• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
bollocksevent.png

This event is wrong on so many levels. Why do I, a stable and centralizing Golden Horde suddenly have to cede the Siberian provinces to the Uzbeks? It makes no sense at all.

Please consider the following monarchs to be added to the next version of AGCEEP.

The Golden Horde(STE)
Code:
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 0128510 }
	startdate = {
		year = 1502
	}
	deathdate = {
		year = 1820
	}
	name = "Khans of Sarai *"
	DIP = 4
	ADM = 4
	MIL = 4
	dormant = no
}

Crimea(CRI)
Code:
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 037559 }
	startdate = {
		year = 1793
	}
	deathdate = {
		year = 1820
	}
	name = "Khans of Crimea *"
	DIP = 4
	MIL = 4
	ADM = 4
	dormant = no
}

Astrakhan(AST)
Code:
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 013510 }
	startdate = {
		year = 1557
	}
	deathdate = {
		year = 1820
	}
	name = "Khans of Astrakhan *"
	DIP = 4
	MIL = 4
	ADM = 4
	dormant = no
}

Kazan(KAZ)
Code:
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 067515 }
	startdate = {
		year = 1565
	}
	deathdate = {
		year = 1820
	}
	name = "Khans of Kazan *"
	DIP = 4
	MIL = 4
	ADM = 4
	dormant = no
}

Sibir(SIB)
Code:
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 0123022 }
	startdate = {
		year = 1793
	}
	deathdate = {
		year = 1820
	}
	name = "Khans of Sibir *"
	DIP = 4
	MIL = 4
	ADM = 4
	dormant = no
}

Chagatai Khanate(CHG)
Code:
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 031524 }
	startdate = {
		day = 1
		month = october
		year = 1757
	}
	deathdate = {
		year = 1820
	}
	name = "Khans of Dzungaria *"
	DIP = 4
	MIL = 4
	ADM = 4
	dormant = no
}

Last two weeks I tried many diffrent strategies (succesfully winning game with Tibet, Kongo, Iraq, Inca) to save pagan Mongolia from Russia (ergo: completely disaster). And this is impossible (no chance for millitary alliance for example).

My first idea is to change Mongolia state religion to sunni which will make this country playable (it will still remain not so easy to play). Most of mongolia prov should be changed to sunni, some may be changed to buddism and some can stay pagan. It is historicaly correct as Mongolia was under sunni involve since X century. At least an option to convert to sunni should be available from a start.

Second thought is to add NERCHIINSK to Mongolia known provinces as Mongolia has some cores on Manchuria lands but does not have any connection to them. As Mongolia doesn't get any conqistadores those cores are pretty much unreachable. Also it makes easier to understande event about capturing Chinese Emperor.

And last (but not not least) thing - leaders. On the margin - can you be a monarch of such a state as Mongolia and not being exeptional leader?!

Esen Taishi - 1418 till 1455. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esen_Tayisi / in 1449 with 20,000 cavlary beaten Chinese Emperor armies (500,000) and capured him/ Many beautiful victories since 1418/ + Is in db as a monarch

Dayan Khan - 1479 till 1543. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dayan_Khan / Raids on Chinese teritory, captured cities/ + Is in db as a monarch

*post will be continued

Edit: If there is such possibility I would like to post here some event ideas for Mongolia.

Last edited:
This event is wrong on so many levels. Why do I, a stable and centralizing Golden Horde suddenly have to cede the Siberian provinces to the Uzbeks? It makes no sense at all.

You´re right. The event happens on a fixed date regardless of the actual situation. You need a way out.
However it should be no easy way. Historically the Golden Horde had little choice about splintering and vanishing and AGCCEP tries to encourage historical outcomes.

Code:
#(1428) Independence of the Uzbeks
event = {
	id = 287000
        [color=yellow]trigger = {
                  neighbour = UZB # if they are not your neighbour they either don´t exist or you don´t own those provinces
                  OR ={ 
                        NOT = { stability = 3 } # have to control all 5 to and have stability 3 to prevent event
                        NOT = { control = { province = 1573 data = STE } } 
                        NOT = { control = { province = 1571 data = STE } }
                        NOT = { control = { province = 578 data = STE } }
                        NOT = { control = { province = 512 data = STE } }
                        NOT = { control = { province =458 data = STE } } #Sarai capital of the Golden Horde
                        }
                            }[/color]
	random = no
	country = STE
	name = "EVENTNAME287000" #Independence of the Uzbeks
	desc = "EVENTHIST287000"
	#-#By the 15th century,the power of the Golden Horde was in full decline. Its power in the former lands of the White Horde was feeble at best, non-existant at worst. In fact, many small Kingdoms had appeared in the east, the most powerful of all, being On's Kingdom, the precusor to the Khanate of Sibir. In 1428, in the city of Sibir, Abul Khayr was named the khan of the Uzbek Horde. The region finally had its own local ruler, but at the cost of the Golden Horde. However, with its principal lands in shambles, those centered around the Volga River, the khan of the Golden Horde could do little better than to accept the existence of Khayr's dominion, lest he wanted to provoke another conflict. And so in 1428, the Uzbek Khanate was free.

