• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Intelligence officer: Sir don't disband your troops the popular support of the Democratic parties is deceptive.

Haile Selassie: What do you mean?

IO: Italy is a dictatorship. Mussolini doesn't care how popular other parties are. He'll attack anyway.

Good work so far. I had vague Ideas of doing an Ethiopian AAR. Still why don't you give yourself cores on Eritrea so you can take it and grab it in a peace deal to get that all important port.
Because I have a truce with Italy and I, therefore, wouldn't be able to declare war on them unless we're both in factions. And then I wouldn't be able to ask for peace.

You're not seriously disbanding your few troops, do you? Besides, I'm getting confused with your mixup if regiments and ingame divisions... I suspect that you're talking about divisions, don't you?

I'll vote against upgrading the Militias. First of all you're already researching for them, secondly they'll demand a lot more officers and thirdly you'll most likely not see much enemy anyway. I'd suggest to build another 2 brigade infantry divisions, though, so you can conduct a two pronged attack :)
No I haven't disbanded my troops :) Don't trust the picture captions. Hmm, it seems you've pursaded me to not upgrade my troops. But I don't want to research mountain troops, and mountain/desert training.

Chapter Eight - Winter Peace
Technological advances came almost a day after the Italian report was posted. The "Peoples Army" Strategy was improved.
HoI3_1-15.jpg

Less then a month later, Selassie's government was greatly improved providing more research and influence. The leadership improved from 3.36 to 3.5, a small, but much needed advancement.
HoI3_2-16.jpg

The spy that provided the ludicrous report on Italy was eliminated and there will be no hurry to replace him. Officer recruitment is where the majority of the 0.5 is going, the 3.0 is entirely for research.

The day before 1937, an illegal printing factory was found on the edge of the Somalian Border. It spread rumours about our nation and supported our enemies!
HoI3_4-16.jpg

The next year, our leader, Selassie, nationalised the private sector. This meant the industries worked harder. But, what Selassie was unaware of, was that, the people were angry.
HoI3_7-15.jpg

In March, a brand new Infantry regiment was produced. It was sent up north to form a new corps which will, when Ethiopia joins the Allies, attack from Sudan into Italy.
HoI3_8-11.jpg

Because of the new troops, the military system was reworked introducing 2 new army HQs for south and north, as shown. This map shows the plan for the war, featuring an attack plan for the north.
HoI3_10-10.jpg

You may want to revise your plan. If you attack form allied territory which is also at war with the country you attack, you may end up gaining territory for the British. Did you check whether you'd gain more in terms of resources etc by attacking the southern part or the northern?

You may want to revise your plan. If you attack form allied territory which is also at war with the country you attack, you may end up gaining territory for the British. Did you check whether you'd gain more in terms of resources etc by attacking the southern part or the northern?
Oh damn, really? Well maybe I'll just strategic attack them (in which the attackers don't follow the enemy's retreat and don't gain land). And, in terms of resources, I won't gain any. I want to gain a port from this war, and the north supplies that with an airport as well. But I plan on taking both regions.

He replaced the "Small Arms" and "Light Artillery" with "Education" which will help the government research more, and "Peoples Army" which helps Militia Generals plan strategies... kinda.

I'm not so sure Education is a good return on investment for countries that have micro amounts of leadership. Just to keep things easy imagine you have 3.0 leadership and researching the first level of Education gives you +10%. After completing the research you now have 3.3 leadership, but you only had 2.0 to spend on other things, so it's a wash so far. You need to complete Education 4 before you turn a profit and the Education tech pays for itself. So the country that didn't do this can have an additional 4 techs ahead of you... which may or may not matter depending on your war plans.

You are right about the easy peace, it is the same for the Finns in the Winter War, the USSR is nearly always happy to offer a white peace.

EDIT: I see on your picture that a level of Education is only giving you a 5% base increase, meaning that you now have to complete Education level 8 to break even if you only get an additional 5% per level. This seems to clearly be a waste of research in such a case. From your own numbers you just spent 1 leadership just to recoup .14 so far.

Important Announcement! - The End is Nigh
By that, I mean, as of now, this AAR is officially dead. I haven't been updating or even answering comments because school started at the end of chapter eight and its a very important year for me so I couldn't without harming my exams :( So I kept the file for another day.

Later, I had to reinstall HOI3 because the game crashed and I couldn't load it back up, but there was disaster when I realised I forgot to back up the AAR save. Therefore, the AAR is now dead. :(

But I guess I proved my point that its easy to survive as Ethiopia despite their starting conditions (survive, not thrive or win). So its goodbye, and I'll see you in my next AAR!

Not good enough for you? Fine........

Chapter Nine - End Game
The preparations were complete, Hale Selassie eyed the glowing, almost alien, material.
"Do it", he said, calmly.
With that, there was silence as the plutonium was lowered into the hollow shell. All across the airfield, more of this material was lowered into more bomb shells.

The planes took of, the silent desert wind blowing sweetly throughout the city. Then, all at once, a smooth rumble echoed throughout the nation.
5.jpg

Selassie Nuked 'em good (Ignore the date, I'm reusing this picture for every AAR from here in

It was over, Facism was over. The war to end all wars, the Italia-Abyssinia war, ended Facism and put a premature stop to the Great War.

Fin

What else did you expect?