• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trust me we won't miss you at all... You are just one of the few individuals out there that will always find the negative no matter what is said and done. It is your kind (which really is just few) that typically has zero faith in anything, who usually feels that their ultra negative posting will somehow unhinge the entire company and create a mass exodus. Sorely you are wrong but I'm sure your lack of foresight and pure negativity will keep you strong in your own delusions.

Have a great life...

yeah cause I havent actually used this site to get the game working (after finding that the lowest settings causes a crash). Yea always negative. Cause im TOTALLY in the wrong to be pissed off about being ripped off like this. Im TOTALLY unjustified. Amirite?

yeah cause I havent actually used this site to get the game working (after finding that the lowest settings causes a crash). Yea always negative. Cause im TOTALLY in the wrong to be pissed off about being ripped off like this. Im TOTALLY unjustified. Amirite?

Often, we cheat ourselves when we choose to feel bad... So you are justified so long as it depends on you.

hm... game I paid for is "blown apart code", missing features, etc etc etc, and Im CHOOSING to feel bad about it? Yeah ok lol
Guess Im CHOOSING not to further pay for the "launch now, patch to where it should have been at launch" business model and pretend this is ok.

hm... game I paid for is "blown apart code", missing features, etc etc etc, and Im CHOOSING to feel bad about it? Yeah ok lol
Guess Im CHOOSING not to further pay for the "launch now, patch to where it should have been at launch" business model and pretend this is ok.

No one is saying you have no right to be pissed off. what we are saying is were sick of hearing it. you have voiced you disspleasure many times on ALOT of posts. we get the point. we just dont care anymore. your like a dog whos got his teeth stuck in and wont let go. you want to make your voice heard, get a refund and dont give them your mony back in the future. posting on every thread stiring up shit isnt the way.

I think everyone agrees that what Kerberos / Paradox / Steam did with the release of Sword of the Stars II wasn't "OK". Kerberos (Mecron) in particular has owned up to it and is trying his best to make amends. No, it doesn't suddenly make the original decision right suddenly, but that ship has sailed, right? Who of us hasn't done something we regret in our lives? There's no way to change past actions--all we can do is our best moving forward.

For my part, I do believe the product will get patched into awesomeness. Whether that's next month or next year, even if they had set expectations correctly for the release I'd still be getting my awesome game at the same time. So it's no difference for me; I'd have given them my money anyway.

For those people had expectations that the game would be playable immediately, it looks like a refund is forthcoming. So they are going to be fine, too. Really, there is no reason to start being uncivil to other people in this forum. Just because some of us are willing to invest in a future product does not make us "fan boyz" or some such nonsense. We have some precedent(SotS I) to go on that leads us to believe the same thing will happen (eventually) with SotS II. Nobody is saying that they were right to deceive (by omission) potential customers about the current state of the product. Some of us are just saying that we don't personally mind, and we're not tell you how to feel. So go ahead and feel angry if you wish, but I think the poster several above me was just saying that you're only hurting yourself by sitting around feeling angry.

@Ordo Impavidus - by the way, that's a very impressive insight you have there. I don't often see a degree of self-awareness on game forums, so my hats off to you, sir.

Oh Jesus Christ! "Oh they used me for my money". Oh come on, like $40 is going to make a difference. Most people piss this kind of money away at a bar. It's one thing to complain about paying for a product that is not ready, and it happens over and over again, but to say "they took my money" like it was $1000s of dollars is just pathetic.

If this $40 really means that much to you, then you should have never pre-ordered the game in the first place or buy it on First Day release. It is getting quite pathetic on how some people are whining about $40.

All I can say for anyone who is complaining and crying, You should have know better. How come people are surprised? It's not like this doesn't happen all the time. Oh wait, yes it does.

Imagine that you are in a restaurant, and you order your food and you pay for it.

Then they bring you an empty plate and explain that because they didn't have enough money to make the dish, they are just going to gradually make the dish over a few hours.

Would you be happy?

Imagine that you are in a restaurant, and you order your food and you pay for it.

Then they bring you an empty plate and explain that because they didn't have enough money to make the dish, they are just going to gradually make the dish over a few hours.

Would you be happy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQOlB1yW9f4
jump to 1:28

Sushi restaurants work in a similar way, you have your plate and such and you order what you would like... if the restaurant is really busy, takes a bit longer.
Just had to tack that on in response to the Tappanyaki vid in the post above me.

I don't understand exactly what happened.
1. Did they completely lose a lot of code which must be rewritten or
2. the missing features are scattered among different trunks and branches and they have to collect and reassemble them?

Dog ate it.

;)

So, you guys bought the game knowing that you would get it gradually?

I knew what i was getting into.
The game has soooo much promise so I gladly lent Kerberos 30 quid ;)
I couldn't abide the idea of a sequel to SOTS becoming vapourware.

I would have liked a heads up and to be told we are really preordering with access to the beta.
I'd rather be playing it now, but i'm sure the problem is hurting the devs as much as us. :)

There you go mate: support@paradoxplaza.com see you in six months when you'll buy the game for 50$ ;)

Warder
I agree with Buddahcjcc. Whilst I was willing to pay full price prior to the launch of SotS, I won't in the future and I probably won't have. I have seen some of the reviews popping up and with reviews this harsh the game will drop its price sooner rather than later.

Why are you still trolling around the forums here? You made it clear you lost all faith in this company and the game so walk away and begone with you... LOL

You obviously didn't read the OP clearly enough or get the point. Just uninstall, get your refund and go find something else for your rage because clearly you are only proving my original point.

I for one put the game away for now after reading the OP and "understanding" what was said. I have complete faith that all will be taken care of soon enough.

I really dont understand why ppl are still moaning about the game its been a week now if you arent happy get a refund and leave the rest of us to it?me and a friend preordered sots2 ages b4 the release couldnt wait for it lol played sots1 a hell of alot in the lead up but when sots2 came out we looked at eachother said they'll fix it and went back to sots1 there wasnt even a mention of anger or refunds lol!

Both Kerberos and Paradox Interactive have normally always supported their games to me, with a few exceptions of certain second sourced games. Normally in a few months. Several of the big bugs have already been squashed and with patches every few days it should be very stable soon where they can start adding the portions of the game that were delayed. I have no quam about the money I spent on the game even with being on a very limited budget. I will get my money out of it. SotS II is a very important game for both the companies and will not be abandoned. So either learn the ins and outs of the new game or play SotS for free. If you want a refund get it. But in my opinion you should try to help out and not complain at this point, I read a lot of reviews that said to avoid this game for now, but as I see it right now it is not bad already. Still to many crashes and stuff. My only problem right now with the game is the updates are coming so fast that I can't play the games I started out before I get a new patch that makes my game unplayable.

Status
Not open for further replies.