Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A ship called The Lone Gunman would be great by the way. :D

A ship, or a Captain? We still have one Naval Auxiliary available (a Freighter), five Defense Bases (two Airfields hosting Fighter Squadrons... the Squadrons themselves are already claimed; two Missile Bases armed with BIG friggin' missiles... twice as big as the ones carried by our largest warship; and one RADAR/Point Defense/Anti-Missile battery), a few Fleet Ops HQ positions, and nine research scientists still not spoken-for.

Also, another dozen Fighters still available.

how about Bridgeburners for our elite troups? :D

and Bonehunters for our exploration teams scouting ruins? :p

Also, are boarding actions possible?

I'm just wondering, have I recieved a character yet? And if I've recieved one, what's the stats and my suggestion for squadron or ship class, the platyplus class/squadron

Taklagarn is not yet in the game. Check my list above for available positions. No new ship classes until our current tech research completes... we might as well incorporate our improved techs into any new class designs.

Also, are boarding actions possible?

Yes. But not with our current techs.

Well I have asked to become a governor once a space is open for it, I believe I asked quite early for it.

Why does the Xenology expedition remind me of The Mountains of Madness? Let's hope they don't find a shoggoth.

Well I have asked to become a governor once a space is open for it, I believe I asked quite early for it.
Yes, I recall. I was waiting until we actually had somewhere to place you before choosing your character... so that we could pick one with appropriate skills (eg: a Mining bonus if you were going to take charge of an Asteroid Mine).

Perhaps I should explain where these player characters come from. The game gave me a hundred-odd Officers at game start, divided between Naval Officers, Ground Troops, Administrators and Scientists. I get a few more during play, depending on how many training establishments I have (Military Academies, Universities, etc). When a Forum member asks to join the game, I pick one of these non-Player leaders and change his name to the Forum member's name. That's now his character. So if someone wanted to be a Scientist, I would have to pick an existing non-player Scientist and change his name.

I could pick your Administrator now, if you like... I just thought it would be more effective to wait until we know what sort of job you will be called upon to do, before choosing your character.

Aha, well then we could wait, I'll follow and see when we can colonize a planet or an asteroid, thanks for explaining :)

<Apr 29>
TO: GOVERNOR BLUE EMU
RE: DIVULGENCE OF CLASSIFIED MATERIAL

INTELLIGENCE HIGH COMMAND WARY ABOUT AAR AS POTENTIAL LEAK OF CLASSIFIED AND ABOVE INFORMATION. SOME INFORMATION PRESENTED HAS BEEN RETROCLASSIFIED AS TOP SECRET. THIS IS DEEMED AN UNACCEPTABLE SECURITY BREACH. THERE IS NO GUARENTEES THAT THEY HAVE NOT INFILTRAITED PARADOX OT AND USING INFORMATION GIVEN FREELY TO ENGINEER WEAPONS SYSTEMS TO DESTROY OUR FORCES. ALSO THE EXPLORATION DATA COULD BE USED TO LOCATE EARTH. THE DIRECTOR REQUESTS THAT YOU STOP CARELESSLY GIVING AWAY STATE SECRETS.

DEPARTMENT OF NAVAL INTELLIGENCE

I'll take a captain named "Marius Balle" in that case.

Put me in charge of one of our defensive bases.

I'll take a captain named "Marius Balle" in that case.

Put me in charge of one of our defensive bases.

Your Captain got promoted one rank to Commodore. Commodore Marius Balle is in command of Fighter Base #1 (the one with Felix Silvestris' Squadron #1 in it). Your base operates a Squadron of eleven Spitfire Fighters, each carrying three size-4 High Capacity Anti-ship Missiles (a more potent but shorter ranged version of the standard size4 Anti-ship Missile). The Airbase also mounts six size-2 Point Defense Anti-missile Missile launchers with 86 rounds and rate-of-fire of 6/minute/launcher, and has passive sensors capable of scanning out to 18 million kilometers and active sensors (which would give away your position) capable of spotting and "painting" targets out to 50 million kilometers.

You are ambitious, observant, focused, you embrace change, and have a shitload of skills, the most relevant of which are +15% each for Fighter Ops, Logistics and Espionage.

Where would you like the Airbase located? (eg: Biggin Hill AFB)

That name is so wrong, try google translate swedish to english and write in "Balle".

That name is so wrong, try google translate swedish to english and write in "Balle".

It's quite a good name in Dutch aswell, although slightly misspelled :p

Well, with that name you must be popular with the ladies atleast... :D

How about Nellis AFB?

Done... and Jeeze... when I checked your base in the window that I use for changing installation names, yet ANOTHER skill showed up, which wasn't listed in your Leader profile in the Officers window : Deck Crew +15% (which probably speeds up servicing and re-arming the Aircraft).

Once we can start building Fleet Carriers, we'll have to give this guy one. He's got a great skill-set. Fleet Initiative of 179 could use some improvement... but you'll have plenty of time to train that up.

I was wondering where my leader is. Ill take any navy related job right now that is open fleet, staff, explorer, doesn't matter to me. This AAR also has taught me how to get an Aurora game going so I have started my own game as well.

June 1st 2025. In the first five months of the year, our vigorous exploitation of the Martian resources has reduced our annual Neutronium stockpile defecit from nearly 2500 tons to only 900 tons... and it may be possible to reduce the gap even further over the course of the next few months. I am just beginning to hope that we might weather this resource crisis without making any cuts at all... if we are lucky, and if every man pulls his weight, we may not have to cancel or postpone a single project. In January, the "economic crash" deadline was seven or eight months away. Five of those months have already passed, and the "economic crash" deadline is now more than twelve months in the future. We have gained ten months already... and while our stockpile is still slowly going down, it seems clear that we are slowly and painfully pulling ourselves out of danger.

The Martian population is now 960,000 with a dozen factories running... making more factories, of course... and 114 automated mines busily ripping Neutronium out of the Martian crust.

Last edited:
I was wondering where my leader is. Ill take any navy related job right now that is open fleet, staff, explorer, doesn't matter to me. This AAR also has taught me how to get an Aurora game going so I have started my own game as well.

Commander Darthkommandant is now Fleet Logistics Officer at Fleet Ops HQ. Talented Musician, Problem-Solver, Resourceful, Logistics +25%, Survey +10%, Diplomacy +10%, Fleet Initiative 106, Crew Training 25