• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MartinBG

Darkest Hour Developer
2 Badges
Nov 16, 2007
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
We're happy to announce that after weeks of hard work we finally have the manual of Darkest Hour ready!

Credits for this manual should go entirely to 2 people:
novapaddy - design, editor, adaptation of HoI Manual text to DH and many other tasks I even don't know about
^_AC_^ - editor and author of most of the new text

Please post here any notes you have, errors found or suggestions for improvements.

Yours,
Darkest Hour Team

Darkest_Hour_MANUAL_V1.0.pdf

Code:
forumcontent.paradoxplaza.com/public/35644/Darkest_Hour_MANUAL_V1.0.pdf

Last edited:
Reactions:
Zankyou.

EDIT: Looks great!

Question re. p.104. This states that an Old Guard officer reduces the experience gain of the units under his command. Has this changed in DH? - because I recall an old Arma thread where someone claimed this was a myth - and that only the leader was penalised ....

Question re. p.104. This states that an Old Guard officer reduces the experience gain of the units under his command. Has this changed in DH? - because I recall an old Arma thread where someone claimed this was a myth - and that only the leader was penalised ....

Correct. Only leaders gain experience at 1/3 rate. Units under Old Guard leaders have no experience gain penalty.

I really have to praise the great visual design to this. The font is easy to read and the pictures ensure looking at the text doesn't get too boring. This is what a manual should look like.

Cheers novapaddy!

I'd just like to say THANKS for all of your responses to the manual.

Cally: What you say is nice to hear, as these were the exact reasons why the manual was done this way.

@ novapaddy ,^_AC_^ -

Terrific work. It looks very professional, and I feel that you have opened up DH (Not for me sadly, wish this manual existed when hoi2 first came out lol) to a host of first time players who will really benefit from all your hard work.