• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OK then. Since I cannot vote for my own nomination I shall abstain.

I call upon on all free thinking ambitious, godly and patriotic Democratic Party members to choose myself as the candidate to succeed Andrew Jackson as leader of our great party and, god willing, President of the Republic.

I promise support for the thriving industrial sector in the North, a strong but not jingoistic foriegn policy that shall secure the safety of our brave pioneers like Mr Collins (robb1993), a government that listens to the desires of its citizens and the preservation of the Constitution.

Excellent. Seems you two got the hang of it. Candidates, CAMPAIGN!

PS. I enacted a reform in the vote changing category. It's no longer outlawed, but it's still discouraged.

OK then. Since I cannot vote for my own nomination I shall abstain.

I call upon on all free thinking ambitious, godly and patriotic Democratic Party members to choose myself as the candidate to succeed Andrew Jackson as leader of our great party and, god willing, President of the Republic.

I promise support for the thriving industrial sector in the North, a strong but not jingoistic foriegn policy that shall secure the safety of our brave pioneers like Mr Collins (robb1993), a government that listens to the desires of its citizens and the preservation of the Constitution.

((he tells me after i've voted :p))

((he tells me after i've voted :p))

Don't worry Mr. Colins. You'll see I changed the rules for vote changing.

Perhaps it would be best to let the candidates talk the talk a bit, and then vote.

Name: Eldud Walsh
Party: Democrat
Position: Congressman for Virginia

History
The congressman is well-known for his secret opposition to slavery, and that he managed to get the nomination for a pro-slavery party and win in such a pro-slavery state is testimant to his political skill. The controversy and his age (he is barely eligble to beome president) rules him out of contention for the presidency, and he will be supporting Senator McAttack.

Bills:
Colonization Bill: Yes
Texas Act Bill: Yes

Good to see you here Welsh, but voting on Jackson's bills is over :). The good news is, they both passed. (YAY!)

Want to vote on the candidates instead? :D

Good to see you here Welsh, but voting on Jackson's bills is over :). The good news is, they both passed. (YAY!)

Want to vote on the candidates instead? :D

Sorry, missed a page.

Democrat: Thomas McAttack

I shall also abstain from voting since I cannot vote for myself.

Like Mr. McAttack has said before me, I too will support the expansion of our northern industries, protection for the ensured growth of our plantations in the south, and for the safety of our fellow Americans outside our borders, such in the case as Mr. Collins and our brothers in Texas. I must, however, say of my belief for a jingoistic foreign policy to ensure that America and her interests are allowed to expand in safety and prosper as they should. With the passing of President Jackson's Texas Act and the comming of war against Mexico, we need a strong president who has seen the bloody battlefields and the campaigns of warfare to lead us out of these times with the skill that our now leaving President has used for his glorious time as President.
So I ask my fellow Democrats and opposing Whig members too to vote for me in this election.

My fellow Americans.

I implore you, to understand the grave situation that exists in the south. The aggravation put forward by these Mexicans is only their beginning! We must make certain that they are no threat to us once we free Texas from their oppression! To do this we must expand our military but also our military production capabilities. We cannot neglect our navy either. To assert our position on this hemisphere we must make good relations with the smaller nations to the south.

I implore you, to accept our budding industry and its need to expand. Factories have to be enlarged, workers have to be encouraged, enabling our economy to bloom. We should envision greater industrial capacity in our near future, we cannot fall behind! Industry is are the bricks and our people are the mortar within our economic prowess.

I implore you, to have compassion with the common man. In our land of freedom and liberty, there is still much to be done. We should enact a social reform to provide worker safety for our industry. Some of our more renowned capitalists might disagree, but it is the common man that should benefit. If at all possible, slight tax cuts for the lower stratas have to be put through congress also.

I implore you, if you agree with my stance, to vote Archibald Cartwright, Representative for Georgia, as your Democratic Presidential Candidate!

((I personally abstain my vote as I cannot vote for myself))

For the Whig Primary, I vote John Fender

We need a true man of the people to unify support against Jackson and his successors. Now is not the time to be focused on the margins of the slavery debate or labour conditions.

((by the way, should we have forum poster names listed in the candidate details [so that it's easier to look around the thread to see what their arguments and decisions were]?))

((by the way, should we have forum poster names listed in the candidate details [so that it's easier to look around the thread to see what their arguments and decisions were]?))

An excellent idea, which has now been implemented. Forum names are now in OOC parentheses after the candidate's name and position.

Last edited:
I, as well abstain for the same reason as my competitors. My country men, only now can we improve the living conditions and the lives of the common man. We must aid our starving kin, overworked friends, and tortured children! Only the state unions can honestly achieve these goals, and with your help work can no longer mean death!

((i dont quite understand what you mean by this. could you clarify please?))

It means that the candidates are introduced like so in the primary update: John Doe, Senator for Massachusetts ((BigBadBob)). :)

Huh? You mean that's your final answer?

PS. Anybody have ideas on how to handle possible draws?

PPS. I think it's gonna go like this: After the primary, I'm gonna give you an update on Jackson's last year in office, followed immediately by the presidential election.

Last edited:
sorry on my this other forum i post on a full stop underneath a quote means everything that's been said in quote is what you wanted too say/or agree with. I assumed it was like widespread internet usage. aye that's my final vote.