• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

November 1951- January 1952

Appologies for the size of the screenshots, my usual picture host is refusing any login so I'm using an older image host account. I named the new album as DAMN YOU TINYPIC. Unfortunately they wouldn't let me use an exclamation mark.

Its a steady grind southwards, the vast majority of battles incur the deaths of 15,000 men as a minimum. After the "ripple" had gone past, most areas could advance on their own with the support from neighbouring provinces. There are advances all over the place unlike last year.

HoI3_1.jpg

HoI3_2.jpg

HoI3_3.jpg

HoI3_4.jpg

HoI3_5.jpg

HoI3_6.jpg

HoI3_7.jpg

The veteran Mot/LArm 2nd corps arrives in the south and immediately makes an impact, one more VP is taken.

HoI3_8.jpg

In the north I tried to advance in the mountainous west. Frustratingly Asturias is either attacking or supporting my attack completely ruins the advance. This battle is still pending and the only division in combat is about to withdraw from the battle.

HoI3_9.jpg

The final VP in the south is captured. There is at least 20 provinces to go before arriving at another one pushing north.

HoI3_10.jpg

More battles...

HoI3_11.jpg

HoI3_12.jpg

With the threat of being cut off, Oman abandon their naturally impregnable mountain defences of Cochrane. I quickly move in of course.

HoI3_14.jpg

HoI3_15.jpg

HoI3_16.jpg

HoI3_17.jpg

The loss of their VPs so far has reduced Omans surrender bar down to a third. In other news I have launched two new Heavy Cruisers (TypeX) which I have named Zashtitnik (Defender) and Slava (Glory).

HoI3_18.jpg

February - March 1952

Victory is edging ever closer. In some areas, easier than others.

2btu6c.jpg

2zfk2e1.jpg

1688s36.jpg

35je7tx.jpg

14n1t8k.jpg

In an unexpected move by Oman, they left the VP of General Juan Madariaga exposed. The oldest of the old, the 1st Corps invades. There was a division defending it however out of all 4 brigades only 200 men were fit and they were destroyed on the spot.

2qlhpa8.jpg

Continued advances in the south.

zu2yq1.jpg

The fleeing navy from Gen. J. Madariaga is hunted down as it tries to escape. I can not locate any other naval units after this, I think it is right to assume that I have destroyed it entirely. I also sink the 2nd CL once again.

2r5w7yr.jpg

2qm3xc9.jpg

29qo41u.jpg

After an almost tally of an apalling battle in Pena Borrasa (nicknamed the Bloody Desert) a total of 132,354 people have died. The majority were Asturians who unexplicably followed their generals commands that sent them to certain death. Only the intervention of my forces spared any more from being killed. The province falls into Asturias hands.

2dj6u82.jpg

Moving on from the devastation.

2qxqqzr.jpg

24grbky.jpg

14xi6c5.jpg

Omans second capital is captured from refugee forces. After this Omans surrender progress drops to a little over 93% towards surrender. The capture of two VPs should end this war!

ix4mk7.jpg

Their third capital is not far away.

160wr5d.jpg

Oman continues to shrink. During this time the 4 CL arrived:

• Tursach (Seeker)
  • Elen (Deer)
  • Veren (Faithful)
  • Buryata (Tempest)

k1dmd2.jpg

Last edited:

April 1952 - 01:00 2nd May 1952

The greatest war known to this crazy world is entering its final phase. Soon one nation will rule over the Americas. It has been a war for perhaps one reason, to quote Highlander, "There can only be one." With the fall of the north the war in the south sped up dramatically although the number who have died thus far in the south greatly out number the glorious dead of the north. It has taken 16 years, around twelve of which was spent at war but at last, we will have one nation, The United Americas.

The climax of Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture would be appropriate for this post...

The final VPs are in my grasp as I close in on La Rioja.

2ed5yx1.jpg

Not yet ready to quit, the rest of the army pushes towards its closest VP aiming to be the one that claims victory for Bulgaria.

35ho7eu.jpg

Thankfully Asturias only played a minor role in this battle, there was certainly no wish to see a repeat of Bloody Desert.

qoei9t.jpg

2mciw3k.jpg

After landing in General Juan Madariaga, the 3rd Corps made up of infantry divisions presses westward towards the VP province of Carhue.

4gq9ax.jpg

Nothing could prevent my forces from capturing La Rioja! Oman is 2% away from surrendering!

67v0ht.jpg

Here, the final VP, is assaulted by the 3rd Corps. The defending Omani troops retreat from the battle prefering to save their lives for the one day that they might liberate their nation. However it is not over yet as other divisions in the area try to prevent its capture.

a9lp8y.jpg

Meanwhile a stepping stone to Manchukuo's final VP captured. The Asturian units who liberated this area for Manchukuo retreat north to their own territory after a passage opens up.

