• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(238912)

First Lieutenant
2 Badges
Dec 14, 2010
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
Hello, I'm playng as Germany and it's November of 1939. UK went GIE so I inherited India and my IC rose from 429 to 509, then one day it dropped down to 502, although I may have lost a province to Canada, but the next it dropped down to 457 wtf why is this? There are no revolts, I have full resources and they are all green, I didn't change any occupation law, I didn't lose like one province and it wasn't really significant, other than that I'm not losing any provinces or not being srategically bombed. So what gives? I just paused my game and will make a new save game with this problem and see if it works itself out. Any thoughts?

EDIT: Manpower production also dropped from about 87 to 73 each month. And leadership from about 60 to 56 or 54 wtf? What is going on?

EDIT 2: Ok this has been a small problem but it jsut got fucking huge. I tried to reload(I saved my game at 502 IC) and when I resigned and loaded up again my available IC was even lower at 447!? What the fuck is this? I usually get a small problem like this after I close the game and open it back up again when I load up my available IC sometimes starts a few points lower, but never by this much. What is happening? This is completely unacceptable, if this is a regular bug I'm quitting this fucking game because I just did so much to gain all of that IC and in one fell swoop I lose it all for unknown reasons. What the fuck is this?

Last edited:
You sure they went goverment in exile and not get annexed? As that would explain a lot...

You sure they went goverment in exile and not get annexed? As that would explain a lot...

Yes they went GIE. I even loaded up as them and then tried to load as Germany, same problem, and now it's stuck at 447 IC not even 457.

Did you check your dissent?

Yes I did, it's at 0% and it's not rising.

@All

Appreciate the help, any other ideas? :p

Hmm, what version? If 'current' I could take a look at that save game and try to figure it out (interested if it requires proper bug report...) but if you are at 1.4 I won't bother...

Do you realize that province values are recalculated on the 2nd of every month? So, if you save and reload, your conquered IC, LS, MP, etc. will be lower than it was before you saved, and will return on the 2nd of the next month. Dissent also lowers these values, as does revolt risk. If you army was sitting in rich provinces then moves out, don't be surprised to lose a lot of that due to partisan activity.

Is there any sort of bombing going on?

Also there might have been some strat. effects that wore off. If you have SF then there are planty of such effects after winning battles etc. But even in Hoi3 there might have been some.

Do you realize that province values are recalculated on the 2nd of every month? So, if you save and reload, your conquered IC, LS, MP, etc. will be lower than it was before you saved, and will return on the 2nd of the next month. Dissent also lowers these values, as does revolt risk. If you army was sitting in rich provinces then moves out, don't be surprised to lose a lot of that due to partisan activity.

I'll try to wait it out and put divisions in the provinces. But why it did drop within only a few days. And revoltrisk in India is extremely low, it's green. It went from 503 to 447 in one day. Why is this?

First off, what % bonus to IC do your laws give? If the bonus is 50%, that's huge. Assuming you're using the lowest occupation policy, the game hasn't recalculated everything, and you have the 50% bonus from laws, you've lost about a base of about 37 IC, but most likely less since you're Germany. Your real base loss is probably around 30, which would make perfect sense considering you have the UK's provinces and most likely annexed northern France, which is also hit by the recalculation problem. I see this problem all the time when I, as Germany, conquer the Soviet Union and haven't put police garrisons on the major provinces. Just wait until the 2nd of the next month and it should go back. Is this a huge swing? Yes. Can you do anything about it other than playing longer sessions and not quitting/reloading all the time? Not yet. This is exactly why if I stop the game, I end right at the end of the month, so the swing isn't as noticeable.

First off, what % bonus to IC do your laws give? If the bonus is 50%, that's huge. Assuming you're using the lowest occupation policy, the game hasn't recalculated everything, and you have the 50% bonus from laws, you've lost about a base of about 37 IC, but most likely less since you're Germany. Your real base loss is probably around 30, which would make perfect sense considering you have the UK's provinces and most likely annexed northern France, which is also hit by the recalculation problem. I see this problem all the time when I, as Germany, conquer the Soviet Union and haven't put police garrisons on the major provinces. Just wait until the 2nd of the next month and it should go back. Is this a huge swing? Yes. Can you do anything about it other than playing longer sessions and not quitting/reloading all the time? Not yet. This is exactly why if I stop the game, I end right at the end of the month, so the swing isn't as noticeable.

I will try what you said, and see if it changes. It really pissed me off though. I hope it goes back.

Nope didn't work. After I had turned off the game, I turned it back on now to try what you said. Low and behold the IC was even lower at 443, the 2nd of December came and yea, it recalculated, to 447 lol.

Here is my problem, this is exactly what happened:

I conquer the last UK province, 2 hours before the next day I make 2 save games(1 as a backup) so I could reload if they surrendered(I wanted them to go GIE). They went GIE so I saved the game twice more. My available IC went up to 509, the next day it dropped to 502, I was like ok no big deal. My manpower was somewhere around 87 per month, leadership was about 60. On like the 2nd or 3rd day after it fell to 502, boom it falls to 457, I was like wtf. I didn't check leadership or manpower because it didn't occur to me. I tried reloading, and when I did it was even LOWER at 447 available IC. I check leadership and manpower, and to my utter dismay my manpower was at about 73 per month, and my leadership about 50. I didn't suffer ANY strategic effects, no bombing nothing, no dissent. All of my resources are full and green, consumer goods are green. I didn't lose any significant provinces(only lost about 2-3 random ones after Britain went GIE, and they were from the allied units in India. I don't understand what happened.

When you take the UK, don't all the GiE governments that are hiding in London surrender? That would seriously drop your ICs and Manpower.

Nah, the GiE's just run away to the next faction leader's capital. Since the wait until next month thing didn't work, I'd suggest you open a bug report and attach one of your saves (compress it first!!) to the bug report post. You also didn't tell us which occupation policy you're using, which would have a huge impact if it changed.

Also, you may want to edit your first post and remove some of the language you used. Just saying.

Nah, the GiE's just run away to the next faction leader's capital. Since the wait until next month thing didn't work, I'd suggest you open a bug report and attach one of your saves (compress it first!!) to the bug report post. You also didn't tell us which occupation policy you're using, which would have a huge impact if it changed.

Also, you may want to edit your first post and remove some of the language you used. Just saying.

All of them are Collaboration Government, never changed it.