Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Found yet another jump point in the Struve 2398 system... look at them all:

G_099_Struve.jpg

... the orange dots are jump points. Struve 2398 is "the Crossroads of the Galaxy".

Has a JG been confirmed from Ross 154 -> Sol? A gate leading out is not the worst of affairs.
I still would like an active scan of the alien flottilla. Just send a single fleet ship a few million km ahead to scan.

The Venture Task Force is now on its way to the Procyon jump point, carrying ZERG Force, a group of Garrisons, and an Engineer Brigade to Dravar XV to begin unlocking the secrets of the Predecessor ruins. We all wish them luck!

If the charlie brings forces to shoot at our colonies outside, it means that 1.) part of their forces are not going to threaten earth 2.) we get intel on their fleet, movements and capabilities

Even with active sensors , you won't get much intel about a ship.

Our entire fleet is in stealth mode about 18 million km away from him, buttoned up, engines off, watching him through passive sensors. We are within missile range (which is about 21 million km), so we can whack him if it becomes necessary. He is still putting out a thermal signature like a burning house... presumably from the construction work. We are about twice as close as we need to be to pick him up at that temperature... because I don't want to miss it if a much smaller ship comes through the Gate. He has pretty well zero chance of detecting us at this range (unless he suddenly uses active sensors, which we would detect), because with our engines shut down, our thermal signature is effectively zero. He must suspect that we're out here, though, because we had to use our engines to get here, and he would have spotted the exhaust plumes at that time.

I believe the thermal signal is his engines since you can stop a fleet and yet have all their engines on max still outputting a large thermal signal.

I am itching to see how my fighter preforms.

Geo Survey vessel ESN Agassiz has completed her overhaul and will be dispatched to the adjacent system, Gliese 48, which also contains a habitable planet.

I wondered what my current mission was. Thanks for the update.

They have the resources and military confidence to build jump gates leading FROM our home system.
We are a MOUSE, if not a smaller rodent.

We do NOT start a shooting war. We pray to the great avian in the sky that Charlie remains friendly.

While some are praying, what about some more PDCs?

To: Commodore Gunman

Commodore,

What the hell are you still doing on Nellis? I thought your current assignment was to ESN Chimaera. :mad:

Good to see that you're doing your job well, even if it's in the wrong place. Get your ass here ASAP. Expedite.

RAD Arjyla
END

<ENCODED MESSAGE>

To: Rear Admiral Arjyla

Apologies sir, there appears to be a mix-up at HQ. Older out of date orders are being maintained on a separate database. As of this message, en route to ESN Chimaera. Gunman out.

<MESSAGE ENDS>

They have the resources and military confidence to build jump gates leading FROM our home system.
We are a MOUSE, if not a smaller rodent.

We do NOT start a shooting war. We pray to the great avian in the sky that Charlie remains friendly.

I, for one, welcome our new Charlie overlords.

Found yet another jump point in the Struve 2398 system... look at them all
By chance, didn't some alien Percursor build a massive spacestation just at this point, to take advantage of all these jump points?

By the way, I suppose the XX% on the galactic map displays the % of surveying done on all the system's bodies.

<ENCODED MESSAGE>

To: Rear Admiral Arjyla

Apologies sir, there appears to be a mix-up at HQ. Older out of date orders are being maintained on a separate database. As of this message, en route to ESN Chimaera. Gunman out.

<MESSAGE ENDS>

Fixed. Still lots of omissions in the data base, though... scientists, ground troops, espionage, etc.

So ZERG Force and the Engineers are on their way to Dravar XV, to start digging up those ruins. We all hope that they will find some cool alien technology, to advance our capabilities. I also hope they'll find some money. We could really use it.

The exploration of the new Struve 2398 jump point has led to the 70 Opiuchi system. Two planets, neither one habitable. No moons or Asteroids.

The Struve system now has nine jump point connections... and we're not finished searching it yet. That, plus the habitable planet, make it sound like a good spot for a Fleet base.

The exploration of the new Wolf 46 jump point has led to the Giclas 221-5 systtem. Three planets, one rock-ball, one rocky, one super jovian. Fifteen moons, 119 asteroids. None habitable.

Last edited:
Fixed. Still lots of omissions in the data base, though... scientists, ground troops, espionage, etc.

So ZERG Force and the Engineers are on their way to Dravar XV, to start digging up those ruins. We all hope that they will find some cool alien technology, to advance our capabilities. I also hope they'll find some money. We could really use it.

The exploration of the new Struve 2398 jump point has led to the 70 Opiuchi system. Two planets, neither one habitable. No moons or Asteroids.

Finding alien tech gives you "free" research I take it? Does this make it possible to skip ahead in the tech tree?

G_100_News.jpg

Our 15,000-ton, 3-slipway shipyard #4 has completed retooling, and we have laid down the keels for our first three Mountain class Light Carriers.

Tentative names: ESN Krakatoa, ESN Thera and ESN Tambora (all very destructive volcanoes, which unexpectedly rained fiery death on those around them).

The Carriers will be launched on December 26th, 2030... two and a half years from now.

Finding alien tech gives you "free" research I take it? Does this make it possible to skip ahead in the tech tree?

If you are lucky enough to find an Alien "Racial" tech, it even allows you to research branches of the tech tree that Humans normally cannot research at all.

My diplomay bonus has gone up! I'll put those to good use! :D

Relations with Charlie now +146.

Commander Stonewall in ESNA Agora has now made five trips back-and-forth to our interstellar colony on Dravar XV. As a result of his extensive jump experience... each trip required a dozen or more seperate jumps to shepherd his non-jump-capable companions through the Sol => Procyon jump point... we have developed new tactics for moving small formations of non-jump ships through jump points. It will no longer be necessary to shuttle back and forth... they can all be brought through in a single jump.

Last edited: