Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In order to safeguard our glorious leader and the mankind from the cancerous filth of the Alien-loving communliberal cowards, I hereby announce the establishment of the Emunian Military-Imperialist Party! Rally to my banners, defenders of fleet, freedom and human race! Missile destroyers to all! :mad:

Here's our official flag.

2qkqk1t.png

Fear, liberal scum. :mad:

Hear, Hear!! I declare this flag both patriotic AND scientific!

Since Mr Snuggles or me want to take part in this alien stuff that's going on unless I'm beeing trasnfered, I declare that the Comet of the Platypus as it's own state inside the Terran Empire
Komet.jpg

Edit* Yes, it's Mr Snuggles in his best space suit :D

In a meeting room with some aliens.

So...Zug-zug...know any hot chicks at your local bar?

wont you see very fast weather or not there is a colony of the aliens in the system?

When your ship is in the same system with the alien colony, the rise in our relation will be less than without.
so, if the relöations rise steadily before, and do so less after you send the ship in, you know that a colony is in there.
If the relations change on the end of each moth or so, just wait short before the next change and send in the ship, than compare the relation to the last rise...

easy and low risk method... in theory

There are 2 different sets of relations. Our relations with the aliens, which we can see. And their relations with us, which we cannot see.

So if we park a ship in their system, we won't see the relations dropping since it will be dropping their relations to us, and we won't know for sure where the tipping point from peace to war is either.

What exactly happened to our asteroid-mining-plans in Wolf 359 (that was the one with the 600 asteroids IIRC)?

What exactly happened to our asteroid-mining-plans in Wolf 359 (that was the one with the 600 asteroids IIRC)?

We're still lacking space station techs needed to establish mining outposts in the region if I'm not mistaken.

MSG ESN Ptolomy @ TZ Arietis to Fleet Ops Survey
New jump point found in TZ Arietis system
Coord 334 m-km bearing 214 degrees from TZ Arietis => Ross 248 jump point
Will investigate unless recalled
- Cmdr Chaos out
MSG ends XXXXX

What do the different colored circles around the systems mean? And the numbered points?

The numbered points indicate potential colony sites... cyan (light blue-green) are the good ones at our tech level. Circles can mean various things... right now, I've got them set to indicate whether the jump points in that system have been fully mapped, or are still incompletely known.

EG: Sol and Wolf 359 are completely mapped for jump points.

Very fun read! I've been playing Aurora for a little while so this is very entertaining to read (as well as educational!).

I would like to have my name thrown into the story if permissible. If there is a position open that puts me in command of good old fashioned, ground pounding Marines that would be ideal, if not you can stick me on a tanker! :D

MSG ESN Ptolomy @ Lutyens 726-8 to Fleet Ops Survey
New TZ Arietis jump point leads to Lutyens 726-8
Tight binary both Red Dwarfs M5-V and M6-V
One rock-ball five rocky planets three gas giants three super jovian
One hundred and thirteen moons no asteroids
Two barely habitable planets no sign of activity
Am returning to TZ Arietis to continue mapping
- Cmdr Chaos out
MSG ends XXXXX

MSG ESN Ptolomy @ TZ Arietis to Fleet Ops Survey
New jump point found in TZ Arietis system
Coord 334 m-km bearing 214 degrees from TZ Arietis => Ross 248 jump point
Will investigate unless recalled
- Cmdr Chaos out
MSG ends XXXXX

MSG Fleet Ops Survey to ESN Ptolomy @ TZ Arietis
Good job Cmdr
Carry on the investigation
Report back after the jump for new orders
- Lord Martin @ Survey Ops out
MSG ends XXXXX

Edit: Emu, you update to fast ;)

Very fun read! I've been playing Aurora for a little while so this is very entertaining to read (as well as educational!).

I would like to have my name thrown into the story if permissible. If there is a position open that puts me in command of good old fashioned, ground pounding Marines that would be ideal, if not you can stick me on a tanker! :D

There are certainly a lot of marine positions available... we haven't even begun staffing the Marine officer corps. What sort of unit would you like to command? HQ battalion, Mobile Infantry, Assault (or Heavy Assault) Infantry, Garrison troops, Replacements or Engineers? We will be sending some Engineers to Dravar XV to dig up those alien artifacts as soon as we have transports for them. You could take a position commanding Engineers for that operation, and later transfer to Mobile Infantry or to an Assault unit...

Glad you like my writing.

Any news about the aliens? :D Have they started to blast us to pieces or have they started moving around instead of just standing still?

We've stayed out of that system since first contact, but I'm planning to send a scout in as soon as relations are over +50. I have other scouts exploring for jump points in all adjacent systems, so that we can "flank" them and try to determine just how much territory they control... possibly even find their home worlds.

I would love a position in the Engineering Corps.

Colonel Quift has taken command of the 32nd Engineer Brigade, currently assigned to Earth awaiting transport to the alien dig site on Dravar XV. Ground Combat Bonus +10%, delegates easily, flexible and pragmatic, organized, career-focused (no outside interests)

Glad to see that the Alien Ruin dig yielded results. I know that my mining bonus went up during the big since you posted the screenshot but what is my character doing now? Is he going to help administer the retrieval of alien artifacts at the other sites on the planet?

Also, have we considered investing in cloaking technology and then combining that with a passive sensor scout so can follow any of the other jump points out of the Groombridge system and surreptitiously collect information on the aliens?