• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? The Khanate has invented both workshops and courthouses, and can consequently have up to 8 buildings per province; and if the poverty-struck steppes have got to 8, you may be sure Croatia has 9 or 10.

I'll take a look at it.

EDIT: I think I've found the rub: I think higher-tier buildings overwrite the lower-tier ones, so my map measures how many tracks one entered ^^

Last edited:
if the persian war/distraction didn't happen I think Gujurats fate would've been much different.

By the time Persia DOWed we'd destroyed 3/4 of the Gujarati army and occupied half the country - would have been more if not for a pause occasioned by several false surrenders. Hell, Ethiopia and Tripoli in combined battles stackwiped about forty regiments within only the first four months of war, which was... more than half of their prewar forces.

On buildings: yes. Ethiopia could max at 12-13 buildings per prov currently.

In any case, I'm quite pleased to have a victory in my first serious MP war. It will help me feel better when I get annexed or something later :D

Last edited:
Yeah but think of the bigger picture, Mongol forces were in the south Pakistan region and my forces were just arriving onto the field and notably punjabi forces would've eventually came to provide support.

In context recall that I managed to give Spanish and English forces a *good* run for their money, significant non trivial casualties all thanks to my shock 6 leader and some good choices of when to fight my battles where the terrain favoured me and attacking only when the numbers favored me as well.

Thus Spain was more or less driven from the continent and UK was forced to peace for a pittance.

Now suppose what would happen if Mongols were still in the fight? What of Punjab? Sure Gujurut would've been completely ineffective except as a static battlefield but the war wouldn't have been conclusively lost.

Don't see it, but there is freakish red head south of you.
[/IMG]

Yes, the Punjabi troll was the first nation to assume a creature shape. Also Tibet looks like an evil alien squirrel getting ready to bite Punjab - although the resemblance was even better last session, when Punjab still had its tail - and Qin looks like a rather wistful ghost.

I mentioned heavy casualties on the Persian front; allow me to demonstrate why the Persians stopped their apparently-victorious advance and retreated south into Punjab:

Tyumen.png

Last edited:
Yeah but think of the bigger picture, Mongol forces were in the south Pakistan region and my forces were just arriving onto the field and notably punjabi forces would've eventually came to provide support.

In context recall that I managed to give Spanish and English forces a *good* run for their money, significant non trivial casualties all thanks to my shock 6 leader and some good choices of when to fight my battles where the terrain favoured me and attacking only when the numbers favored me as well.

Thus Spain was more or less driven from the continent and UK was forced to peace for a pittance.

Essential difference being that you were fighting a war whereas I was occupying my due and spending most of my attention colonizing.

Well we fougth one battle where Qin outnumbered me quite considerably (expecially since the internal communication in the alliance was at least from my perspective bit phatethic)
I retreated to ships and the absence of Qin's fleet allowed me to rather freely manouvre into safe harbour.

As for the peace, Like I said, I was after 1 province and I got it. I was never after anything else, expecially after I realised that the alliance was not figthing for my gains. Qin's "heroic" figthing had nothing to do with it.

As for the peace, Like I said, I was after 1 province and I got it. I was never after anything else, expecially after I realised that the alliance was not figthing for my gains. Qin's "heroic" figthing had nothing to do with it.

Golle you did almost nothing in the war and just wanted in for the spoils when you saw that Gujarat was losing.

I knew about the war to come before the session, and I decided with Oddman to join in it well before the war started.

After I joined in, I did my share, and like I allready mentioned, as the alliance was not going to go with my demands, I did what it was nesserical to pursue those aims seperately. Even after this I (tried) to aid Catalunia to figth against Qin with instructions and my province there basicly saved whole lotta of Catalunian regiments from whiping in the last phases

I knew about the war to come before the session, and I decided with Oddman to join in it well before the war started.

After I joined in, I did my share, and like I allready mentioned, as the alliance was not going to go with my demands, I did what it was nesserical to pursue those aims seperately.

