• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chapter 28

16th of July 1943

The dry, mountainous landscape had much in common with Italy.
The same plants, the same heat…
Yet, the supply-shortages weren’t as difficult as they had been before. And the resistance was also a lot less well-equipped.

The French soldiers fought only sporadically and, most of the day, they were merely fighting the terrain instead of the French.

The government had declared war about 5 days ago.

Since then, Japanese marines had taken Tunis from the French, making Marseille their only harbor in the Mediterranean.
Marseille was then occupied a few days after, forcing the remnants of the French fleet out of the Mediterranean and into the arms of the British and Japanese ships waiting for them at Gibraltar and the Suez Channel.

In the mean time, Takumi and his men had reached the outskirts of Lyon.
Lyon was the biggest city in France, thus a victory there might lead to a collapse of the Vichy-Regime.
As the line was pushing forth, four French infantry divisions were encountered.
Their equipment was inferior.

They had set up a defensive position on a hill without any trees.
The binoculars showed Takumi that they had only short-ranged mortars at their disposal, whereas his divisions had highly advanced heavy artillery. Thus, the rest of this encounter is easily told. A huge artillery bombardment of the hill was ordered, while the motorized infantry surrounded the hill to catch any deserters before they could flee. Of course, the firing stopped once Japanese units were in the danger-zone.

In this moment, Takumi really missed the presence of McFarne.
The liaison-officer had been deployed to Paris after the end of the war against the Axis. He could only imagine what he would have said about the French being no-good cowards and wondering why they hadn’t already occupied Vichy France yet.
“Give me a band of fine Scotsmen half the size of your division, and the French will surrender before dinner!”
He grinned.
Well, at least the hill was cleared half an hour later. It offered a large view over Lyon and the Rhone River that was flowing through it.
As his radio-man informed him that the other divisions had already pushed the French beyond the river, he decided to take the last French holdings on that side of the Rhone.

Lyon was occupied by Lunch the next day.

Two days later, Japanese tanks were already besieging Vichy, the capital of Southern France.

Naturally, the town didn’t hold very long and Vichy France surrendered the day after its fall, on the 21st of July.

This led to the Japanese holding territories in South America, Northern Africa and elsewhere.
As the Empire didn’t have a real interest in huge colonial holdings that offered only a small amount of resources, small puppet states were established in Tunisia, Madagascar and Morocco.
Just like China, those countries had their own government, but were economically dependent upon the Empire, which could easily sell its products there but didn’t have to bother keeping up public order in the area.
Instead, Japan could concentrate its armies where they were needed.

France had had the same concept, which is why, with the fall of Vichy France, the war wasn’t over yet.

Thus, some territories were also given back to their “ethnic” rulers, such as the numerous French ports in India or the French holdings in Southern China.
This improved the international image of Japan greatly, as it was now a lot less often viewed as a democracy whose lust for conquest was only matched by the Germans. After all, Japan had started some wars against minor nations after the end of the war against fascism.
And those wars are often considered to be led only because of lust for power.

There was still a conflict with Syria, Lebanon and Indo-China.
The two small states in the Mid-East were strategically important to Japan because conquest of those two would grant Japan a connection between the Gulf of Persia and the Eastern Mediterranean.
16 Homengun, the corps that was to defend the western part of the border between Persia and the USSR, was tasked with taking over those two nations.
High Command was well aware that this stripped the border of all defenses, but the Soviets didn’t have any forces there, either. A Soviet assault in the area was therefore considered to be unlikely and the lack of a garrison could therefore be tolerated.

16 Homengun made good progress into Syria, although their speed was limited by the fact that those divisions were all but motorized and the infantry support tanks weren’t constructed for speed.

Under the slow yet heavy pressure, Syria surrendered after a week of fighting to the Empire.

It was decided to make Syria puppet government in order to avoid angering the British by taking over too much territory in the Mid-East.

The slow speed of 16 Homengun was also what pushed back the final assault on Lebanon, which did only start on the 1st of August.

Yet, this didn’t help the Lebanese very much.
They surrendered three days later and were puppeted thereafter.

-----

21st of August 1943

The war against the French had been an unanimous one with no large battles or stalemates.
Haruji was thankful for this, but he had been even more thankful as he heard hios son didn’t have to take part in the fighting.

Even in the combat against a minor enemy, people could still die.

