• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

tamius23

Indefatigable Psychotic
40 Badges
Feb 12, 2011
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
Hello, and welcome to my newest AAR:

Shaybanid Continued: 1836 - 1936

This is a direct continuation of this AAR over in the EU3 forums. I converted it to a V2 save through this extremely useful utility.

Without further ado, let us begin this AAR.

If you have read the AAR over in the EU3 forum, you will know that I
formed Mughals in 1670ish.

I was the largest country in the world in 1821. It can't even fit on the V2 screen. Logically, then, I am the foremost fourthmost world power.

There. For the other great powers, it is fairly obvious what they were in EU3, save Hesse-Darmstadt (The Palatinate).

I managed to westernise in EU3, so at least I am a civilised nation.

Atlas of the Shaybanid Empire

shay312.jpg

Eastern frontiers. I own all the way up to Kamchatka, but not the Kuriles or Sakhalin.

Southern parts. Some small Indian countries need to be cleared up.

The western part of the empire.

and the African colonies. For Ionian Islands, read "Swahili".

I also own Okinawa off Japan and Guam and the Mariana Islands in the Pacific Ocean.

Shaybanidi Census 1835

The majority of the populace follow Sunni Islam (due to my converting them). The country, being so huge, is very diverse - the population varies from Swahilis to Eskimos.

All religions are followed, including Shintoism (by some Marathi people in Central India) Animism (by the Japanese in Okinawa and the Africans in the former Mutapa) and Catholicism (also by some Central Indians).

This introductory update will end here. Have a look over the EU3 part of this to see what the world was like in 1821 and how it got there.

If you wish, I can post a full list of which EU3 country maps to which in V2, for the avoidance of confusion.

Yours,

Tamius

Last edited:
Table of Contents

Chapter 1, Dec 1835: page 1
Chapter 2, Dec 1835 - Feb 1839, page 2
Chapter 3, Feb 1839 - Jan 1843, page 2
Chapter 4, Jan 1843 - Mar 1845, page 2
Chapter 5, Mar 1845 - Mar 1850, page 3
Chapter 6, Mar 1850 - June 1853, page 3
Chapter 7, June 1853 - Mar 1854, page 3
Chapter 8, Mar 1854 - June 1856, page 3
Chapter 9, June 1856 - May 1858, page 4
Chapter 10, May 1858 - Nov 1859, page 4
Chapter 11, Nov 1859 - Mar 1860, page 4
Chapter 12, Mar 1860 - Aug 1860, page 4
Chapter 13, Aug 1860 - Jan 1861, page 5
Chapter 14, Jan 1861 - Jan 1862, page 5
Chapter 15, Jan 1862 - Mar 1864, page 5
Chapter 16, Mar 1864 - Jan 1870, page 6
Chapter 17, Jan 1870 - May 1873, page 6
Chapter 18, May 1873 - May 1877, page 6
Chapter 19, May 1877 - Jul 1881, page 6
Chapter 20, Jul 1881 - Aug 1887, page 7
Chapter 21, Aug 1887 - Oct 1899, page 7
Chapter 22, Oct 1899 - Feb 1909, page 7
Chapter 23, Feb 1909 - Nov 1917, page 8
Chapter 24, Nov 1917 - Aug 1928, page 8

Yolg'onlik, 31 August 1928, page 9
Yolg'onlik, 2 September 1929, page 9
Yolg'onlik, 6 October 1929, page 10
Yolg'onlik, 9 October 1929, page 10

Last edited:
Awesome. Subscribed.

I've yet to see an AAR run from the converter; you should share this link with them so they can continue to improve it!

Uzbek and North German as Mughal cultures?

In any case from this starting position I expect this will be a bit of a cake walk, the sheer industralisation potential right from the start will ensure you never lose top spot.

Greetings from the converter project.

Two things: first there is a known bug that may prevent re-loading a save game. This has been fixed in an upcoming version,
Secondly: there is a V2 mod that adds (for now) all EU3 countries and cultures, with new mappings for the converter. http://www.mediafire.com/?89zaze2sxgx1vlc

If you encounter any problems (and if you havn't already been playing) I suggest you wait for a new version release (which also includes factories!), and reconvert your game.

Toodles.

Greetings from the converter project.

