• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That even chain still needs to be finished. But yes, you can have triggers in actions now. In this event, the main trigger requires Naples to have either Sicily or Provence for it to fire. Then, the body of the even gives an option of where to retreat - however to make sure that you can't pick an option that you don't have the provinces for - each action checks that you own the area where your capital would move. If the trigger for a particular action isn't satisfied, that option won't show up when the event fires.

The 10 or more provinces is unlikely, but I didn't want there to be a situation for the AI or player where a sizable Naples saw its core provinces torn away from it. Since Naples is unlikely to ever acquire that amount of provinces, the event is more likely to fire as it historically did.

Well that's certainly ingenious and I had absolutely no idea you could do it. I will play around with that and see what examples I can come up with.

I think you need to sleep some events (in the history file) for your next version.

Can someone explain this to me?
How can you have triggers on the actions? How do they work and what do they do?
And what is the use of 'countrysize = 10' as a trigger for Naples? How is she ever going to acquire ten provinces?

For the trigger condition read:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...ggers-list&p=10731877&viewfull=1#post10731877

The countrysize trigger is a "way out" for Naples. If Naples, e.g. when lead by a human, is HUGE then that event will NOT force you to cede provinces to Hungary.

Edit: Ooops - I only noticed that your questions were already answered on the next page after posting my answer.

Last edited:
Switzerland:
=========

In the 1337 scenario Switzerland should not have national cores on "Bern" and "Zürich". In 1337 the old swiss confederacy owned perhaps half of our "Zürich" province:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f1/Territorial-development-Swiss_Confederacy.png

Only the dark pink cantons of Uri, Schwyz and Unterwalden were part of "Switzerland" in 1337 and Zürich joined later.

I suggest to change the national cores of Switzerland BOTH to claimcores - even the core on it´s capital province.

Another map from german WIKI found under Republik Venedig:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/93/Ducato.jpg
which shows just how tiny the old swiss confederacy was in the 14th century before Zürich joined. It´s the tiny brown speck labeled "Lde. der Eidgenossen". Lde being german abbrevation for Lande or lands.

Scotland:
=======

Edward Balliol in Galloway ought to be a vassal of England as he only came to power with english aid:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Balliol#Life

As Balliol only found support in the southern parts of Scotland perhaps change his cores on the northern provinces to claimcores.

David II in Scotland was in french exile from 1334 to 1341. Perhaps a sort of regency as regent for that time?

Scotland should have 1 battle already won in warscore against Balliol due to the battle of Cublean:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Culblean

Aberdeen, province 237 should be pillaged at the start of the 1337 scenario:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_War_of_Scottish_Independence#The_return_of_Edward_III:_1335

Last edited:
@Garbon

Since I am still new to FTG mods, apart from agceep, I haven't yet played with this one. I'll do asap. However I have a question to ask: does this mod also get agceep events in their latest version?

And what about AI, monarchs, leaders and revolts? Are they fine tuned with the agceep ones when 1419 comes?

About religions I see there's a major event for the 1418 council of constance so the switching from AoT to AGCEEP religions is already covered.

Have you thought to merge this mod with the agceep one? I would agree with it and rename all as agceep 1337-1837. Precisely 500 years of game!

The perfect mod name could then be: "500 YEARS MOD"... ;-)

So I actually had started working on it at one point. There's a lot of ground to cover to make it fully compatible (biggest issue is the IDs as I've not respected AGCEEP ranges / would need to select ranges for IDs that the AGCEEP has not tapped into). That said I've always wanted to step in tune with Jinnai's notion that the AGCEEP should have a 14th century scenario...

So I actually had started working on it at one point. There's a lot of ground to cover to make it fully compatible (biggest issue is the IDs as I've not respected AGCEEP ranges / would need to select ranges for IDs that the AGCEEP has not tapped into). That said I've always wanted to step in tune with Jinnai's notion that the AGCEEP should have a 14th century scenario...
There is also an issue with monarchs, I see, and of course leaders which aren't from the agceep I know.

Yep - that's part of the ID issue. Not really worth it to fit it as an unofficial add-on.
Ok, but at this point we don't have many choices left... :sad:

But, for the benefit of the few good men still faithful to ftg and with the aim to revitalize agceep mod, we need to implement it:
either adopting an existing customized map, such as watk (or whatever we have available..), just working on the 1419 scenario only or including a 1337 scenario with what is then needed.

Last edited:
Seeing that the issue with technology steps prevents us to add a pre-1419 scenario in agceep mod without apparently ruininng the game in the late years, I'll post here a suggestion I made in this thread:

How do you plan to depict the Babylonian Captivity without Avignon?