28mfszp.jpg

Another useless defence is swatted away.

xmquep.jpg

And then it happened.

260crut.jpg

wk2vr8.jpg

With their masters (Macedonia as well as Oman) gone all that was left was weak refugee divisions of a dozen nations who's destiny in this world now finally reach the moment when it is time to let go of their dream of liberating their countries.

5kpvf9.jpg

As each nations divisions were annihilitated, nations across the world began declaring total victory at last. Strangely this lead to nations declaring war on dead nations.

2z40ebr.jpg

All that was left to do was to end Manchukuos existance. The very first mountain division, who's general started out with a skill level of 2 less than 3 years earlier, fights to capture the final step. There was no official end to this battle. The unit simply retreated, sparing lives perhaps.

8xvpt3.jpg

Catalonia's final division laid down its arms.

2qd3hgh.jpg

The Flemish(?) are beaten.

300utdj.jpg

Three more nations accept their final defeat.

25krjti.jpg

And finally one last nation falls.

280t64z.jpg

But wait, what about Uruguay? The epilogue for this AAR will follow much later than the rapidity of these posts. It's 2:20am here, I think I'm allowed to take my time now :p.

Epilogue

Across many cities of Bulgaria huge military parades were held in celebration of their victory against what was thought to have been an impossible war to win. Crowds cheered and sung the national anthem as the men marched past. Photographs littered the newspapers of the event.

The main parade through the capital was printed in a special colour edition by many newspapers.

212u6vd.jpg

The Kosovan Anti-Facist Corps wore a distinctive uniform and for the next thirty years Kosovan refugees continued to fill the ranks of the 5 divisions. In the early 1980's, Hamburg and its allies finally broke Savoys lines and toppled its long standing facist government. Azerbaijan and Kosovo were at last liberated and many returned to their homeland. Despite this Kosovans continued to be allowed to serve in the special corps however their number had been reduced to only two divisions.

2z74aoi.jpg

The 1st Corps, instead of marching with their modern gear marched through the streets at the head of the column wearing the equipment and uniform of 1936. This was to show how far Bulgaria had come. Although many of the old breed had either died, been demobbed or had been honourably discharged after recieving wounds in battle, there were still some who had been with the unit since its formation.

2582kwn.jpg

The Mountaineer Army carried only their rifles as they marched for their standard mountaineering packs had mysteriously been gathered in one place and had been destroyed in the warehouse fire. Many were glad not to have to carry such a heavy packs for some time.

28hmyhk.jpg

The navy toured the ports across the nation, their crews paraded the streets and spectators were allowed on board the carriers. Here the Admiral Strozier's CAG flies in formation past Avangards bow. It was the most successful of all the carriers although carriers were responsible for the majority of the sinkings.

n2bguc.jpg

My forces had come a long way since starting from nothing. Another 80 brigades were deployed in August to help secure the vast nation. Two more carriers would have arrived in late 1952 and would have been named the Lovets (Hunter) and Mechka (Bear).

xby6bp.jpg

Then and Now.

sdd251.jpg

66j0ns.jpg

But wait, what about the Uruguaians? An seemingly endless cat and mouse game that caused much frustration finally ended when what remained of the 17th Infantry Division lead by Job Rigdon, the last leader of Uruguay, was cornered in Rosario and destroyed.

But then he reappeared in occupied Uruguay twice and cornered twice, this is thought to be the final moments.

[video=youtube;KaqC5FnvAEc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaqC5FnvAEc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

For those of you not familiar the song it is called "I am so happy to finally be back home" by Vokaliz. Commonly known on the internet as the Trolololol song because it sounds like he's singing trolololol at times. So in short Uruguay continued to troll me to the bitter end by refusing to surrender, ever.

Booker Victor eventually retired from politics but returned a decade later to remove Esteban Marcellus again. He died aged 101 in 1993.

Dominic McLain and his industrial empire eventually merged with Victors but was forced to retire early due to lung cancer. Despite beating cancer several times he eventually died in 1967.

Harold Jenney, the foreign minister, had spent much of his time in office appologising for being unable to get any trade deals to secure energy. However after the conquest of the north there was no need. Many trade delegations merely had to hand over a piece of paper of what they wanted and he signed it. At that time Bulgaria had far more resources availible than it could ever use in 40 years.

Earl Delaughter, Armaments Minister, retired in 1956 and died suddenly of a heart attack a year later.

Wilfred Haydon, minister of security, continued in his position as the head of a vast spy network. It was said that the any man could be located to within ten meters of where he was no matter where he was.

Bennett Brasfield, Head of Intelligence, still couldn't find anything on a map.

