• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Don't you just love those exploration/tomb events? I've actually never used Hussars before so I'm looking forward to seeing you utilize them correctly on the battlefield.

Don't you just love those exploration/tomb events? I've actually never used Hussars before so I'm looking forward to seeing you utilize them correctly on the battlefield.

Correctly might be a bit of a stretch, but I'll do my best :D

I suppose if you don't mind being at war constantly (and thus not really losing infamy) keeping Austria down permanently is nice side-effect.

I did sign a white peace, but theoretically, you're not wrong.

It seems Westernizers is somewhat of a misnomer in that world, what with Glorious Mother Russia being the most technologically advanced nation in the world. Or close to it.

It seems Westernizers is somewhat of a misnomer in that world, what with Glorious Mother Russia being the most technologically advanced nation in the world. Or close to it.

Exactly right!

After a lot of soul searching, I've decided to call this AAR "abandoned." There are a lot of reasons why, but here are the most relevant.

1) My PC, a pretty advanced one, is really slow with 500+ Russian brigades, as well as the rest of the world.
2) If every other nation in the game declared war on me, I'd still outnumber them and outtech them. The only challenge would come from the frustration of trying to manage a huge front.
3) I get tons and tons of minor events that mean exactly nothing in the long run, so it's largely a click fest.
4) In conclusion, playing the game at this point is really boring :D

I don't know whether or not I'll start a new Vicky 2 AAR or not; I'd welcome suggestions, of course, but with two other AARs currently running, it probably wouldn't be soon. I'll definitely do one as soon as I get AHD in January, but for now, unless somebody has a really exciting recommendation, I'll probably just leave Vicky 2 alone for a bit.

I'd like to thank all of my readers, and please do use this thread for further comments or possible new suggestions, but I will not be posting any further updates.

Your PC is slow with 500 brigades? My Mac's still coping with 2300.

Slightly disappointed to see the death of this nice AAR, but I can see why. Three on the go at once sounds pretty difficult to handle.

I've got quite a few suggestions for a V2 AAR (and some I'm keeping to myself ;)).

I'm sad to see this die, maybe if/once you get AHD you might be able to resume it? (assuming AHD adds multi-core support)

Your PC is slow with 500 brigades? My Mac's still coping with 2300.

Slightly disappointed to see the death of this nice AAR, but I can see why. Three on the go at once sounds pretty difficult to handle.

I've got quite a few suggestions for a V2 AAR (and some I'm keeping to myself ;)).

2300?! :blink: I do go at max speed most of the time, and that's where I find most of the lag, particularly in 1880, which is where I officially gave up.

I'm sad to see this die, maybe if/once you get AHD you might be able to resume it? (assuming AHD adds multi-core support)

It's certainly a possibility; AHD might have a heart attack at a converted game, but it could be worth a shot.

I am sad to see it end, but you have some pretty good reasons.

Too bad.:(

Sorry to hear that you're pulling the plug, but it's true that converting a successful EU3 AAR can make it difficult to preserve the dramatic tension. I hope I'm managing to get away with it in mine, but it's definitely a worry.

On top of that, running this plus a couple of EU3 AARs is a massive undertaking. I certainly wouldn't be able to keep track of all that.

I am sad to see it end, but you have some pretty good reasons.

Sorry to hear that you're pulling the plug, but it's true that converting a successful EU3 AAR can make it difficult to preserve the dramatic tension. I hope I'm managing to get away with it in mine, but it's definitely a worry.

On top of that, running this plus a couple of EU3 AARs is a massive undertaking. I certainly wouldn't be able to keep track of all that.

Thanks all for the kind words!

As far as a potential new Vicky 2 AAR, I don't think I'll convert another EU 3 game until they fix literacy conversion; I think that's ultimately what made the game so boring to me. Not the speed decrease, which was annoying but not game breaking, but the "hah hah hah I out number AND out tech you!" stuff. Granted, it probably would have me even more awesome in this game, but it might have made a world conquest a real possibility, which I would actually have gone for.

So, that being said, I'm looking for good vanilla Vicky 2 ideas. No new AAR until NRI is done -- since I'm in 1750, gameplay wise, that won't be too long -- but I would like some of your thoughts.

Here's one I was thinking of for vanilla - Burma. I'll even let you use "Kaba Ma Kyei" for your title.

I've got at least one more AAR planned after the current one, and by the time I finish that CK2'll be out. Heh.

Here's one I was thinking of for vanilla - Burma. I'll even let you use "Kaba Ma Kyei" for your title.

I've got at least one more AAR planned after the current one, and by the time I finish that CK2'll be out. Heh.

That's very kind of you! :) I generally prefer writing AARs for countries I know a little about, and I must say that SE Asia is not one of my strong points, but I'll give it some consideration.