• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As of now the patch should be available for DL from all DH distributor sites and you should be able to get it from there.
Let me know if it is not available from the place you bought the game.

@Stahl-Opa
There's not a definite answer to your questions. Major mods (KR, TRP, WIF etc.) use own DB files and all they have to update is changed config files (misc.txt, policy_effects.csv etc.) that usually have new lines added in every new patch. Smaller or focused on something more specific mods is better to use the updated DB that comes with every patch as a base. For this to work you should minimize the number of changed by you files OR keep a very good documentation on your changes so you can apply them correctly over the new DB.

Last edited:
After installing the patch, the game crushes.

Played DH full. 1914. First tried with Bulgaria. Game crushed when A-U declared war to Serbia.
I tried again 1914 with A-U. The game crushes exacly in the moment i choose to declare war to Serbia in the event. I guess something is wrong with the event...

If you're using the German language, there's a problem with the translation of a string that causes crashes. Try using the english language for the first 2 months and it should not crash. Sorry for the incovenient.
There's an hotfix somewhere but I can't find it now, sorry.

After installing the patch, the game crushes.

Played DH full. 1914. First tried with Bulgaria. Game crushed when A-U declared war to Serbia.
I tried again 1914 with A-U. The game crushes exacly in the moment i choose to declare war to Serbia in the event. I guess something is wrong with the event...

Are you playing in German?
There's a bug in the German localization of the game that causes crashes on war declaration.
Here's a link to a quick-fix for that:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...an-version&p=13080063&viewfull=1#post13080063

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?570275-Bug-Darkest-Hour-Light-1.02

Vichy will work properly for me in Light, However as i posted in the bug reporting forum......

Bug, Darkest Hour Light, 1.02English versionDH Light 1.02 TXBL

"1936 SecnarioGame will freeze upon selecting Slovakia ceded to Hungary event during the "end of chezkoslovakia" March 1939, no matter then nation played. (This does not happen when Slovakia is created)Game will also freeze upon the surrender of Denmark event in 1940.Check the checksum, attempted to reinstall the patch, and verified as other nations under new games from the secnario.
Idea's?"

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?570275-Bug-Darkest-Hour-Light-1.02

Vichy will work properly for me in Light, However as i posted in the bug reporting forum......

Bug, Darkest Hour Light, 1.02English versionDH Light 1.02 TXBL

"1936 SecnarioGame will freeze upon selecting Slovakia ceded to Hungary event during the "end of chezkoslovakia" March 1939, no matter then nation played. (This does not happen when Slovakia is created)Game will also freeze upon the surrender of Denmark event in 1940.Check the checksum, attempted to reinstall the patch, and verified as other nations under new games from the secnario.
Idea's?"
Sorry I had seen that report but I have not had the time to check it out yet. The idea is to rework the event similarly to DHFull.

The Steam 1.02 version seems to be working as intended so now, at least from my experience, there´s no need to move the files out and manually patch anymore ... yay :)

hey, thanks for the update, but wtf do we every damn time you make an update have to redownload a fresh copy and reinstall this game? I mean the game does have a separate folder included in the fresh crap called "Mods", that is where all the damn mods actually go,(as they damn well should).

SO i really have to ask, why the F do we have to reinstall the effing main files ti get this update of yours to function properly??? That is logically stupid to have to do.

What should happen is we download your 1.2 file and install it into darkest hour main and it should know where to put the updated stuff at. It shouldn't mess with any "mods" sitting in the separate "mods" folder.

this is basic old skool coding... so i'd really like to know who you have to make it so damn difficult to install your update.

and yes, I so HATE to repeat what i've already done. This sure seems the case.

thanks for the update though.

I'm sorry, but the installer of Darkest Hour modifies only the DHFull and DHLight folders inside the Mods folders. The folder of other mods (like Kaiserreich or TRP) are not affected.

I also don't know what to say about the need for a fresh install, you're the first to report this kind of problems. Unfortunately I don't know how to help you, sorry.

What ^_AC_^ said.

The patch installer modifies only files installed by the game and does not change files in other mods (if installed properly in own folders under Mods folder).
Every patch installer we release is tested and verified to work with ALL official and beta versions of DH released by us as far as you DO NOT modify files outside your personal or 3rd party mods folders.

If I attach a artillery and engineer to my 1942 infantery in the production window a speed of 5 is displayed, however after deploying the said unit it only has a speed of 4. Is this bug known? I couldn't find it using the search field.

The patch from the link in the first post of this thread has 118 MB, but 1.02 from Gamersgate has 117 MB. Any reason for that? :mellow:

EDIT: Seems my PC displayed that wrong. Checksum's the same.