The perfect example for this had been the Japanese war in Indo-China.
Since the declaration of war against Vichy France and its colonies, the Guangxi-Clique had advanced into Indo-China, but had been halted and forced into a stalemate near Hanoi.

As nothing had moved on this front for a month, the Japanese had decided to resolve the stalemate to finally end the war against France.

In public, this was made a huge propaganda-thing, as Japanese marines under protection of the IJN Soryu and its airplanes were moving south to land near the port of Saigon and to occupy it, forcing the Vietnamese defenders to move south and giving the Guangxi the possibility to continue its assault.

The operation had been launched on the 11th of August and, despite being successful, would become a disaster.
Although the marines outnumbered the defenders, they didn’t manage to establish a beach-head in Saigon itself or the area around it.

The numerous journalists that had been invited by the government to join the invasion to show how “smooth and human” war was these days published several pictures at the home-front, and one was more cruel than the other. As a result, the flow of volunteers for the army declined incredibly, forcing the government to censor the reports about the war.

Yet the idea had worked. The Japanese assault in the south had forced the defenders to move troops to the south and Guangxi forces seized control over Hanoi on the 26th of August.

Indo-China surrendered a day later and was annexed by the Guangxi warlord. The Japanese kept only the port of Saigon and the surrounding area.

But even “success” in this terrible waste of lives and materials left a mark on Haruji. Something inside him had changed at seeing those pictures.
War was no longer only about the heroic tales his father had always told him of the Russo-Japanese war in the 1910’s. Suddenly, it had lost all honorable glimmering and he started to dislike his government for starting such a conflict. He would have been fine with it if this war had been forced upon the Empire from another state, but as the Japanese had unleashed the purging wars themselves, he suddenly found no more tolerance for this inside him.

And huge demonstrations for peace in the streets of Tokyo agreed to him.

Silently he prayed that, with this, war would be over for the rest of his life. Even though he didn’t have to take part in it, he didn’t want to live in a nation that started such conflicts.
The war against the Axis had been ok for him, as, in this war, they had been forced to perform a pre-emptive strike on Nationalist China, which would have attacked them sooner or later, as both nations belonged to different factions and China was luring for control over Manchuria.

Hopefully, there would be no more wars as long as he lived.

The world after the purging wars.

-----

Author's Note:

Can you force the Chinese to build better infra in western provinces?

AFAIK, unfortunately not. Although it would surely have huge advantages. Luckily, I have large infantry and cavalry forces in the area that don't require fuel. That's something at least.

You have done phenomenally well; in my opinion, Japan should be the real leader of the Allies, not the British!

Take the Soviet beast!

Sorry that I have to continue disappointing you, but the next update will be a rather peaceful one.
But then Stalin is getting even more and :mad: while Churchill was like :wacko: the Empire of Japan started to :cool:
Ok? :confused: :D

You have done phenomenally well; in my opinion, Japan should be the real leader of the Allies, not the British!

That's an interesting thought, Maybe that can be done via save-game editing. it would be nice because then I'd be able to drag some more countries to my banner.

That's an interesting thought, Maybe that can be done via save-game editing. it would be nice because then I'd be able to drag some more countries to my banner.

Seems fair enough to me! After all, you'd probably be alliance leader if not for the faction system anyways.

Well, Japan is the clear winner in terms of what it has achieved during the war against Fascism. Japan now has a world empire roughly comparable to that of the British and its total military forces and industrial power are probably similar. It is a shame the game doesn't allow for sensible changes of faction leadership, because you've certainly got an arguable case.

Chapter 29

1st of November 1943

The ambassador had invited Takumi to join him as a “military advisor” on his journey to the first meeting of all allied nations in the world.
The meeting was to discuss things like how life could be improved in the world after the war.

About a week ago, the last neutral major power of the world had joined the Allies.

With the US in the Allies, the Pacific had finally become a safe place and Japan was no longer under threat of some major fleet suddenly appearing from the other side of the ocean to attempt an invasion.

This left only the USSR as a potential threat to the Japanese homelands.
And the USSR was also a topic of the conference, though the talks about this “issue” were kept in utter secrecy.

Takumi listened to the ambassadors and politicians talking and son got bored of the whole assembly. Of course, this conference was to decide the fate of the world and whether it would see another Great War in the near future. But Takumi wasn’t a man who always talked, he preferred to act.

In the further preparations against a potential Soviet aggression, especially Japan had always wanted to improve its relations to Romania, which guarded the northern border of the Balkan Protectorate.
As a start of this Japan had ceded a small strip of territory north of Varna to Romania.

During the progress of the conference, Romania would join the Allies, but then leave the faction after about a week, after its right-winged government fell under heavy criticism.

The conference already lasted about two weeks, as Takumi finally understood why he had been summoned as a military advisor.

He had fought in Outer Manchuria as well as the Balkans and Southern France.
And his experiences were to help the Allies plan their strategy in the potential onslaught.

In France, the idea was to establish a huge pocket by closing the gap between the Japanese holdings and British-controlled Paris.
This would trap about 30 Soviet divisions if the gap could be closed fast enough.

In Scandinavia, allied Sweden would try to seize control over the Soviets in Norway as well as Finland.

In the Mid-East, the Allied defense was to be led by Turkey with some support of the Japanese garrison forces in Persia.

Asia was to be a completely Japanese theatre. The Empire was to throw Mongolia out of the conflict and to seize control of Siberia.

All on its own.

As the conference ended after about a month, Takumi wondered how the Empire was supposed to fight and be victorious at four fronts against an enemy who outnumbered it clearly.

But the Empire was preparing for this.

The Balkans were supposed to become a completely defensive front, dominated by garrison units supported by anti-tank and artillery brigades. Those divisions were to dig in and repel any Soviet attacks.

The better part of the Empire’s tanks and motorized divisions were to be deployed in France, where they were likely to encounter the re-armed Wehrmacht, too.

In the Mid-East, 16 Homengun was to seize control over the Caucasian oilfields together with the Turkish.

In Asia, the operational targets were the same as they had been during the border skirmishes a few years ago. Destroy Mongolia and seize control of Outer Manchuria.

As December passed by, the tension between the two factions could almost be grabbed by hand.

-----

3rd of January 1944

Takumi spent as much time with his young family as possible, because he felt the time he could spend with them in the future was very small or even non-existent.

After a leave for almost all of December, he once more found himself at the harbor of Nagasaki, saying his wife and daughter good bye.

His daughter was now almost two years old and with what words she could already ask, where her daddy was going and when he’d be back again.
Hearing this almost broke his heart and brought tears to his eyes.

This time, his leave was different. This time, he wasn’t so sure whether he’d be back again or not.
For the first time, his confidence in defeating an enemy was wavering in the face of its sheer superiority.
But his two best –and only- reasons to fight stood right in front of him.
His beautiful wife and his little daughter.

He took her up in his arms, telling her all would be fine and that he’d be back soon. Then he gave his wife a hug and whispered: “As long as we’re fighting in Europe, they won’t be able to attack Japan itself. This will keep you safe, trust me. Bye my love. I’ll be back, I promise. And then we’ll hopefully be able to have a peaceful live.”
Misaki started crying after this words. Takumi removed the first tears from her cheek with his hand, then he had to leave them to enter the transport ship.

-----

Dear mother, dear father,

Our Western Allies have just celebrated the beginning of a new year.
I have accustomed to them a little, so I want to wish you a Happy New Year.

There were fireworks in the entire town and along the harbor.

Varna is a cold place in the winter, even colder than in grandma’s village up in the mountains. The area is nice, though. It has such a long history. But I don’t want to bore you with what started to interest me in my spare time. As always, I just wished to get to know the area I live in.

During my explorations of the local landscape, I also met a girl a few months ago. I didn’t want to tell you earlier because I didn’t really know what my relation to her would develop to.
Her name is Yulja and, if there is an opportunity to do so, I’d like to bring her with me on my next leave to introduce her to you.

Don’t worry about me. I’ll be fine, whtever happens. After all, I just found myself another reason not to die.

Love,
Souta

-----

On the 9th of January 1944 the Soviet Union annexed the small state of Tannu Tuva.

The Allies would declare war five days after.

Chapter 30

15th of January 1944

The roar of the heavy bombers moving north above their heads brought goose-bumps to them.
Early this morning, the British had suddenly declared war upon the USSR.

And now, a few hours later, the demobilized forces of Japan tried to make the best of the situation by moving forth as good as they could while the government did its best to mobilize all forces.
Due to earlier reconnaissance missions, the Japanese knew that the region ahead of them was defended by a heavy tank division. This defense was to be softened by the bombers.

