Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@telesien: Your Colonists have arrived on Mars. The Martian colony now consists of thirty automated (robot) factories, thirty units of infrastructure (for life support) and 50,000 colonists.
Hmm... 5 divisions and killer robots you say?

OMG, we are DOO...

*WE ARE BORG. LOWER YOUR SHIELDS. YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.*

...MED.

HOWEVER WiLL COMMANDER COINNEACH RETURN TO EARTH?! HOW I ASK YOU HOOOOOOOOOOW!!!

telesien said:
Hmm... 5 divisions and killer robots you say?

I'm sure you can think of a way to weaponize that life-support system, too. More infrastructure, a construction factory, and another 50,000 colonists en-route now.

As long as its not Wolf 359.

It could be Ross 128 too. We'd be just as doomed.

EDIT/ @blue emu: give me the Point Defense/Anti-Missile/RADAR base then. Maybe some aliens are close by and I can put up a heroic defense just long enough for the cavalry to come in. ;)

@Qorten: You are now in command of the Iche Bins RADAR/Anti-Missile/Point Defense Base #2. Fifteen Anti-Missile launchers, each capable of firing six times per minute.

G_014_Qort.jpg

You are highly educated but listless. With a skill in crew training, you will soon whip these slackers into shape... if you can be bothered to do it...

Wow...<drools>

While I resist downloading this game...

Please put me in-line for a science ship (geosurvey or gravsurvey)...

Or alternatively, I'd like a fighter to command...

Watching with avid interest!

Wow...<drools>

While I resist downloading this game...

Please put me in-line for a science ship (geosurvey or gravsurvey)...

Or alternatively, I'd like a fighter to command...

Watching with avid interest!

There will be some survey ships coming off the ways in about a year and a half. There's a Fighter ready right now...

Isn't this an awesome game system?

Can i be a sex slave or a hot dog vendor?

I can pencil you in as a sex-slave for our future alien conquerors...

There will be some survey ships coming off the ways in about a year and a half. There's a Fighter ready right now...

Isn't this an awesome game system?

I'll wait for the survey ships then...

...it looks amazing. My wife would kill me if I started in on it though...

:p

Speaking of years.

How much time have passed in game ?

One month and 25 days since game-start.

Our battle-fleet has been training constantly for all that time... running out to the orbit of Jupiter and back, dodging Asteroids in high-speed manoevers, sky-diving the Sun...they can's start weapons training until the Factories cough up some missiles, but the ships crew are slowly coming together as a team.

Even the officers are improving:

G_015_Auto.jpg

... all this training has made Autonomous better at Training!

EDIT: two days later, Commander Edzako's Training bonus went up.

Meanwhile, in the Procyon system... Commander Rackham has been orbiting the habitable planet Procyon VII for more than a week, carefully scanning it for mineral deposits or signs of life. The world seems to be empty of hostile aliens, at least.

EDIT again: Commanders Rackham and Dorieus both just skilled-up. Our characters are improving.

Last edited:
Good news and bad news. Commander Rackham has completed his scan of the habitable planet in the Procyon system. No hostiles are present. It turns out that the planet does indeed contain ores... massive quantities of ores. Corbomite: 101,002,500 tons. Tritanium: 207,360,000 tons. Uridium: 21,622,500 tons. Corundium: 155,002,500 tons. The bad news? All four of the ores are at the lowest possible concentration level... 10%. Each mine will only produce 1.6 tons per month instead of (up to) 16 tons per month.

Rackham is now continuing to scan all of the nearby bodies in the Procyon system... perhaps a convenient nearby source of high-grade ores will be found.

G_015_Auto.jpg

... all this training has made Autonomous better at Training!

yipi.gif

I am a goddamn training machine.

Could I possibly trouble you for my traits?

Seems like it's going well for you, cool! I can't wait to be a governor of a planet! :p

Id like to be assigned a research lab please.
Name me Bo Mosberg
And yes I too would like to know my personal traits.

Autonomous : Innovative, Patient, Crew Training 100, Fleet Initiative 460 (!), Factory Production +20%, Terraforming +10%
Octavian Durieus : Courageous, Enterprising, Friendly, Skilled Orator, Crew Training 100, Fleet Initiative 147
Bo Mosberg : Admin Rating 5, Survey +10%, Research Bonus +25% (Power and Propulsion Technology), Xenology Bonus +20%
... you are currently researching a miniaturized version of our new Nuclear Pulse Engine, to be fitted into a new generation of Missiles.

18th March, 2025. Only hours after sending us his report on the massive but low-grade ore deposits on the habitable extra-Solar planet of Procyon VII, Commander Rackham has sent us a second, almost unbelievable report. He claims that as he was leaving Procyon VII, he spotted the crumbled remains of some ancient ruins, visible on the surface.

G_016_RackReport.jpg

Naval Ops immediately dispatched an urgent order to Commander Rackham, forbidding him to approach the planet more closely, and instructing him to stand off in stealth mode and continue to observe the site through passive sensors. We also queried his original assumptions... could it be an unusual but natural geological formation? Rackham... an expert in Geology, like most Geo-Survey pilots... curtly dismissed this possibility. The ruins are real.

Now what?

I feel that we should adopt one of two courses: either send in some Marines to secure the site before sending experts to examine it... which will cost us years, since we have no Troop Transport technologies developed, and no Assault Carriers built... or else put together a team of Xenology experts and send them in unprotected to look over the ruins right on the spot.

The first course of action is much safer, but will mean deferring the investigation by several years. The second course of action is much riskier... especially for the Xenology team... but offers the possibility of early, incalculable rewards. Could some alien technological artifacts still be lying in the ruins, just waiting for us to collect them? Could they be trapped, or somehow guarded?

I must convene a restricted council meeting to discuss this development. Spread the blame a bit, in case something goes wrong...

Last edited:
Mars votes for immidiate action perhaps spiced up with some hillarious "oversight" like sending them there without fuel for return journey and block their communication channels.

Oh boy, I probably should have asked what my traits are before I became mad with power....