Two things: first there is a known bug that may prevent re-loading a save game. This has been fixed in an upcoming version,
Secondly: there is a V2 mod that adds (for now) all EU3 countries and cultures, with new mappings for the converter. http://www.mediafire.com/?89zaze2sxgx1vlc

If you encounter any problems (and if you havn't already been playing) I suggest you wait for a new version release (which also includes factories!), and reconvert your game.

Toodles.

I haven't actually pressed play yet. I'm still on Dec 1, 1835.

I can wait for a new version, though, to fix the cultures, and reconvert. I don't mind.

Update: In the thread over in the modding forums, one of the people who made this utility said he will release a new version that fixes the accepted cultures bug tomorrow. I'll wait until then, reconvert, retcon one picture, and begin.

Last edited:
I can't wait to see how this goes. I've played as the Mughals before and I'm just waiting for the converter to get literacy and industry before converting.

what is your plan for the game given you'r already decent size?

Subscribed.

Shaybanid
Feedback!

I've updated one of the pics in the first post. There are still some insignificant continuity errors, which I can't be bothered to rectify. :eek:o

mayorqw: I have now abandoned my efforts to modify the save as I've just downloaded the newest version, which fixes the bugs.

Avindian: I've followed your advice and notified them of this AAR's existence. Sure enough, they come over here… :)

Quacky: It's fixed now. It's Uzbek and Tatar.

I've been reevaluated and I'm now in fourth place rather than first. I plan to enact some government reforms so I don't have to build all the factories myself, or just elect the liberals.

DasGuntLord01: Now that I've started, I'm not going to install the mod. But if I were to carry on another grand campaign through all the Paradox games I own, I would definitely think about it.

I've got the new release and reconverted, just now.

BootOnFace: I believe that there are now some starting factories. However, literacy is still a blanket 10% - it's a level playing field. Between France and Yemen.

gremlok: I don't tend to have my games planned out beforehand. I'll do what I do every game, and try and get the majority of Africa. North America has large proportions uncolonised, so I might grab bits of Alaska and Canada.

CivandEUII, Malurous: Good to know… :)

If anyone wants the list of country maps for this game, speak now!

Very cool. Consider me subscribed :)

Your fall from first to fourth is almost certainly due to some pop allocation change we made; we're less generous with the base number of soldier pops now, but give bonuses for military NIs (Grand Army, for instance)...I'm guessing your NIs didn't lean that way, and Austria's and Bohemia's did (they always do). If you didn't get (m)any factories you can expect it your ranking to fall further in the first few days as the industrialized nations get craftsmen hired and production rolling. Sorry about that ;)

Looks like it'll be an exciting game!

Be wary: the ultra-low literacy makes conversion of several pop types (clergy and bureaucrats most of all) extremely slow. You're rather brave for daring the unfinished converter, but I am excited to see how this AAR goes!

Total primary/accepted culture:

Uzbek 8.2%
Tatar 2.2%

That's going to make things interesting. Did you get any/many cores of potential breakaway nations throughout your lands?

Be wary: the ultra-low literacy makes conversion of several pop types (clergy and bureaucrats most of all) extremely slow. You're rather brave for daring the unfinished converter, but I am excited to see how this AAR goes!

That's going to make things interesting. Did you get any/many cores of potential breakaway nations throughout your lands?

I can tell you he doesn't, because the converter removes landless nations to free up tags. It probably shouldn't do that.

If you were to get HOI3 then we would see Mughalistan all the way to the great Indian nation of the Comintern (please?)

I can tell you he doesn't, because the converter removes landless nations to free up tags. It probably shouldn't do that.

I thought I had thrown some culture rules into that bit of functionality. Hrm.

Feedback

dtremenak: I started with no factories. However, my capitalists are building factories very quickly, and I've moved back up to fourth, and I'm gaining on those above me (Austria and Bohemia and France, all of which are at war. With each other). I tend to leave my production screen alone, at least at the beginning of the game, and I'm not experienced with large nations.

Idhrendur and DasGuntLord01: I can release India (which ironically doesn't get Delhi, as I settlement-policied the Kanaujis to Uzbeks), but no other state. Also, the dominant religion in India is Islam, as I converted them, too.

Also, now I've started, I won't reconvert the save game again. Any bugs will have to be ignored.

CivandEUII: HOI3 for Mac is £20 from Gamersgate... hmm...

Update is finished!