Takumi knew they were the first to advance into Soviet-occupied France. The British, despite the being the one to declare the war, neither had any plans for an assault nor for the defense of the exposed low-countries, which were by now under attack of the re-armed Wehrmacht.

Luckily, the Soviet tanks were just as unprepared as they were, which was why the combination of motorized infantry and light tanks could easily force them to abandon their first line of defense.

But not all Japanese spearheads were as lucky as that.

In fact, progress was slow an all fronts and, in contrary to all other conflicts before, the Japanese mainland became the target of strategic bombardments.
The following week brought slow advances in Mongolia and Outer Manchuria, but the Japanese interceptors failed to destroy the Soviet bombers before they could reach valuable targets like Tokyo or Osaka.

In utter desperation, High Command gathered what paratroopers it had in Nagasaki, planning an airborne assault on Vladivostock to take the airfield there and, as a consequence, to stop the bombings.
The undertaking was very daring, as Japanese troops were still far from the city because of supply issues.
As it seemed, Soviet troops had successfully employed spies amidst the Japanese, disrupting supply deliveries in the port of Hamhung.
This left the paratroopers at the risk of being cut off and eliminated before the bulk of Japanese infantry could reach them.

The assault took place on the twentieth and, despite the small Russian garrison, it took the paratroopers more than a week to secure the city.

Takumi got to know all this via the news reports given to them every 3-4 days. Somehow, it made him feel better that not only he and his men were bogged down.
The sudden British declaration of war upon the Soviets had hit the Japanese off guard, they were just as unprepared as their enemy, yet, they were reacting faster than the red behemoth they faced.
-----

14th of February 1944

With lots of snow, February had also brought movement with itself.
In the early days of the war, the Soviet heavy tank divisions in France had taken heavy beatings from the Japanese light tanks, which would, after an air and artillery bombardment, outmaneuver and destroy the heavy IS-2 tanks.
Luckily, the Japanese tanks had advanced canons, with which they could breach the weak armor at the back and, with some older tanks, even the sides. It was a long and difficult fight, though, that was only won because of Japanese air superiority.

As the tide allied advance was slowly gaining speed in France, the first divisions of the Red Army arrived in the Balkans, bleeding their noses at the Japanese defensive lines.

On the same day, the paratroopers finished securing the surroundings of Vladivostock and started pushing the frontline north, on the same paths they had already moved on two times before.

Another three day later, the French pocket was closed, trapping about 15 Soviet divisions and 4 HQs within.

Now that this push to the north had been successful, the Japanese concentrated upon advancing along the French Atlantic coast to take all harbors from the Soviets and to eventually push them into the British who had dug in at the eastern bank of River Seine.

With this and the convoy reading the British did in the English Channel, the heavy tanks soon lacked everything.

Almost a month after the beginning of the war, Japanese forces were standing in the outskirts of
Cherbourg, the last Soviet harbor in France as well as their last position with actual combat units.

The heavy Russian tanks could easily establish defensive positions in the area and in the roads, the Japanese light tanks had almost no chance of using their earlier advantage of higher mobility.
Luckily, the Japanese attackers outnumbered the defenders.

“Alright, this is the plan: we need to push north, but not to secure the docks. At least not immediately. Our first goal is taking out the coastal artillery emplacements covering the harbor so that we can get the Royal navy and our ships within firing range. Their huge guns should be able to deal with the remaining tanks. As they lack fuel, the Reds are probably using their tanks as stationary canons, so we’re likely to encounter them at road-crossings, where they can cover several directions. So we’ll try reaching the guns moving along the western outskirts of the town, avoiding the core of the city. Any Questions? … Good! We’re moving out in two ours.” Takumi explained to his men.

As he left the tent, he felt the cold clawing at his flesh even more.
He kept repeating to himself that he fought here so that the Soviets could not attack his home, where his wife and child were waiting for his safe return.

The bombardment of the ships was necessary, as the better part of the Japanese bombers had already been redeployed to fight in the Low Countries to keep the Soviets from taking them over, as this would seriously threaten the outcome of the war in France.

