• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
if i use mods should i be creating a new game folder for this or is it safe just to use the mod folder?

It only uses the mod folder, so you can launch the game without it as usual, or with it from the launcher. That's whu we chose to do it this way, as a mod foldered DLC. :)

Good job! It would be nice though if it would show you the name of the award that individual units get, when you put the pointer over it, for those of us not well informed on German war medals :)

That would be cool, but due to the way the mechanism is done, that's unfortunately not possible.

But some info:
For land troops.
-Wounded badge (in black, silver and gold variants)
-Assault badge (for the individual unit. i.e. Infantry assault badge for infantry (bronze version for motorized), panzer assault badge for armored troops, and general assault badge for artillery)
-Iron Cross 2nd Class
-Iron Cross 1st Class
-German Cross (in silver and gold variants)
-Knights Cross
-Knights Cross with Oak Leaves

For airforce and navy it's the same, but with appropriate badges instead of assault badge, like i.e. destroyer badge for destroyers, high seas fleet badge for capital ships and light cruisers, and so on.

I hope that helped a bit. :)

Very tired, so won't be playing much tonight. Works with Amazon's SF version 2.04d just fine though. I think the checksum was.. IDAB? Something like that. (I'm real helpful, huh)

Looks fantastic so far!

Edit: Have noticed two (insignificant) 'bugs'. On the statistics screen, the 'Army comparison,' the words all run together. Also, on the Navy comparison the types of ships run all the way outside the "statistics" box. Playing on 1920 x 1080 if that helps. If it can't be fixed, not really a big deal.

Steam version dont contain laucher - how will that work? Will Steam version overwrite vanilla?

Hi,
You have the launcher in your HOI3 game folder of STEAM.
It is called hoi3.exe!
While STEAM just added the shortlink to the hoi3game.exe..

So you coud also play it with STEAM. :)

But maybe P should have some talk with their partners and advice them somehow about all the upcomming DLC's and their easy use for the customer.. ;)

Maybe even Danevang and Devildread could report this to P.
(But I think that they maybe already know about it, as it was already reported someday..)

Kind regards,
Chromos

Very tired, so won't be playing much tonight. Works with Amazon's SF version 2.04d just fine though. I think the checksum was.. IDAB? Something like that. (I'm real helpful, huh)

Looks fantastic so far!

Edit: Have noticed two (insignificant) 'bugs'. On the statistics screen, the 'Army comparison,' the words all run together. Also, on the Navy comparison the types of ships run all the way outside the "statistics" box. Playing on 1920 x 1080 if that helps. If it can't be fixed, not really a big deal.

it can't be fixed. the statistic screen is designed for the original amount of different units.

Looks fantastic so far!

As far as I know that an unfixable bug (at least when you don't have the code) that happens whenever you add more types of units to the game than vanilla.

Glad to hear that this will come out on other portals. Waiting for the Thursday release on Steam! :) Very excited for this mod. Didn't realize it was coming out so soon.

Steam version dont contain laucher - how will that work? Will Steam version overwrite vanilla?

You can right click on your HoI3 in Steam, go to properties -> set launch options and add "-mod <whatever the mod folder is called>" then launch the game to make it always use that mod.

Don't have steam HoI3 installed here, hopefully I am remembering this right :)

At first glimpse it looks AWESOME! I had a hard time getting into HOI3 before but this just...... feels right. Thank you!!!

2 minor spelling mistakes that I noticed:

1) When you click on any HQ it says "Organises trroops under it's command" instead of "troops"
2) In the Tech tab under Operations it says "Weserubung" instead of "Weserübung" (you got the special characters right everywhere else as far as I can tell)

I hope you sell a gazillion of these so we can get more for the other powers too!

Great mod so far!

A few gfx bugs I encountered,

- All of the unit information pictures are using the standard Luftwave model, instead of their special model.
- My game tries to use the standerd game pictures for Battlecruisers and Motorized Infantry.
- Pictures for all Sub models don't seem to work at all

We won't be able to talk about patch and fixes before the end of this week so please continue to report and don't loose patience: we are reading all your bugs reports and will do whatever it takes to fix everything.
Not having an answer is not us ignoring you. :)

Thanks for the reports and please enjoy the game.