Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I vote for Coin, our exploratory hero!

Coinneach the Explorer! Let Bo continue his valuable scientific work and send the less important in research point of view Coinneach!

Commander Coinneach is awarded the Order of Paradox for his impressive achievements in opening up the Galaxy to Human colonization, by locating and mapping nearly a thousand extra-Solar bodies including a habitable planet which contains traces of an Alien civilization... all in less than three months.

G_017_CoinMedal.jpg

Commander Coinneach is ordered to hand over the Astronomer class Grav-Survey ship ESN Copernicus to Gen.Schwuermann and report to the away team.

@Hellvink... haven't you been waiting for a ship since page three or so? Avernite will have to give his up if he wants to join the away team.

Do you need military starship commanders yet?

@Hellvink... haven't you been waiting for a ship since page three or so? Avernite will have to give his up if he wants to join the away team.

Errr, I don't know. Sure! A-star trekking we go!
Oh and I vote for Coinneach our intrepid explorer and soon-to-be-fodder!

Last edited:
Do you need military starship commanders yet?

We're less than three months into the game (mid-March, 2025)... our first production run won't be rolling off the slips until early 2027.

Asking for volunteers?

*Raises hand*
Yeah... but I'd hate to lose your research ability. You are the best Power and Propulsion tech researcher on Earth.

Your planet needs you alive, Bo.

So are red shirts optional for the "volunteers"?

Errr, I don't know. Sure! A-star trekking we go!
Oh and I vote for Coinneach our intrepid explorer and soon-to-be-fodder!

Commander Avernite is ordered to hand over the Astronomer class Grav-Survey vessel ESN Avernum to Commander Hellvink and report to the away team.

... and that's it! The team is assembled:

Trajan +30%
Seli +25%
Julius Strange +25%
Avernite +15%
Coinneach +10%

Total: +105%

Now to arrange transport from Earth to the Procyon sector...

Actually, you ended up with Coinneach's scout-ship instead. They're the same class... the one you ended up with is famous, though... Coinneach used it to discover nearly 1000 planets, moons, asteroids and comets, including the only known habitable planet outside the Solar System. Treat it well.

... did he die a heroic death?

Soon. He's joined the away team to go off to an ice-ball world and try to pry open some alien ruins. I hope he doesn't owe you any money.

BTW, once and if i get a Carrier, can it be named Graf Zeppelin?

No problem.

Is it possible to capture and study alien spacecraft to gain access to better tech and components that way?

Is it possible to capture and study alien spacecraft to gain access to better tech and components that way?

Nah, we need to capture real live aliens and vivisect them to prove our scientific superiority!

EDIT: Btw, I would like to be an officer with high Archaeology skill. I did study Archaeology for something I guess. :p

MSG Fleet Ops to Cmdr Hellvink ESN Avernum
After completing your current op you will rtn Earth ASAP
Refuel in minimum time rpt minimum time
Take on board five member alien analysis team
Transport team to Procyon Seven unload
Then analyze Procyon system for jump point exits
Expedite
MSG ends XXXXX

G_018_Transport.jpg

There is a spaceship module that you can research which allows you to take (alien) wrecks on board for tech analysis. Good to have around if you win a space battle and control the field afterwards.

Oh I hope it's one of those classified missions even to the scientists themselves like in the movie Sphere.

Oh I hope it's one of those classified missions even to the scientists themselves like in the movie Sphere.

The five "X"s at the end would seem to be "hugs and kisses from Fleet Ops".

MSG Fleet Ops to Cmdr Hellvink ESN Avernum
After completing your current op you will rtn Earth ASAP
Refuel in minimum time rpt minimum time
Take on board five member alien analysis team
Transport team to Procyon Seven unload
Then analyze Procyon system for jump point exits
Expedite
MSG ends XXXXX

G_018_Transport.jpg

Zum befehl Herr Director!