After two and a half hours, the Japanese soldiers were leaving their truck and entering the outskirts of Cherbourg. There were mostly the ruins of new houses, the area was comparably open and the buildings were not pressing against each other. This and the fact that they were still quite far from the coastal artillery probably explained the lack of defenders.
Yet, carefulness is mother of all kinds of porcelain. Takumi had his men search ever house on their way, finding them to be absolutely empty, with most of the inhabitants probably already having fled the area at the German invasion in 1941.

The sun had already reached its zenith as they encountered the first resistance.
An explosion erupted not far from Takumi, and then an engine roared up loudly, chains screeched and an IS-2 tank appeared out of nowhere.
“Get to cover!!!” Takumi yelled.
“Those damned bastards! They had the tank hidden within the house! It looked completely normal on the front! They must have moved it in through the garden!” a soldier screamed.
“Private Hatacki! Bring this damned radio!”
“Halftacks and infantry in front of us!”
“Set up an MG position and provide covering fire! We need to bring up the anti-tank gun!”

Not even a minute and another shot of the tank later, the MG was set up and rattling. Now it was the Soviet’s turn to seek cover.
“Where is that anti tank gun?? We can’t wait for it longer! Squad one! Follow me, we’ll have to finish that tank our way! All others: stay covered, the corps command ordered an artillery strike stretching from a few hundred meters ahead of us to the coastal guns! Try to stay where you are!”

Six men followed Takumi to the east, into one of the devastated gardens. They kept a low profile and moved through a half-collapsed house to get behind the tank. Being back in the garden, two Russians spotted them, but they only carried old guns that were, combined with the surprise effect, no match for the Japanese submachine guns.

“Prepare your sticky bombs,” Takumi whispered as they got closer to the tank. So far, the Russians kept up their suppressing fire, their backs being only guarded by those two men they had just wiped out. Fortunately, the shots simply went down in the mighty orchestra of combat.

“It’s just 20 meters until we’re at the tank. You, you and you hide amidst the brushes and ruins to have us covered if the Russians should find us. All others, take out your sticky bombs.”
A shout had them all freeze.
They were discovered.
So much on “swift movement”.
One of the men fired at the Russian, but the surprise was over. The tank was already moving back, turning its turret and destroying even the last remnants of the house in which he had hidden just minutes before.
“Now!” Takumi simple shouted and stormed forth.
He knew very well that this was more than just foolhardy, but better try destroying the tank now before it could simply waltz over them. The sticky bomb found its place on the tank engine, then Takumi turned and ran.
While he ran, he could hear the distant thunder of artillery. Apparently, their bombardment had just started, thus the other companies would probably soon be marching past them, leaving only a few men behind to help them wrap up the Russians they were just encountering.
The sticky bomb detonated, tearing a huge hole into the armor compartment that had seconds before covered the engine. Among small flames, the engine was now open, but still working. As Takumi and the squad started to provide covering fire, one of them approached the tank again, throwing a sticky bomb into the engine.
That detonation destroyed the engine and set the fuel tank ablaze.
A huge blast erupted from the tank and the surviving members of its crew quickly left the vehicle.
The other Russians were now quick to surrender.

It took them less than an hour to advance through the craterous area that had been created by the artillery. They found the remnants of human bodies and machines such as halftracks everywhere. While Takumi had learned to live with that view somehow, the replacements were not that hardened and some did even have to throw up.
The small garrison of the coastal guns surrendered as soon as they saw the Japanese.
As soon as High Command was informed about this, they had all Japanese soldiers cease their advance and even redeployed half the men to Eastern France.

“We need to prepare for a Soviet counterattack through the Alsace. That front is currently almost completely open, and it was sheer luck that the Russians didn’t send troops in there.
The Russians in Cherbourg are still strong, but for that we have our bombers and the british battleships waiting outside the port. They will transform Cherbourg into a field of ashes and dust, endangering no more Japanese lives.”
“But you cannot do this! We can’t possible destroy an entire city!” Takumi protested.
“That is not within your authority. Over.”

Chapter 31

27th of February 1944

Dear Misaki,

I do not know what they are telling you at home, but, as the events I want to tell you about have happened long ago, I think I can tell you without being harassed by the military censors.

This war that was brought upon us by that foolhardy Briton Churchill has grounded to a stalemate. We eliminated the last few Soviet divisions in France on the 19th, and since then we have made no progress.

