• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well after you have read my next AAr, you will... :D:D

But also, Death to china!

See? If I try to expand at the expense of a neighbour I will always be a target.

nah, you will be target even if would try to expand your neighbours, instead of expanding yourself :D

As for Blayne's diplomacy: Anything for a quiet life that allows me to concentrate on death to Persia.

But but... that's my job!

I was quoting Bismark; which was completely true until a new Kaiser went into office and Bismark was replaced with an incompetent.

So everything is fine until I'm subbed :D

Did you just compare yourself to Bismark? Oh Blayne...

Surely you jest.

So whats your explanation to how I got China?

Though the stupidity of your neighbors helped you long-term, your own stupidity in attempting to take advantage of your neighbor's stupidity harmed you short-term.

I've taken advantage of no ones stupidity :) I offered a deal, they accepted it. That's not taking advantage of someone anymore than Apple forcing you to sign the EULA is.

Also I find it questionable if I've in fact, putting all that aside been harmed in anyway in the 'short' term. Mongol Khanate is clearly my friends and allies and whom I've put significant investment in, Japan is also a key ally, Punjab is very favorable to friendly relations, Khmer and I have warm relations, and Elycion and I have a detente.

The only 'hostile' entity is Anders, who is varelse* and will always be hostile.

*Xenocide reference.

Mongol Khanate is clearly my friends and allies and whom I've put significant investment in

*snort*

ok, ok, nobody say anything more, I want to see how this plays out. :D

Keep the banter between players where it belongs: email, IMs and PMs. This thread is not for you to discuss things between players. It is for discussing the AAR. Also keep things on topic and polite.

I'm with BlitzMartinDK, loving the maps and it reads like a proper megacampaign now Sid is being 'victimised'. I'd also vote for more of Golle's acid fantasy AARs even if I never understand a word of them.

It seems a shame that the American players just seem to be there to be taken out by Europeans - might as well leave them as AI!

Was that by design?

I'm with BlitzMartinDK, loving the maps and it reads like a proper megacampaign now Sid is being 'victimised'. I'd also vote for more of Golle's acid fantasy AARs even if I never understand a word of them.

It seems a shame that the American players just seem to be there to be taken out by Europeans - might as well leave them as AI!

Was that by design?

At least two have surrendered into vassalization, and so stand a reasonable chance of survival

out of three, one got basicly annexed in the begining, one pledged to vassalage and one changed to tibet...the player of the first annexed nation creeped back in and imidiately pledged into vassalisation..

Oddman, great maps my friend. I hope it doesnt take too long for you to make.

Making the making was lots of work. Now, not so much any more :D. Anyway, glad to be of service. I think getting an accurate picture of the in-game situation is worth a thousand words ;).

However, it looks like Russia controls the Bosporus. Is that correct??

Indeed. Russia and Croatia are worryingly close. Russia is also mercantilist by design - and therefore interested in the mercantilist triggered modifiers, such as the Bosporus Toll.

Was that by design?

No, we designed them to stand a fighting chance of survival given good diplomacy and some European support. (And as was pointed out, two of them have been vassalised instead of annexed, and might emerge later on as independent powers.) The problem was that the colonising nations (Catalunya, England, Bavaria) were so few that they were able to reach a spheres-of-influence agreement, and none of the other Europeans (Tripoli, Croatia, Russia, Persia) wanted to interfere. In the case of Russia and Persia, this was presumably because they were already locked in a deadly struggle; as for Croatia and Tripoli, they presumably did not want to destroy their historically good relationships with Germany and al-Andalus, respectively. As for the Asian powers, we were simply too far away and could not have gotten troops to the Americas in time, with the possible exception of Elcyion in Malacca - but even then, for Malacca to take on al-Andalus would clearly not have been the path of wisdom.

If France, South Germany, and Byzantium had survived as European powers, matters might have stood differently; there would have been twice as many internal faultlines within Europe for the American powers to exploit.

Status
Not open for further replies.