• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Alex Moldovia

Second Lieutenant
62 Badges
Mar 14, 2008
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • BATTLETECH
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sengoku
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • King Arthur II
  • Impire
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • 500k Club
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
Just curious, so far I got SotS 1 finally when it was on Steam Sale, for me and my gf. Kinda intrested in SotS II now, we had one great dev diary promising more way back when, and.... now nothing, I just want new information, Feed my curiousity make me drool over the game! :)

Relax, there is a Paradox Convention happening right now and SotSII is there. I'd imagine we will get new info in the few days. :)

Con has been over for a few days. Still waiting. :(

Con is well over, but the producer (me) landed back in Vancouver with some sort of ebola virus, which floored me for all of last week, and now I'm mostly up and around and playing catch up.

You'll all be happy to know I've got a DevDiary from our lead programmer in my hot (non-feverish) little hands and will be posting it soon.

As well, I think there are some video interviews with the lead designer coming out soon, so hang tight!

Con is well over, but the producer (me) landed back in Vancouver with some sort of ebola virus, which floored me for all of last week, and now I'm mostly up and around and playing catch up.

You'll all be happy to know I've got a DevDiary from our lead programmer in my hot (non-feverish) little hands and will be posting it soon.

As well, I think there are some video interviews with the lead designer coming out soon, so hang tight!

Woot! Hope you get well soon. :)

Dev dairies are all well and good. Just don't let them interfere with efforts to get the new game out by September.

We must observe the proprieties, if you please.

quietman2.jpg

If you don't get it, watch more John Wayne.:cool:

I won't lie... that was the worst flu I've had in awhile. Not that it lasted this long - rather it knocked me down for a week, I spent a week wobbling around trying to catch up on work in the office... mostly I'm annoyed how badly it pulled me from the loop.

BUT never fear - the dev diaries are coming. Some small changes (nothing to do with my bleh time) have moved things a bit, but they are still coming.

In the meantime, I'm here, and will answer things as best I can, when I can, when it doesn't cut into the cool info of a dev diary. For example, Polar Mongoose, yes, we've made some changes to upgrades - all weapon turrets can now be upgraded, in a logical fashion, to allow you to move up and down in a weapon family, but not across to another, incompatible weapon family. A lot of people wanted more weapons upgrade control than just automatically upgrading missiles, so this moves things in that direction without it turning into a logistical (not to mention logical) nightmare.

I won't lie... that was the worst flu I've had in awhile. Not that it lasted this long - rather it knocked me down for a week, I spent a week wobbling around trying to catch up on work in the office... mostly I'm annoyed how badly it pulled me from the loop.

BUT never fear - the dev diaries are coming. Some small changes (nothing to do with my bleh time) have moved things a bit, but they are still coming.

In the meantime, I'm here, and will answer things as best I can, when I can, when it doesn't cut into the cool info of a dev diary. For example, Polar Mongoose, yes, we've made some changes to upgrades - all weapon turrets can now be upgraded, in a logical fashion, to allow you to move up and down in a weapon family, but not across to another, incompatible weapon family. A lot of people wanted more weapons upgrade control than just automatically upgrading missiles, so this moves things in that direction without it turning into a logistical (not to mention logical) nightmare.

Great. Was a bit silly to do a whole new generation of ships just to switch the laser turrets to a newer model. :)

glad your back and Okay, and I can see what you mean about logical upgrades, though I would propose that it should be more about time spent in dry dock than anything, depending on how a Mount is, you can upgrade a lot of different weapon systems on current ships/planes and such, without redesigning the entire vehicle, look at the Stryker units... I think they can come with Missile mounts chainguns or even antivehicle armorment.

I was reading the Wiki and was wondering if the new armor penetration model was inspired by the super hardcore 4x Aurora?