• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(226921)

Banned
4 Badges
Sep 14, 2010
  • Deus Vult
  • For The Glory
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Sword of the Stars
AGCEEP_big.gif

Greetings. This is the thread where I'll outline my work on my little pet project I've called Lackland's Revival Project (for AGCEEP). While a monumental task, my skills and expertise will promise you the following within at most six months:

Lackland's Map

Because of the hideous nature of EU2's map (and by extension, FtG's as well, unfortunately), this was my initial project. Work on this map is nearly finished, though my recent dabbling in events and scenario setups has distracted me somewhat. With the near maximum of new provinces, this map promises to be the most exhaustive, comprehensive and historical map to date.

Improved Event Chains

Having finished my graduate studies in medieval history (In particular Norman Sicily/Naples), I'm qualified to write complex event chains of not just the historical nature, but splendidly counterfactual events. Thankfully, my forebearers did a superb job at this for the most part, so admittedly most of the work for now is just improving and fixing what's already there, but rest assured that eventually I intend to expand this immensely.

Additional Start Date(s)

As most of my work is improving the map and default scenario's, I felt guilty about not leaving enough of my own work. I decided to add an additional scenario, 1199, codenamed "Era of the Colossals". It's only about 20% done, but it will be in the release version, even if I must release it in say, a 90% state.

Future/Planned Additions:

Additionally, I intend to better represent things such as the channel islands. My solution to this thus far (and probably in the final version) is to represent Normandy as a vassal to the crown of England, under the wise guidance of an immortal "Duke of Normandie". I promise it will grow on you, though if it doesn't then I don't know what to tell you.

Joining the team

Interested? Want to help me? Send your qualifications to me via PM. My requirements are strict, so please don't complain here or in PM's if I reject you. I will only recruit men as skilled as I am. Suggestions are welcome by everyone, however.

This post will be updated as progress rolls on.

Progress

Map: 60%
Default Scenario Files: 35%
Events: 60%
Era of the Colossals: 20%

Last edited:
I wouldn't be against moving this to the AGCEEP sub-forum, my mistake on putting it here. Regarding my credentials as a member of the High Council...

I'm Fodoron's brother. He asked me to "carry on the touch", so to say, and keep the project alive for now and forever. The suggestion seems to be that even my kids will carry on my work after I'm dead, but we shall arrive at that junction when the time is needed.

As for now, somebody needs to carry on this project, and it certainly wont be a certain user who claims to be the only active member of the High Council. Should this appear ambiguous, I refer to a certain user who keeps promising us a new map.

Regards,

The Reviver

Always good to see people attempting to expand, support and improve AGCEEP which is a splendid mod. Just keep in mind not to try turning AGCEEP into a personal project. It is first and foremost advanced through the combined work of the comunity and the wise administration of the HC (untill it effectively dissolved).

Given a couple of PM's and a visitor message kindly left by a visitor, I thought I'd give some updates regarding the mod. I've made little progress since the initial post admittedly, but there's a reason. Due to the passing of both my pet parakeet (who was a bird of great therapy for the stresses in my life) and 14 year old Borzoi, I had effectively took a long break.

I'll cease this break now, given that its been about a month, granted. Apologies if this is a poor excuse for any delays in what promises to be a great mod. By the way, my offer still stands about any help or advice you wish to give. Thanks for your support, everyone :).

In regards to a preview of the map, I'll post one at a later date. I need to go feed my Japanese fighting fish, Nippon and Sushi. That later date probably being in a few hours ;).

Regards,

The Great

Last edited:
cubajohnlackland4.png

Here it is. I'm not at liberty due to pseudo-contractual obligations to show the actual map, but I can show you my outlines. This is basically how Cuba will look in the game. The next region I'll show a preview of what will be Italy, which will be my unique but very accurate take on the boot.

Regards,

The Great

Here it is. I'm not at liberty due to pseudo-contractual obligations to show the actual map, but I can show you my outlines. This is basically how Cuba will look in the game. The next region I'll show a preview of what will be Italy, which will be my unique but very accurate take on the boot.

Regards,

The Great

pseudo-contractual obligations? Could you elaborate on that?
We have seen a lot of previews for a new map already
http://norrefeldt.ownit.nu/
and I´m not really interested to see more sketches of possible future maps ;-)

This is how Cuba will look in the game? If you are modifying the map alone, why do you assume that that map will be adopted for use in AGCEEP?

Last edited:
pseudo-contractual obligations? Could you elaborate on that?
We have seen a lot of previes for a new map already
http://norrefeldt.ownit.nu/
and I´m not really interested to see more sketches of possible future maps ;-)

This is how Cuba will look in the game? If you are modifying the map alone, why do you assume that that map will be adopted for use in AGCEEP?

I am the AGCEEP.

Regards,

Fodoron's Brother (you'd do well to show me more respect if you ever want to touch this mod.)

I am the AGCEEP.

You are a bit confused. AGCEEP is not the property of any single person but a community project.

And you are not Louis XIV ;-)

Regards,

Fodoron's Brother (you'd do well to show me more respect if you ever want to touch this mod.)

Well you could be Yodas nephew, Fodorons sister or Red Riding Hood´s granny - that wouldn´t change anything or earn my respect.
If you respect that there is a community working on AGCEEP and you can´t simply announce something in the name of AGCEEP then I might change my mind.

Last edited:
Is this supposed to be serious?