Heh. I didn't know you were planning to join in before the session, so it was bit of a surprise and not something we Africans had prepared for ahead of time. Not against you having your indian prov, though. Thanks for helping Catalunya out at a time when alliance high command was having commuication difficulties (read: locked out of TS and in-game chat spammed with surrenders) that hurt good situational awareness.

Yeah well the whole war was bit of a failure due communication. My joinging in "afterwards" was due that I didn't actually knew when the war was about to start, I only noticed it from peoples talks in TS. It takes time to sail from Wales to Sri Lanka..

I think perhaps the surrendering thing was an issue of terminology. Usually when someone says "I surrender", it's a request for terms to be dictated, and that's how you gentlemen understood it. But Suirantes seemed to feel he was asking for terms to be negotiated. Perhaps he'd have done better to say "What terms are on offer?".

I could see that the first time, but subsequently after terms were laid out, from this side of the screen it looked more like misusing the white flag for strategic gain.

Especially that one surrender offer that gave Mongol armies time to arrive and attack my paused forces, or the other where the "final" surrender was used as cover to move in Qin troops. I'm really pretty unhappy about it, although I suppose I won't hold a grudge too long - just try not to get tricked again.

Last edited:

My only regret is not wiping that Qin army in Haasa before peacing :D

I mentioned heavy casualties on the Persian front; allow me to demonstrate why the Persians stopped their apparently-victorious advance and retreated south into Punjab:

You stopped nothing, every advance by my armies was successful. At most your failed counterattack costed me a bit much.

I wanted the Caspian coast, so I smashed the Mongol armies, established a 2 prov buffer and left a blocking force. You attempted to regain the buffer provs, it blocked your army, which was its purpose. The other northern armies, and most importantly their generals, had been sent to boot out the Croats. Under no circumstances would I have pursued you further than my buffer, marching through a scorched Siberia is not my idea of fun. :p

Last edited:
Maybe you could make highlight's version 10-15 min long, I would definately watch those.

well thats what we have been telling him all this time :/

Hey Sid ! Good effort with those videos. Didn't watch it all trough, because it is very long. Maybe you could make highlight's version 10-15 min long, I would definately watch those.

Watch it in the background like a podcast, then you can tab back in whenever something exciting/exciting happens.

Before I'ld record everything and do very little editing until session 3 (where I tried to carve off 1-2 hours of video); session 4 I decided to only record when I had something to say; missed some funny moments in TS but its a tradeoff for my sanity.

MonMarty is comedic gold.I wish he'ld tell me through telepathy or something before he speaks.

I wanted the Caspian coast, so I smashed the Mongol armies, established a 2 prov buffer and left a blocking force. You attempted to regain the buffer provs, it blocked your army, which was its purpose. The other northern armies, and most importantly their generals, had been sent to boot out the Croats. Under no circumstances would I have pursued you further than my buffer, marching through a scorched Siberia is not my idea of fun. :p

Right. That's why we were fighting in Tyumen, halfway through what used to be the Oirat Horde and two provinces away from your current buffer zone, in the first place.

That aside; for clarity I'd like to check that these are your demands: From the Khanate, the two provinces that border the Caspian. From Punjab, the four provinces that border the Caspian, plus two (?) provinces in Arabia. And I'm not sure whether you demanded anything from Croatia?

From the Khanate, the two provinces that border the Caspian.

yes

From Punjab, the four provinces that border the Caspian,

yes

plus two (?) provinces in Arabia.

Punjab out of arabia, by whatever method he prefers to leave. Give em to me, my vassals, Ethiopia or release a free Oman. Point is there's only me and Ethiopia left in Arabia.

In addition my offers of friendship and alliance given to various Asians at the start of session still stand after this war, and Punjab will need help with the rebels for a while. Jumping the sub is a time-honoured tradition after all. :D

And I'm not sure whether you demanded anything from Croatia?

I guess Judea? I can't get at him (except his vassal Sidon) without Russia or one of the Europeans, and he cant get at me without reinforcements.

Status
Not open for further replies.