I don´t like the idea of either
1) FRA being mentioned as a legal owner of Rome in the religious CB definition for Rome (because then it would be a legal owner for the whole game as that definition can´t be changed during the game as far as I know) or
2) everyone having a CB on FRA for FRA owning Rome if they are not mentioned in the religious CB definition.

Rather have no visible pope at all and let MUS represent the pope in his tiny avignon domain that is not represented on the map.
I was thinking about having PAP vassal of FRA or even already annexed in 1357, then something like no religious cb until 1377, as to point out the Papal lack of power.

I have also drawn up some ideas for plausible events:

A FRA or 399 (Rome) prov_specific event in 1377:
in case they still hold Rome
A 399 province specific should be fired only if Rome is held by a Catholic country

action A: having PAP independent but still vassal

action B: 399 province still owned by the country receiving the event (but now with religious cb set on)

In case PAP exists, this event won't be needed.

A PAP/MUS event in 1378, about Papal return to Avignon and the election of two Popes

trigger: monarch Gregory XI

action A: (ai chance 99) choose to come back to Avignon -> triggers the Western Schism (proper flag will be activated about which all Christian countries will have to make the choice, with Roman Pope or with Avignon Pope)

action B: stay in Rome: no Schism (ai chance 1!) country revolt risk 20 years

A PAP/MUS event in 1398, with the election of the second Antipope in Avignon

trigger: wester schism

action A: (ai chance 99) elect the Antipope

action B: (ai chance 1) return to Rome -> end of Western Schism (flag set off)

with flag still activated, there should also be events with the possibility for catholic countries to change their support to the new pope or to the former ones.

A PAP/MUS event in 1409 for the Council of Pisa

action A: (ai chance 97) no deal -> election of a third Pope

action B: (ai chance 2) the Pope of Avignon renounces

action C: (ai chance 1) both current (Avignon and ROme) Pope renounce -> end of Western Schism (flag set off)

with flag still activated, there should also be events with the possibility for catholic countries to change their support to the new pope or to the former ones.

A PAP/MUS event in 1415-1417 for the Council of Constance

action A: (ai chance 99) deal -> one Pope but with Benedict XIII going to Peniscola

action B: (ai chance 1) complete deal -> event ARG_7112 to be slept -> end of Western Schism (flag set off)

Tweaks in current events:

In current PAP_251022 we will need to add a command to set the Western Schism flag off.

In case PAP doesn't exist or we don't need a country specific, a sister MUS or a socalled "huge event" for Catholic countries event should be added as to be sure that the flag is now and definitively off.

The 1439 antipope is not relevant imo. But of course we could implement current PAP_251009 and SAV_17411.

Then you do know a way to enable the CB of all catholic states on the owner of Rome if it´s not the pope during the game?
If not possible to tweak the religion define I have no idea. In this case we'll go for a vassalization, then the suggested 1377 event, then the rest be PAP or MUS.

Hoping that this mod is still WIP. :(

hi to all
I've a problem, when I start this MOD I can't change start date, how I have to do?

other request: where I can find details about new nations and new religions?
thanks

Oh that's because I've never note that superfluous line as something worth changing. I believe that the AGCEEP's file still references 1.57. :blush:

Then I suggest to change that file to:

#The Age of Timur

#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mod = {
name = "The Age of Timur"
dir = "FTG_Timur"
language = { "english" }
remark = "For FTG by Garbon"
shields = { "classic" }
remark = "Version 1.12"

}

#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The version line so that everyone knows what version he has installed on his computer and the shield line to prevent that someone uses e.g. enhanced shields in AGCEEP or glory shields in the vanilla game and then changes to AoT and thinks all shields are gone.

Changed file attached.

Attachments

• mod_FTG_Timur.txt
    391 bytes · Views: 65
Hi
the other day AoT crashed in the middle of the game (i have yearly autosave). When i launched it again there were no savegames. I hadn't saved before, but there should be the auto-saves. Does someone know how to solve this problem? I will try to make a savegame to see if those remain. I have FtG Steam version (AoT was included)
Thank you

Hi
the other day AoT crashed in the middle of the game (i have yearly autosave). When i launched it again there were no savegames. I hadn't saved before, but there should be the auto-saves. Does someone know how to solve this problem? I will try to make a savegame to see if those remain. I have FtG Steam version (AoT was included)
Thank you

The version of AoT or AGCEEP that come with FtG when bought are not the newest versions. Download the last version of AoT from the first post in this thread.

When that save problem exists not only in AoT but in other mods or the vanilla game too then read
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?444126-Tech-support-FAQ

Last edited:
Ok thank you! With vanilla no problems