A few days later we had reached the German border, and were welcomed by old Tiger tanks defending it side-by-side with Russian IS-2 tanks. The battles are raging back and forth, and no one is able to gain any ground. The older British liaison officers have told me that it was the same during the First Great War 30 years ago.

As I heard in the news, our troops have managed to secure the oil reserves of Baki as well as to throw Mongolia out of the war, which was then annexed for the time being until a pro-Japanese government could be established.

Despite all those successes, I do not want to lie to you by saying that we will win this war. As of now, I’m all but sure about this.
The re-armed Wehrmacht is cutting through the British lines in the Low-Countries just like two years ago and should the British collapse, we will be in danger of being enveloped and crushed.

In contrary to this, our gains in Siberia are large but almost irrelevant.

The morale of our men is hanging by a thread, as we cannot sleep through a night without facing artillery bombardment or listening to the roaring engines of new enemy tanks assembling behind enemy lines for a new assault in the morning.

With every passing day I’ missing you and our daughter.
I know that, should we fail here, you will have to endure the same or worse. So this is what keeps me going.

Love,
Takumi

What he couldn’t tell his wife, of course, was that he considered this letter to be one of farewell.
To end the desperate border battles along the River Rhine and the Siegfried Line, High Command had ordered a daring adventure using the empty province of Lahr as a launching pod.

The operational idea of this undertaking that was planned so shortly that it wasn’t even given a proper name was to bring several motorized divisions through this undefended breach into southern Germany. Those divisions were then to fold up and to envelop and crush the southern border defenses.

At first, the undertaking seemed successful, were it not for the Soviet counter-attack.
Luckily, Takumi’s division was yet to cross the Rhine, as those who had already done so were hammered by heavy tanks on three sides and, after horrible casualties, forced to retreat back over the river.

-----

21st of March 1944

Business as usual.
As High Command had failed to force the crossing of the border between France and Germany, the Japanese aimed at increasing the pressure elsewhere in order to weaken the forces defending the Rhine.

Part of this was the invasion of the Dodecanese, a Soviet submarine-base in the Eastern Mediterranean which had harassed Allied supply lines since the start of the war.

The Japanese marines were to land on the island and to secure it with the help of the IJN Kaga’s airplanes.

After a long time of bombing runs into the port of Sevastopol which had cost the Soviet Black Sea Fleet dearly, he once more found himself helping an amphibious landing force.

This invasion corresponded to the new strategy of High Command, which was simply called “Sakushu” (=Exploitation”), as it intended to hit the enemy in small, weak spots that could be held by the army afterwards and that would, despite being only small, still cause huge damage.

The first part of those operations was the fall of Luxembourg, which brough the Allied armies into a position to strike into the back of the Soviet forces in the Low Countries.

Unfortunately, the army had been unable to exploit this, as Japanese forces had to withdraw to counter a German assault near Selestat.

Souta lowered his Zero towards the water. The Soviet bunkers designed to hide the submarines had no gates, so the Japanese intended to bring them to collapse by launching torpedos right into them.

The Soviets were absolutely surprised by the attack and the garrison surrendered after 2 hours of fighting.

-----

11th of April 1944

It had worked.
At first, Takumi had thought High Command to be mad, but it had worked.
One and a half weeks ago, he had been reassigned to lead a marine division in a naval strike against communist Norway in order to help Sweden which had occupied large parts of Norway but was now facing a Soviet assault at the Finnish border.

Their argument was that he was the most experienced officer regarding amphibious assault in the entirety of the Japanese army.
As the landing near the town of Drammen, to the south of Oslo, had started, he was sure he was going to die somewhere in the cold water.

Fighting was fierce and took the entire week, but, in the end, the Japanese were successful and welcomed by the population as liberators.

The marines then immediately moved towards Oslo.

If all went well, the Allies wanted to reinstall the government that had ruled the country before the German invasion.
This government was then to help the Swedish to push out the Soviets and maybe even to start a counterattack to liberate Finland.

But, as the battle for Oslo was raging on the 15th of April 1944, such ideas remained a dream of the Allied commanders and politicians.

-----

Author's Note:

The final showdown :D What happened to the UK? Why they don't like communists so much?

I guess the British consider this to be the first step in eliminating everyone who's driving on the right side of the road. that's why they're doing nothing. They want me to waste my forces so that they can backstab me :eek: :D