Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Time to picket the Sol => Ross 248 node?

Our first Attitude was "Belligerent"... tentative names for the three new Attitudes are "Defiant", "Aggressive" and "Totally Pissed Off".
Sounds good.
I'd be tempted to propose RELee or McGregor as honorary commander of the Totally Pissed Off cruiser :D

MSG ESN Gould @ Ross 248 to Fleet Ops Operations
Hot Flash Hot Flash
Charlies in Ross 248
One ship Thermal 2101 speed zero waiting for me at Sol jump point
Urgently advise you prepare fleet for action
Continuing toward Gliese 687 as ordered
- Cmdr The Executor out
MSG ends XXXXX
Ok so they definitely have jump technology.
Good thing the fleet is nearly ready to take action because we might need a welcoming committee soon...

Lt-Commander Rimmer, eager to prove that he has truly earned his Bsc. and Ssc. (Bronze Swimming Certificate & Silver Swimming Certificate), institutes a strict code of discipline on his freighter. Any crew member caught stealing from cargo listed on the manifest must play and lose a game of Risk to the Commander, and their guitars will be confiscated.

All crew members of the ESNA Chinook not engaged in essential operations are hereby instructed to direct their thoughts, hopes, prayers, etc (as appropriate to their belief systems) toward the safety and well-being of the ESN Gould and its crew.

Astronomer class Grav-Survey vessel ESN Chandrasekhar under Commander von Sachsen has completed its overhaul and has been dispatched Widdershins to search for jump points in the Lutyen's Star system.

Finally some action. We will do our best, sir.

Concur. The Charlies were bound to move to Ross 248 eventually, and even with our entire fleet mustered there leaving us open to any other potential thread, we may have been unable to stop them.

Proceeding as ordered toward Struve 2398 jump point
No activity from Charlie
No sensor probes no movement no signals
Will report again when I pass out of sensor range
- Cmdr The Executor out
MSG ends XXXXX

Concur. The Charlies were bound to move to Ross 248 eventually, and even with our entire fleet mustered there leaving us open to any other potential thread, we may have been unable to stop them.

My point was that unless we wish to fire without warning on what might be peaceful, unarmed ships... even with our fleet in Ross 248 we could not prevent them from bringing in whatever ships they wished to. Not without starting a shooting war. I would really prefer that they fire the first shot.

Contact lost as I passed out of Thermal sensor range at 12.5 m-km
No activity from Charlie
Still stationary and silent on Ross 248 => Sol jump point
- Cmdr The Executor out
MSG ends XXXXX

Why do you want them to fire first?

I don't want to start an interstellar war against what might be a peaceful race.

Brigadier Hyme has been PULLED from the diplomatic mission and is replaced with Colonel Lurkenius.

Brigadier Hyme has been placed in command of the Marine component of the space fleet, called Zeta Expeditionary Recon Group (ZERG). They will be the first to come and first to go. Hyme's staff will include Colonel Jolt (Heavy Assault brigade) and Julius Strange (Mobile Infantry). The first assignment of ZERG will be the procyon dig defense.

ZERG Organization:

Brigadier Hyme (HQ Brigade)
- Colonel Jolt (Heavy Assault Brigade/s)
- Julius Strange (Mobile Infantry Brigade/s)

The three new Attitude class Missile Cruisers have been completed! Commodore Arjyla will decide on their allocation, will also allocate any Missile Destroyers freed-up by its Captain moving up to a Cruiser, and will decide who gets transferred to take over any scout ships freed-up by the scout pilot moving up to a Missile Destroyer.

The shipyard which just now completed the three Attitudes is currently re-tooling for Light Carriers. It will be able to lay the keels for the first three Mountain class Light Carriers in July of next year.

Brigadier Hyme has been PULLED from the diplomatic mission and is replaced with Colonel Lurkenius.

Brigadier Hyme has been placed in command of the Marine component of the space fleet, called Zeta Expeditionary Recon Group (ZERG). They will be the first to come and first to go. Hyme's staff will include Colonel Jolt (Heavy Assault brigade) and Julius Strange (Mobile Infantry). The first assignment of ZERG will be the procyon dig defense.

ZERG Organization:

Brigadier Hyme (HQ Brigade)
- Colonel Jolt (Heavy Assault Brigade/s)
- Julius Strange (Mobile Infantry Brigade/s)

Don't forget that my original requested duty was in Mobile Infantry. I was placed in the Engineering Brigade while awaiting the creation of a Mobile Infantry Brigade. :)

The three new Attitude class Missile Cruisers have been completed! Commodore Arjyla will decide on their allocation, will also allocate any Missile Destroyers freed-up by its Captain moving up to a Cruiser, and will decide who gets transferred to take over any scout ships freed-up by the scout pilot moving up to a Missile Destroyer.

The shipyard which just now completed the three Attitudes is currently re-tooling for Light Carriers. It will be able to lay the keels for the first three Mountain class Light Carriers in July of next year.

Commodore Arjyla: request transfer to missile destroyer from current geosurvey command when available.

Ends -- Commander Trajan

Commodore Arjyla, requesting transfer from tanker ESNA Chinook to any appropriate available geosurvey or grav survey vessel.

Commodore Arjyla, I would like to request a move from fighters to a scout ship during peace.

Request noted. However, I recommend you transfer to a freighter or tanker first. This way, you enter the progression. Waiting for a direct transfer is likely to be a longer process at the moment.

Don't forget that my original requested duty was in Mobile Infantry. I was placed in the Engineering Brigade while awaiting the creation of a Mobile Infantry Brigade. :)

You'll be transferred to the ZERG with a mobile brigade, pending transport limits. We need a confirmation from Lord Emu regarding that.

Commodore Arjyla: request transfer to missile destroyer from current geosurvey command when available.

Ends -- Commander Trajan

Request noted.

Commodore Arjyla, requesting transfer from tanker ESNA Chinook to any appropriate available geosurvey or grav survey vessel.

Request noted.

Commodore out.