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1428 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME287000A" #Our hands are bound
		command = { type = breakvassal which = UZB }
		command = { type = dynastic which = UZB }
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = UZB value = 1573 } #Tobolsk
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = UZB value = 1571 } #Jalutorovsk
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = UZB value = 578 } #Ichim
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = UZB value = 512 } #Tenghiz
		command = { type = relation which = UZB value = -100 }
		command = { type = trigger which = 325004 } #UZB: Independence of the Uzbeks
	}
}

I´m unsure about the syntax of the trigger. What I would intend to check is that
when the Golden Horde has stability 3 and controls all 4 provinces the event should not fire.

Edit: Tested and the OR trigger works as intended. If the Golden Horde manages to have +3 stability and to control all 4 of those provinces and their capital then the event won´t fire. As the GH starts the game 1419 with - 3 stabilty and has several events that lower stability and cause revolts it is not easy to achieve that.

Last edited:
Last two weeks I tried many diffrent strategies (succesfully winning game with Tibet, Kongo, Iraq, Inca) to save pagan Mongolia from Russia (ergo: completely disaster). And this is impossible (no chance for millitary alliance for example).

My first idea is to change Mongolia state religion to sunni which will make this country playable (it will still remain not so easy to play). Most of mongolia prov should be changed to sunni, some may be changed to buddism and some can stay pagan. It is historicaly correct as Mongolia was under sunni involve since X century. At least an option to convert to sunni should be available from a start.

Second thought is to add NERCHIINSK to Mongolia known provinces as Mongolia has some cores on Manchuria lands but does not have any connection to them. As Mongolia doesn't get any conqistadores those cores are pretty much unreachable. Also it makes easier to understande event about capturing Chinese Emperor.

And last (but not not least) thing - leaders. On the margin - can you be a monarch of such a state as Mongolia and not being exeptional leader?!

Esen Taishi - 1418 till 1455. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esen_Tayisi / in 1449 with 20,000 cavlary beaten Chinese Emperor armies (500,000) and capured him/ Many beautiful victories since 1418/ + Is in db as a monarch

Dayan Khan - 1479 till 1543. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dayan_Khan / Raids on Chinese teritory, captured cities/ + Is in db as a monarch

*post will be continued

Edit: If there is such possibility I would like to post here some event ideas for Mongolia.

There already is an event that allows Mongolia to turn from pagan to buddhism and that turns several provinces from pagan to buddhism. I know that because I once tried and failed to conquer mongolia before that event so that it´s pagan provinces would turn to my culture when converted ^^

Mongolia might not have events granting it conquistadors but there are always the random events granting conquistadors that allow every non-pagan with the right slider settings to gain one. So become buddhist, adjust your sliders every 10 years and hope you are lucky.

Edit:
About Esen and leaders: Esen is already the monarch of mongolia from 1438 to 1440 with vey good values 5/7/5 that improve administration and are good at military and diplomacy too.
Every state has generic leaders with generic statistics.
We could add his name to that generic leader names list leadernames.txt for ASS (Mongolia) so that you can have an army lead by a general with his name:
Code:
ASS = {
	"Al Altan"
        [color=yellow]"Esen Tayisi"[/color]
	"Qori Buqa"
	"Mongke Temur"
	"Qutugh"
	"Oyugun"
	"Vachir"
	"Arslan"
	"Burilgi"
	"Tolui"
	"Unegen"
}

Last edited:
Experimenting with new cityname command

command = { type = cityname which = x value = "y" }
Changes the name of the city in province x.

Suggested changes:

In the file
FortheGlory/mods/AGCEEP/localisation/English/provinces.csv
the entry
CITY_Volgograd;TsaritsynSarai;x

Tsaritsyn is the name of the fortress the russians built there - after they conquered the area.
Before it should be named Sarai as the capital of the Golden Horde.

Code:
#(1500-1820) Russian settlement in Volgograd
event = {
	id = 271042
	trigger = {
		owned = { province = 458 data = -1 }
		control = { province = 458 data = -1 }
		provincereligion = { province = 458 data = orthodox }
	}
	random = no
	country = RUS
	name = "EVENTNAME271042" #Russian settlement in Volgograd
	desc = "EVENTHIST271042"
	#-#The efforts to move orthodox settlers into the steppe and Russify the region have paid dividends in Volgograd.

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1500 }
	offset = 8500
	deathdate = { year = 1820 }

action_a = {
		name = "GREAT"
		command = { type = provincetax which = 458 value = 2 } #Volgograd
		command = { type = provinceculture which = 458 value = russian } #Volgograd
		command = { type = population which = 458 value = 10000 } #Volgograd
                [color=yellow]command = { type = cityname which = 458 value = "Tsarityn" }[/color]
	}
}

Should "Sarai" not be in the SAMARA province?

I don't mean to start an argument, but I do have a question.

What was the reason for including Fergana (NOG) as a revolter? They only seem to have Tajikistan as a core. When are they supposed to exist?

I don't mean to start an argument, but I do have a question.

What was the reason for including Fergana (NOG) as a revolter? They only seem to have Tajikistan as a core. When are they supposed to exist?

Many of the reasons why AGCEEP is now how it is can be found in the discussions in the EU2 forum
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...e-mugah-s-no-wonder-ai-can-never-do-it-either

Edit: If you search for NOG in the events files you´ll find the event in
AGCEEP_Specific_Timurids.eue
that releases them.

Last edited:
You´re right. The event happens on a fixed date regardless of the actual situation. You need a way out.
However it should be no easy way. Historically the Golden Horde had little choice about splintering and vanishing and AGCCEP tries to encourage historical outcomes.

Actually the event is intentional as is. The Golden Horde was already in decline by 1419 and nothing that the player does in the 9 intervening years could change fundamental structural problems.

That said, there should be an alternate version added if the Uzbeks don't exist to bring them about.

On a bit unrelated note, why were the Nogai Horde (aka Nogay Horde) removed from AGCEEP?

Unless we are horribly low on country tags neded for some important projects, I would consider adding them back. They survived until 1634 - much longer than Astrakhan that is in the game.

Adding them back could help with the succession issues without overpowering Crimea too early. If we were to add them back, then
1) Sybir khans inherit Kazan in 1565.
2) The Nogai Horde inherit Astrakhan in 1559.
3) In 1634 Crimea inherits the Nogai Horde, with whatever ex-astrakhan lands it still has.
4) 1793 - Crimea inherits Sibir with whatever ex-kazan lands it may have.

So Crimea may become more powerfull, but only if Russia doesn't swallow these lands by 1634. Which by the experience of my last game (As Poland, did a whole lot of damage to Russia and she still annexed the tatar khanates by the historical date) seems unlikely and should happen rarely.

Last edited:
On a bit unrelated note, why were the Nogai Horde (aka Nogay Horde) removed from AGCEEP?
Unless we are horribly low on country tags neded for some important projects, I would consider adding them back. They survived until 1634 - much longer than Astrakhan that is in the game.

Because at the time it was removed EU2 had only a limited amount of free tags and so the tag of the Nogai Horde (NOG) was used for Ferghana that is currently "NOG" in AGCEEP. In addition the "smaller" Nogai Horde was under the rule of the Crimean Khans and no independant state. The larger Nogai Horde was finished as a state in 1632 when the Kalmyks invaded.

Actually, the Nogai were removed not really for tag reasons (although certainly that was an argument in favor) but rather there was confusion about the two different Nogai hordes and on that basis it was argued that the Nogai were not centralized enough to be a EU2 style state. I had meant to get them re-implemented in the EU2 version of AGCEEP but never got around to it. So yes, I'd support their re-inclusion.

Actually, the Nogai were removed not really for tag reasons (although certainly that was an argument in favor) but rather there was confusion about the two different Nogai hordes and on that basis it was argued that the Nogai were not centralized enough to be a EU2 style state. I had meant to get them re-implemented in the EU2 version of AGCEEP but never got around to it. So yes, I'd support their re-inclusion.

OK, if we re-include the Nogai, then we could have the Kalmyk dynasty rule them in turn after 1634 to 1771. So that would solve much of our dynasty issues at least until the late 18th century.

Ran a few tests with re-introduced Nogais (hands off). Nogais started with alga, Emba and Bouzatchi, recived Irgiz, Orsk, Orenburg via events related to the brakeup of the Golden Horde.

In all of the 4 tests, the Nogais didin't even survive until 1500. They were always annexed by the Uzbeks, Kazakhs or Astrakhan.

So... It seems there is absolutely no sense to re-include them, unless we want to have a "flavor" state that willbe annexed somewhere between 1450-1480. If that is the case, silesia would make a much better "short term flavor state" which would come with more interesting monarchs and events.

I absolutely will run a few more tests to see what may be the best suitable solution.

Last edited:
Ran a few tests with re-introduced Nogais (hands off). Nogais started with alga, Emba and Bouzatchi, recived Irgiz, Orsk, Orenburg via events related to the brakeup of the Golden Horde.

In all of the 4 tests, the Nogais didin't even survive until 1500. They were always annexed by the Uzbeks, Kazakhs or Astrakhan.

Force annexed through a war or diploannexed? Do any of those nations after your changes have any cores on provinces of the others?
Perhaps better move the discussion to the thread about the golden horde and it´s splinter states as the reintroduction of the Nogai contains much more than monarchs of doomed nations:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?444502-AGCEEP-Central-Asia

Last edited: