Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Are the MK II missiles researched? I think its a good time to rush development, production and distribution. Are all carriers and fgt bases fully staffed with fighters?

Mark-II missiles are fully researched, we are just waiting for the missile factories to come back online in mid-October (six weeks from now). We have no Carriers, only designs. All three Fighter Bases have full compliments of Fighters.

How cost effective would it be to build more fighter bases on Earth/Mars with fully staffed squadrons?

Is it cheaper than building more destroyers/cruisers?

I think we need to go with quantity over quality given the circumstances.

We have no way to move a defense base off of the Earth. We are researching Tractor Beams (for Tugs) now. Then we need to design a Tug. Then wait for a free shipyard slip. Then gear it up for the new design. Then build the damn thing. Total... three to seven years.

Mark-II missiles are fully researched, we are just waiting for the missile factories to come back online in mid-October (six weeks from now). We have no Carriers, only designs. All three Fighter Bases have full compliments of Fighters.

We have no way to move a defense base off of the Earth. We are researching Tractor Beams (for Tugs) now. Then we need to design a Tug. Then wait for a free shipyard slip. Then gear it up for the new design. Then build the damn thing. Total... three to seven years.

There's no way to build defense bases on-site at a colony like Mars?

Also, what about designing defensive space stations that could be deployed around the Earth or developing mines that we could use to protect jump points giving access to Earth?

Captain Qorten of RADAR Vauban is in favor of starting/continuing the examination of the possibly colonizable worlds in Groombridge and determine whether Groombridge is the home system of these aliens or not. If not and mineral depostis in the system are quite substantial we should try to acquire the system before these aliens do, if we have a chance of pulling that off.

I am really tempted to send in a Geo-Survey vessel, yes. It might piss off the aliens, if this is their home world. Or not. Difficult choice.

There's no way to build defense bases on-site at a colony like Mars?

Yes, but it takes industry and population to run them. Mars currently lacks both. We are shipping colonists there non-stop. We will follow with Factories as soon as a labor surplus exists. No sense sending factories if there are no workers to run them.

Also, what about designing defensive space stations that could be deployed around the Earth or developing mines that we could use to protect jump points giving access to Earth?

We're working on it. Orbital Habitats research completed this year. Unfortunately, a single module at our current tech level masses over a quarter of a million tons. Our largest civilian slip is 98,000 tons. Military slips even smaller (much smaller). Mines are even further in the future... and we'd hate to mine a neutral craft.

No, I have not been put into the game yet.

Any favorites? We still have both types of scout-ship available, plus Tankers, Freighters, Colony Ships, Fighters, Bases of all three types (RADAR, Fighter, Missile), Scientists, Staff officers...

Also, won't the diplomats reveal a home planet? It would make sense.

I have a feeling this Earth planet is their home. It's perfect and has an armed vessel in the vicinity.

They might. Don't know. These are the first aliens I've ever encountered that weren't shooting at me at the time.

We should never have shut down those ordnance factories... damn those number crunching bureaucrats!

Perhaps a scout ship, but no real favorites.

We should never have shut down those ordnance factories... damn those number crunching bureaucrats!

I've been thinking that myself. Fortunately, I over-ruled the accountants and turned them back on again four and a half months BEFORE this alien contact came up... it takes six months to gear them back up, and all except six weeks of that delay has already passed.

Last edited:
Wow this is intense! Can I be a character too please?

Perhaps a scout ship, but no real favorites.

Commander von Sachsen has taken command of the Astronomer class Grav Survey vessel ESN Chandrasekhar
Fleet Initiative 196, Survey +10%, Terraforming +10%, listless, substance abuse (you're a drug addict)

I doubt this earth like planet is their home as there was only 1 ship. If it was their home we should have seen more.