• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hopefuly this retreat will shorten the front enough to allow you to free up troops to assist in the north.
I don't think so, the retreating line is near-or-enough the same length as the Southern Vistula line. And the line is only used if the troops get up there in the first place. But I guess the low infrastructure provinces in the east would need less troops (if thats how infrastructure works).

Retreat enables the Wehrmacht to concentrate even more and the Luftwaffe will still be a pain. Even if you stack your new front with 5-6 units each, it'll hardly be enough. Your only hope are, god forbid, the French.
There is no hope then. The new line isn't supposed to be an offensive, just to stop the Germans from easily flanking us.

Well the majority of the Wehrmacht that took out Hungary may have to inturn turn around and help take out Yugoslavia, and we cant forget about the British advance along the north of the Maginot line, if they are still advancing
I don't think Yugoslavia will be very tough for the Germans. And the Brits aren't doing much at the moment.

Update in 5.

Chapter Fifteen - The Retreat
The retreat was enacted and all the battles along the southern Vistula were put on hold, Polish forces retreated from all the battles, no matter what the case. The most important was the German assault for Wisla.
HoI3_1-10.jpg

It was not just the south the Germans were attacking, up north, the 1st Hamburg Suicide Division was making endless tries to take Guttstadt. Despite being hopelessly outnumbered by our Polish superior forces, they attack, and lost.
HoI3_3-11.jpg

Thats not all though, our armies make gains around the Warsaw region. The Germans, distracted by attacking a different province, were unorganized so it was a quick battle.
HoI3_4-10.jpg

By Christmas Eve, Operation Pripyet* River Retreat was in full swing. However, there was a massive diversion as the Germans were Blitzing their way through the area meaning the troops had many battles and were heavily disorganized.
HoI3_5-9.jpg

Up north, our troop's attempt to gain more land adjacent to the Baltic ended in failure. It is unexplained how 1 Motor and 1 Infantry division can stop an entire Polish Army.
HoI3_6-7.jpg

Two more infantry divisions arrive out of the training academy and arrive at the north of Poland to support them. In a month, a entire batch of Militia will come out.

The German 1st Hamburg Suicide Division traveled south to attack Ostrow.
HoI3_7-11.jpg

Then they travel more south to attack Lublin. The German's tactics are rather strange.
HoI3_12-4.jpg

However, what wasn't attack by the German's Suicide Squadron was Sensburg. The province was lost due to our enemy's immensely superior firepower and air support. The Germans edge closer to Konnigsberg.
HoI3_13-6.jpg

The Maginot Line is still pretty boring and not much has happened in Poland either. But, notice peace in Finland, I hope it can happen in Poland as well (and not being annexation).
HoI3_14-5.jpg

___
*Thanks Deus Eversor :D

Last edited:
Looks like the Maginot Line may be flanked with the loss of the most southern province, and the movement of some German divisions through the undefended gap. Stupid French AI building up all its troops along the Belgium border, instead of moving to close off the gap.

Really enjoying this AAR. And Japan joined Commintern???!!!

Hmm, wonder if a player could play a Communist Japan in FTM, could be fun thing to try when I have more experience with the game.

Looks like the Maginot Line may be flanked with the loss of the most southern province, and the movement of some German divisions through the undefended gap. Stupid French AI building up all its troops along the Belgium border, instead of moving to close off the gap.
Yea, but the Germans won't last a day there. That kind of thing happens every week.

Really enjoying this AAR. And Japan joined Commintern???!!!

Hmm, wonder if a player could play a Communist Japan in FTM, could be fun thing to try when I have more experience with the game.
I think my game is broken as Japan has joined the Commies in every single one of my campaigns. Oh well.

Morale: Never trust french AI. :)
I wonder if you can actually pull this off, or it's just a deadman's walk.
Anyhow, great AAR.
Deadman's walk all the way! And thanks.

"Volga(?)" thats Pripyet

your last chance is that romania joins you ;/
I knew I got the river wrong, thanks. And I think Romania is impossible to ally me. And I don't think they would help much. I think my only hope is that event that forces the SU to declare war on Germany in 1940, or am I making that up?

I just realized that Luxembourg hasnt been swallowed by Germany like in every other game of HOI3. Those super stacks it can create must be really doing their job :D
Well, France was right about an alliance with Luxembourg. And when they join the war, expect a Luxembourgian Berlin.

