• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Mar 14, 2003
Hello and welcome to this my first and probably only Sengoku AAR.

This will be a vanilla game. Current (release) version of the game. I will be playing through a Musashi AAR as they just happen to be the daimyo Ive chosen for this game. It will be a mostly post-session account of what has happened in the game. However at some key moments in the game's timeline, I will ask for suggestions in deciding how best to proceed. Should I do this or that. Hopefully I will receive at least one suggestion on how best to carry on. :)

Unlike previous AARs of mine, posts will be short and sweet. One graphic per update. This way I can update more frequently, when I can spare the time to play and write up.

If there are any MODs that you want to see played and written up about, then please prompted after this first post. I will look to quickly restart the game with this mod installed. But not once the AAR gets going.

Oh and if the font used is making it hard to read, please let me know and I shall try to find one that isnt as harsh and accepts lowercase characters.

So without further ado, lets begin.

Thx.
2Coats

1024sengokuaar00000.jpg

Last edited:
It is sometimes difficult to read. F.i. I and C after eachother make them look as a K. It's a beautiful font, but maybe best used only in titles, or in the header.

Yeh looks stunning, just think its very hard to read if the whole AAR is going to be set on the scroll.
Can you change the scroll to be white ? Although that may defeat the purpose :(

Certainly a good start and dont get discouraged, a good AAR always needs a tweak here and there, god knows i fiddle about with mine even days after posting ! :)

Thx for the quick comments. Font changed to a more neutral type. Shame, I really liked that font - 'Bushido'. Tried a few others but they all use capital typeface across the board. Oh well....

agree it was right ... just needed to be broken up. Why not do the trick of using that font for the first word of each para, then one easier on the eye ... give a sort of medieval manuscript feeling to the iimage?

I didn't see the original font, but this one is quite readable. It takes a little extra effort with the scroll texture behind it, but for reasons of atmosphere I think it's worth it.

I look forward to seeing what you can do with the Musashi.

Yeh looks stunning, just think its very hard to read if the whole AAR is going to be set on the scroll.
Can you change the scroll to be white ? Although that may defeat the purpose :(

Certainly a good start and dont get discouraged, a good AAR always needs a tweak here and there, god knows i fiddle about with mine even days after posting ! :)

Thx for the praise. Hope I can keep up the high standard throughout.... Ive changed the fonts a third time.... hopefully this one will be more readable that the others. If not Ill turn down the opacity of the canvas, so the writing shines through even more! re: Tweaks - dont I know that for sure!

agree it was right ... just needed to be broken up. Why not do the trick of using that font for the first word of each para, then one easier on the eye ... give a sort of medieval manuscript feeling to the iimage?

I will certainly give it a try! Though the revision will have to wait till tomorrow!

I didn't see the original font, but this one is quite readable. It takes a little extra effort with the scroll texture behind it, but for reasons of atmosphere I think it's worth it.

I look forward to seeing what you can do with the Musashi.

Thanks. It was the font used in the title (CHAPTER 1/PROLOGUE). Its been changed once more. Hopefully, it should be legible to all of you now. Even I can read it and Im typing away with only the illumination of my screen to light the keystrokes tapped on my keyboard! ;)
Stay tuned. Things are about to go downhill very fast!

The next post is brought you by listening to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBws-gApi0A&feature=related

Last edited:
Who is this imbecile Haruhito you speak of? With an moniker like that, he must be something special, not merely stupid or dense... :)

Well, good luck with the war. This does not sound like it will be easy (certainly not when you take your 'going downhill fast' comment into consideration ;)).

interesting developments ... & brilliant graphics
Indeed - Im hoping that this game will be v. eventful! Thank you for your v. kind words :)

Exciting! Let's hope the Musashi can hold out until Uesugi-armies arrive to relieve them.
You and I both!

Who is this imbecile Haruhito you speak of? With an moniker like that, he must be something special, not merely stupid or dense... :)
Well, good luck with the war. This does not sound like it will be easy (certainly not when you take your 'going downhill fast' comment into consideration ;)).

He - the poor lad, was the only other candidate who I could select from my entourage of men-at-arms. He as you may expect has the imbecile trait, which lower a skill by enough points as to make me think otherwise...

Cool develompent and nice graphics mate! :)
Thank you too! :)

As ever thank you chaps (and ladies - if any of you are of a female persuasion) for taking the time to read and comment on my humble offering. Updates shortly.

Born for bad luck! Remember though, once everything has gone down, it can only become better again.

Indeed..... see here! Probably another update tomorrow. Updates during the week will depend on free time. Writing AARs surely is a young man's past-time!

1024sengokuaar00003.jpg

After your Long March, you're finally in enemy territory - how does the battle (or, if battle is not yet involved, the war) go?

Now that the desired union between your Daimyo and the lady Hoju has been denied, are you planning to marry him off to a less-desirable bride, or will he remain a bachelor until a suitable replacement can be found?

After your Long March, you're finally in enemy territory - how does the battle (or, if battle is not yet involved, the war) go?
Now that the desired union between your Daimyo and the lady Hoju has been denied, are you planning to marry him off to a less-desirable bride, or will he remain a bachelor until a suitable replacement can be found?

The battle is going... well its taking a fair bit of time. Which you will see in the next update - hopefully later tonight. As for the marriage I shall have settle for the next best thing as I want to maximize possible heirs at the moment and try to marry them off and build up the empire that way - a backup plan.

Thanks again for reading this AAR.

1024sengokuaar00005.jpg