The long serving Field Marshall John Gent retired at the end of the war and spent his days fishing and living a quiet life. He died in 1978 aged 84.

Cyril Draughn remained as head of the army through out the conflict despite misgivings about conquering other nations. He retired along with John Gent and bought a small boat and sailed across the world. His fate is unknown.

Admiral Wilbert Strozier went down in history as the man who brought the aircraft carrier to the world despite much opposition. He continuly pointed out his carriers successes whenever he was around Barry Gwin. He returned to the pond at Hanford and continued to land model airplanes onto model carriers. Already an old man in 1936 by the end he 73, he died peacefully in his sleep aged 77. His state funeral was entirely paid for by the officers and crew of his navy and many attended as an honour guard. Obssessed with carriers till the end, his tomb was shaped like the carrier Sofija.

Barry Gwin was never officially a part of any military branch and his title of Air Marshal was nothing more than a nickname. Much to everyones suprise, after his father died, he lead the family buisness to even greater heights however continued to live the bachelor lifestyle. He died aged 63 in a plane crash testing a new model when its engine failed. He was officially given the rank of Air Marshal on the day of his funeral. Although the number of Gwins bastards can never fully be known, it was believed he had at least thirty children. It is not known how many he knew about but he left everything to a young woman in his will stating that she was his daughter. The woman, who had the same passion for aircraft, with the new money at hand, flew solo around the world in record time and then beat her time every year for a decade.

Sergeant Graves eventually became Captain Graves but died of Malaria in the jungles of Oman in 1950. It was the eighth time he had come down with the disease. Many who had known him mourned his passing and it was frequently commented that he had been the most respectable officer anyone had known.

Private John Davids ended his career as a Sergeant Major however had lost his foot while moving through a Costa Rican minefield. From then on he was working at the 1st Army HQ, a job he did not enjoy but was glad to be out of the fighting. He went on to become a journalist then editor of a national newspaper and wrote several books with one about his time in the army which out sold his other books combined. He remained close friends with Paladino despite becoming estranged during the 1960's. He died in 1986 aged 68.

Private Christopher "Palli" Paladino retired after the war as a Captain in the 9th Marines. He married a young Kosovan woman in 1953, he had met her while on leave in the capital in 1948. They lived quietly together raising three children, the eldest of which joined the army much to Paladinos dissapproval despite his past he remained steadfast that he did not wish to see another war in his nation while he still lived. The memorys of the stinking jungle in Oman and the number of men he lost plagued his dreams for the rest of his life. He became a farmer only looking for the simple life away from the complications of the outside world. Their eldest eventually became a member of the 1st Corps as a Brigadier General, it was then they reconciled their differences and Paladino admited he was proud of his sons achievments. He died in 1997 surrounded by his family aged 79. He was survived by three children, eleven grandchildren and one great grandson.

And last but not least, Monsieur Noirtier. Much was owed to his efficiency and ability to predict the needs of the men he worked for. Much was owed in explanation of is dissappearance. After leaving a new years party in 1953, he simply dissappeared. Those who had attended the party agreed that Noirtier had seemed much more talkative and spent far longer than his usual nod of the head when saying goodbye. When trying to investigate the dissappearance, Haydon discovered that no one really knew where he came from or anything about his past. Hewas a complete enigma to everyone. Many conspiracy theorys cropped up over the years, the most far flung was that Monsieur Noirtier was a man who travels through time and space and visits other dimensions merely out of curiosity and stays only when he believes he can make a difference.

And so this AAR comes to an end. I would like to say thank you to all those who have read it this far and a particularly special thanks to King50000, Viperhawkz and MegaHerz for their regular comments. It gets very off putting when posting three or more parts and there is silence, so thank you for reminding me of your presence.

Unpredictable 2 will not start for at least 2 weeks while I get settled at university and I find out what sort of timetable I have. So until then, *walks dramatically off into the distance*

This was a real hoot; can't wait to see you take it to the next level in FTM!

Thumbs up for epic.

Great AAR Bro, Tell it again! :D

Which AI country did the best?

This was such a fun ride. Have fun starting University, and know that we will be waiting for the next one

And, I would have to say that either Finland, ComChina, or the nation in green next to ComChina did the best

It's really a tie between several countries. Communist China was really struggling until a country completely uninvolved (England I think) got involved and then it was able to conquer Euskadi and Austria. Sweden conquered a similar amount however it was already a whale. Finland in terms of size certainly expanded a lot. and the green country next to ComChin is Lebanon which really benefitted from Austrias war with ComChin. Malta and Czechslovakia certainly gained a notable number of provinces with their alliance also.

Oman would have been also a major winner had not my final victory destroyed it.