Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It is indeed a good AAR, been playing a bit on my own and I have encountered hostile aliens who look like fish.

Oh and dibs on the post as a carrier commander when we get those.

Quick question. Back in post 91 http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...y-blue-emu&p=12330697&viewfull=1#post12330697 you armed your PDS with size 2 anti-missile missiles. How did you get those designed - did the game itself name then anti-missile, or did you? And if you just typed the name in, how do you know they'll work as anti-missiles? I can't get any missile to be designated "anti-missile" unless it's exactly size 1.

I typed it in. Not sure they'll work, but they're hooked up to a PD Fire Control, and when I was tying them to it I did get the option of deciding how many missiles should be allocated per incoming target. Hopefully, the game and I are "on the same wavelength" with the PD system.

I was reading some of the rules on their forums and it seems you can gear up for the next production while creating the last of the previous. Did they change that?

Yes, you can still do that... but you can't start a new build until the re-tooling is over, so if it turns out that the ship currently in the slipyard will be ready in four months while the re-tooling will take twenty months, it might be more logical to wait four months for the new ship to come off the ways, start a new one of the same class, and THEN re-tool while the new ship is building. So the delay is a bit unpredictable since it depends on so many factors.

Just read through the AAR and may I say this has been one of the most interesting to date. Not only do you take the time and effort to tell the game in a way that is both exciting and interesting, but seeing all of you guys just going long this thing with jingoists like Ärjylä is fun to see.

As with that, are there still any spots open, preferably somewhere scientific, but any miliatry position will do as well :D.

Thanks for the kind words... the role-play "journal" updates are of course the most difficult and time-consuming ones to write. I usually re-write them a couple of times before I'm satisfied with them and hit "Submit".

I'll give you one of the scientists... there are still five or six of them un-claimed.

Cloneof has joined our research team. His specialty is Energy Weapons (Lasers etc), and he gets a +10% bonus within that specialty. His Admin rating of 4 allows him to coordinate 20 Labs toward his research goal. Xeno +15%, cheerful, history buff, poor family, sincere.

BTW Blue Emu, where am I scanning?

The ESN Kepler is exploring the Epsilon Eridani system, which is adjacent to Sol... only one jump from Earth. It's part of our first line of defense.

Our government is filled with alien-loving pinko liberal scum. Next thing you know they want to marry each other too... sensible and rational people wish to bury the aliens! :mad:

Ps Emu, what is our exact military inventory right now, land, completed ships, missile stockpiles, figthers and fighters/ships in construction?

Aside from the list of ships and ship construction already given above, we have 1,401 of the old-model missiles in stockpile (including both Anti-Ship and Point Defense), and the Missile factories are now back on-line and have produced the first 98 of the new-model missiles. Production continues at full speed.

Just a reminder that I have asked for command of a Geo-Survey vessel (or Grav-Survey) back in the mists of time...

Looking forward to the possibilities of the Groom system...

TheExecuter is in command of the Geo-Survey vessel ESN Gould, currently scouting rocks in our future Asteroid Mining system at Wolf 359. Crew Training 25, Fleet Initiative 162, Survey +20%, Mining +10%, calm, good judge of character, impoverished, tolerant.

I prefer my theory. Where Blue Emu named the planet after "XvDravarvX".

This.

Very interesting!

Since my successes as a Geo-Surveyor have been less than stellar (pun intended), could I apply for a transfer to one of those to-be completed destroyers?

And regarding the Charlie, I propose colonizing the Groomsbridge system and turning it into a galactic Maginot line.

I am becoming more and more convinced that the Grooms do not own Groombridge. I have the Galactic Map set to display flags in colonized systems, and there's no flag in Groombridge. I am seriously considering sending someone in to check. Billy Bob volunteered first, as I recall.

As to the warship... there will be about a hundred hands reaching for it as it rolls off the ways.

Schuermann most certainly deserves a medal for his luck and calmness during the first contact.

Agreed Commander Schwuermann is awarded the Alien Contact Medal for his calm and correct handling of Humanity's first contact with Aliens.

TheExecuter is in command of the Geo-Survey vessel ESN Gould, currently scouting rocks in our future Asteroid Mining system at Wolf 359. Crew Training 25, Fleet Initiative 162, Survey +20%, Mining +10%, calm, good judge of character, impoverished, tolerant.

Yes!

Looks like I'm a good match for the job, and hungry...

How is earth's commercial spacefleet coming along? Do you think it to be a good idea to create a bunch of small vessel designs for your fledgingling private industry to build so you can tax them?

Last edited:
Missed a lunch break to catch up with over 500 commentaries over the weekend. The alien situation was a real nail biter. If they are not natives to the Groombridge system, renaming them to "Goons" would make sense - unless this would start a feud with the ************** forums.
EDIT: Sorry, I did not realize that references to other forums are off limit. Will not happen again.
Oh, and since I am living this game vicariously, could I please be inserted as one of the remaining scientists, or as any other cushy desk job? Preferably as "Dr. Morozov", in order to avoid confusion with the name of our Dear and Eternal Leader blue emu... :)

there was a carp in the picture that show how the specie look

This is not a coincidence! It is clear they are the descendants of the viscous DF carp, and have now taken to space in search of more prey!

Aside from the list of ships and ship construction already given above, we have 1,401 of the old-model missiles in stockpile (including both Anti-Ship and Point Defense), and the Missile factories are now back on-line and have produced the first 98 of the new-model missiles. Production continues at full speed.

Thanks. What about land forces? Secondly, if the Grooms don't own the system shall we speed-colonize and stack it with capacity to deal with any alien intrusions, as rationally advocated by the Military? Thirdly, if the Grooms are not based on that system at all, I propose we rename them appropriately and scientifically as "Inferior And Deplorable Alien Scum In Line For Subjugation", IADASILFS - latin Servus (to please all ya academical hippie alien lovers! :mad: ).

They're Charlies...

And we should be glad they're not hostile:

[video=youtube;_OBlgSz8sSM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OBlgSz8sSM[/video]

They're Charlies...

And we should be glad they're not hostile:

Indeed. It merely displays their inferiority and justifies all defensive manouvers against them, the conquest of their worlds and using them as manpower pool for our manufacturing in order to facilitate the expansion of our fleets! :mad:

Anybody who disagrees is a lying, alien loving liberal who'd love nothing better than be ruled by some damn aliens instead of our Glorious Emu, and who hate our race for our fleet, freedom and superiority as a species! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Oh look Mr Snuggles (it's the puppy!), that pink rabbit is here again! I wonder if those creepy scientists has left or not. *Hides in a cardboard box*

Anybody who disagrees is a lying, alien loving liberal who'd love nothing better than be ruled by some damn aliens instead of our Glorious Emu, and who hate our race for our fleet, freedom and superiority as a species! :mad: :mad: :mad:

And that is bad because...?

Indeed. It merely displays their inferiority and justifies all defensive manouvers against them, the conquest of their worlds and using them as manpower pool for our manufacturing in order to facilitate the expansion of our fleets! :mad:

And that is bad because...?

Because you're traitor to the human race and our rather avian overlord! :mad:

Good to know that even in the future, the Paradox Forums remain the same. :D

Gentlemen lets wait until we get a fleet before we embark on wars of conquest. Of course once thats done, we should take the slightest hint of alien deception as a casus belli and conquer them for the glory of our blue avain Great Leader.

Thanks. What about land forces? Secondly, if the Grooms don't own the system shall we speed-colonize and stack it with capacity to deal with any alien intrusions, as rationally advocated by the Military? Thirdly, if the Grooms are not based on that system at all, I propose we rename them appropriately and scientifically as "Inferior And Deplorable Alien Scum In Line For Subjugation", IADASILFS - latin Servus (to please all ya academical hippie alien lovers! :mad: ).

Our land forces haven't changed since the last time I listed them. 4 Brigade HQs, 14 Mobile Infantry Battalions, 5 Assault Battalions, 5 Heavy Assault Battalions, 5 Garrison Battalions, 2 Replacement Battalions, 5 Engineer Battalions... and the Civilan mining operations on Titan, Titania, Callisto, Dione and Asteroid #83 each seem to have hired a weak Mercenary Battalion to guard them... probably the equivalent of a Company, in practical terms.

... If they are not natives to the Groombridge system, renaming them to "Goons" would make sense...

How about a compromise?... Groombridge 34 is in Andromeda. When people look up into the sky, towards the location of the Alien contact, they are looking directly at the constellation of Andromeda. How about calling them "Andromedans"?

Oh, and since I am living this game vicariously, could I please be inserted as one of the remaining scientists, or as any other cushy desk job? Preferably as "Dr. Morozov", in order to avoid confusion with the name of our Dear and Eternal Leader blue emu... :)

Dr Morozov has joined our research team. He is an expert in Power and Propulsion systems, has an Admin rating of 5 which allows him to coordinate the activity of up to 25 Labs, a +10% bonus within his field of specialty, and is diciplined.

So how many Forumites are in favor of settling the question of the ownership of the Groombridge system, by sending Billy Bob in to scout out those habitable planets with his Geo-Survey scout?

I am.

Did you answer how long it was until the comet dissapears again? Cause if you did I missed it...

So how many Forumites are in favor of settling the question of the ownership of the Groombridge system, by sending Billy Bob in to scout out those habitable planets with his Geo-Survey scout?

I am.

Seconded, with the addition that 1.) We bomb any potential colony we find AND 2.) Regardless of 1.), we move to colonize the best planet as soon as physically possible.

Let me repeat my question...:D

Sedition! Treachery! Protect the Emu! Firing Squad! :mad: