• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Also when you were choosing your land to play, did you notice if Count of Vladimir-Volynksy (little county north of Galich and Lviv (Lvov?) ) is playable from the beginning? Once again thanks for sharing this great AAR dude.

This all makes me say one; thing why does February have to be so far away!

Since no one has pointed it out yet, extra points for the Game of Thrones reference in the title.

If I understood correctly, you were handing out captured baronies in pagan lands before the war was even over. Is that right? Can said barons then mobilize troops from these lands in the event of a very long war? And suppose you wind up with a peace that doesn't include you annexing those lands, will the newly dispossessed Barons be angry at you?

Love that rewarding followers with land made you more popular, and that your piety/popularity determine how many troops your vassals send.Is this true if you are playing as a vassal? I.e. If I'm count of A and hate my liege the Duke of B, do I just send a token force in the event of war and keep the rest of my troops safe at home? And if so, can I mobilize said troops (say, to back stab my liege and usurp his title?)

Edit: I misunderstood, you were awarding lands you already had. I get it now

I'm interested in the Pagan bonus to skirmishing. Is it based on province religion, character religion, or culture? Giving different culture groups different bonuses and maluses to refect different styles of warfare is an interesting idea.

Last edited:
I'm sorry guys but those three chapters is all I wrote. I tried to explain as many details as I could inside the AAR itself because I knew I won't be allowed to answer any questions later. :)