There's no update coming for today. I'm going on a road trip so I can't.
Until tomorrow, Ciao.

French and British are doing crap all, however it seems that you've been lucky with Russia, unless I missed a chapter where you made some sort of agreement with them.

Loving the AAR and on the subject of a "Luxembourgian Berlin" my friend played as luxemburg once and managed to get about 1 quarter of Russia, using Noneutrality of course, and I think a couple of bugs in 1.0 but still it was pretty good

French and British are doing crap all, however it seems that you've been lucky with Russia, unless I missed a chapter where you made some sort of agreement with them.

Loving the AAR and on the subject of a "Luxembourgian Berlin" my friend played as luxemburg once and managed to get about 1 quarter of Russia, using Noneutrality of course, and I think a couple of bugs in 1.0 but still it was pretty good
I gave Russia Transit Rights, seems to be working, they have never bothered to load up their border with troops. Welcome to the forums!

Update in now.

Chapter Sixteen - Anti-Climax
To strengthen the Allies (again), Sucharski decided to share the secrets of the Polish army with the entirety of the alliance, not just France and the UK. Yugoslavia, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Austrailia, Bhutan, Iraq, Nepal, New Zealand, Oman, South Africa and Yeman all received grand technology of some kind.

Back in Poland (again), the retreat was in full swing (again) as thousands of Germans poured into our territory. The city of Krakow was on the Vistula and was made into the makeshift capital of the broken Poland. The German's motorized regiments rushed into the city to declare in part of their empire.
HoI3_1-11.jpg

This was enough, despite the country being highly unified and the army actually making progress in the north, a great mob of angry Polish peasants knocked down the doors of the Lukow Intelligence Office and forced the president, Mościcki, at knife point, to....

....concede to Germany.
HoI3_2-12.jpg

It was a black day across Europe, the greatest and most powerful nation in eastern Europe was destroyed. Across the nation, all troops stood down to the German might.
HoI3_3-12.jpg

The Air Force, after quickly having picked up Sucharski from the Lukow airport, set flight to Portsmith, taking one last glimpse at the city they called home. A tear drop from one of the soldiers, fell, fell down to the Supreme Court which was once standing for democracy.
HoI3_4-11.jpg

Somewhere in Russian Poland, a lone, small division of little more then 6'000 Poles heard about the surrender. They picked up their rifles and as much food as they could carry. They all agreed.
HoI3_5-10.jpg

In the Konnigsberg Region, the fighting continued, the Baltic states would not forget about Poland. Ulmanis, the leader of Latvia, was voted the leader of the Baltic Alliance (which included Yugoslavia).
HoI3_6-8.jpg

Meanwhile, flying over central Germany, the Polish Airforce tried one last Ground Attack. It was marginally successful, but, out of fear, the planes fled before any more casualties were made this day.
HoI3_8-7.jpg

You may think it's all over, you may think Poland is knocked out. You'll be wrong. That wasn't the war, the war has just started. VIVA LA RESISTANCE.
HoI3_9-8.jpg

___
If you guys don't mind, I'm going to #cough# cheat #cough# for the sake of comedy and victory for Poland. Eh?

Just read your last update,

are you continiuing (strange word) your AAR as an partisan Poland?

Cheat? Don't do it, I want tragic AAR.

I agree with him. It would be good if you could stop the German advance by a major uprinsing during the war. But the kind of cheat I wouldn't mind for you to use would be to recreate Poland after its second surrender, since this rule seems a bug to me (and destroyed the first partisan AAR I saw).

It has been a great struggle. It is sad that you didn't hold until January 1st 1940, though... Still, three months more than historically is a great achievement.

This is just Semper Fi right? So there isnt a partisan system that you can use, like with FTM, so why not cheat? Would allow you to semi continue, maybe give the Froggies a little push to get them rolling into Germany proper, not just that little section of the Siegfried line they have.

Great AAR, really enjoyed it.

One slight nitpick. It's Portsmouth (literally mouth of the port), rather than Portsmith (which would be, er... Blacksmith of the Port. ^^). Then again, for all I know it is Portsmith in Polish, so....

Wouldn't it be more useful to move the remaining Polish forces on _now_ Russian soil towards the Baltic countries? At least the Poles could fight on there.