Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Terraforming report, Mars project: Our biologically inert Greenhouse gas is now the dominant component of the Martian atmosphere, in greater concentration than either Nitrogen or Carbon Dioxide. The atmosphere of Mars is now 79% thicker than it was when the terraforming project began, and average global temperatures are roughly 3 degrees higher.

Can I claim a fighter? Would be most happy to take part in this :D

Commodore Arjyla will handle that, but I suspect that he will be happy to have you on the team... less than half of our Fighters have been assigned proper pilots so far.

Commodore Arjyla will handle that, but I suspect that he will be happy to have you on the team... less than half of our Fighters have been assigned proper pilots so far.

Done. Cromelex can be a pilot under Felix Sylvestris in the Wildcats.

MSG ESN Thor @ Struve 2398 to Fleet Ops Survey
New jump point found in Struve 2398 system
Coord 3.3 b-km bearing 83 degrees from Struve 2398 => Ross 248 jump point
Will investigate unless recalled
- Cmdr Lord Blekinge out
MSG ends XXXXX

OOC: It's worth noting the format that I've been using for these messages.

The range and bearing info is always given from the point-of-view of a hypothetical ESN task force that is coming to the rescue... if a task force was dispatched from Earth to here, it would have to pass through the Ross 248 system to get here, and would appear in the Ross 248 jump point. So the range and bearing given is the range and bearing that they would need to use to locate the new jump point, starting from that exact spot (from the gate-way to the Ross 248 system).

The messages always end with "MSG ends XXXXX", so that the communications section on Earth can tell if a message is complete or was cut-off... by the destruction of the transmitting ship by hostile aliens, for example.

Done. Cromelex can be a pilot under Felix Sylvestris in the Wildcats.

Lt-Commander Cromelex has been assigned to the eighth Fighter in Squadron #1 (Wildcats) under CO Felix Sylvestris

Fleet Init 190, FTR bonus +30% (!), Dispassionate, Psychological Problems

You're a bit crazy... perhaps more than a bit... but one of our most talented pilots.

It turns out that Deep Space Scanning Installations can indeed be transported by Freighter from planet to planet, according to the Wiki at least. I've put in a rush order for three of them, to be completed in about a month. We'll ship all three of them to Dravar XV.

May I enquire as to my current stats and/or traits (I don't remember seeing them previously so I assume they haven't been posted yet.)

Lt-Commander BwenGun, Fleet Init 143, FTR ops +10%, Espionage +15%, Diplomacy +15%, Cheerful, Modest, Imaginative.

I'll be a fighter pilot.

Awaiting confirmation from Commodore Arjyla, then I'll assign you a character.

Awaiting confirmation from Commodore Arjyla, then I'll assign you a character.

Confirmed. Assigned to Konstantin Shepherdovsky (The Cossacks), Sir!

A suggestion: I imagine it might be hard to keep track of all of the people requesting characters. Perhaps it would be a good idea to start a separate thread where people can place their requests so it is easier to track? I would recommend that the first post in the thread should be reserved so emu could post the current characters and their stats and traits.

Confirmed. Assigned to Konstantin Shepherdovsky (The Cossacks), Sir!

Lt-Commander Nabobalis is pilot of the eighth Fighter in Squadron #2 (Cossacks) under CO Konstantin Shepardovsky

Fleet Init 119, FTR bonus 25%, Espionage 30%, Athiest, Cold Manner.

Richard Nixon said:
A suggestion: I imagine it might be hard to keep track of all of the people requesting characters. Perhaps it would be a good idea to start a separate thread where people can place their requests so it is easier to track? I would recommend that the first post in the thread should be reserved so emu could post the current characters and their stats and traits.

I'll check with an OT mod... the game already has two threads in the Forum, they might not want a third.

MSG ESN Thor @ Groombridge 1618 to Fleet Ops Survey
New Struve 2398 jump point leads to Groombridge 1618 system
Primary star orange K8-V
No planets no moons no asteroids no nothing
Returning to Struve 2398 to continue mapping
- Cmdr Lord Blekinge out
MSG ends XXXXX

I'll check with an OT mod... the game already has two threads in the Forum, they might not want a third.

It would likely be beneficial to have one thread dedicated to gameplay storytelling and utilize this one as an OOC thread. No objection to starting a third. Might also be useful to cross-link all three in the opening post of each thread.

Until/Unless a new thread is created:

Guillaume HJ, reporting for duty in the Auxiliary fleet (and requesting, if and when such roles become available, transfer to the scouts) if any auxiliaries remain uncommanded. Provided, of course Commodore Arjyla willing.

With literally several dozen Forum members in the game, it's getting REALLY confusing keeping track of who-is-who when players don't use their Forum name. We may be appending Forum names to those characters who are using non-Forum names... rather than continue confusing them with nPCs or losing track of them.

You can change Mazer Rackham to Kiwi if it makes your life easier. Or Kiwi Rackham, as the commodore did in his list.

Lt-Commander Cromelex has been assigned to the eighth Fighter in Squadron #1 (Wildcats) under CO Felix Sylvestris
Fleet Init 190, FTR bonus +30% (!), Dispassionate, Psychological Problems
You're a bit crazy... perhaps more than a bit... but one of our most talented pilots.

Ah, perfect!
Doesn't one have to be crazy to be a fighter pilot in the first place? :p

"I'm crazy! Why? Because I am a fighter pilot! Why am I a fighter pilot? Because I'm crazy! That's it!"

Lt-Commander Cromelex reports for duty, sir.

Until/Unless a new thread is created:

Guillaume HJ, reporting for duty in the Auxiliary fleet (and requesting, if and when such roles become available, transfer to the scouts) if any auxiliaries remain uncommanded. Provided, of course Commodore Arjyla willing.

Assigned to a tanker! Would you care to name it? I will have to update the list anyhow, to add your rank as Emu provides your details. ;)

Hmmmm, I had names in mind for a scout and a warship, which I'll keep for later use, but let's name this one the Chinook.