• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there a boxed version of this game? If there is, are there any sites to get it from like Play.com?
I don't think a boxed release was ever planned - only digital download is available, I'm afraid.

I just bought this game

From impulse, just to discover that I must install it from their site.
A part that it is taking ages to download (most probably because of my bad line) , I will not have a file to save to a cd and re install when I need it ? What happens if impulse shuts down tomorrow ?
I'm starting getting furious, I legally bought with legal money all europe universalis games, crusaders kings, what did I buy this time ? Air ?An internet connection ?

From impulse, just to discover that I must install it from their site.
A part that it is taking ages to download (most probably because of my bad line) , I will not have a file to save to a cd and re install when I need it ? What happens if impulse shuts down tomorrow ?
I'm starting getting furious, I legally bought with legal money all europe universalis games, crusaders kings, what did I buy this time ? Air ?An internet connection ?

Impulse is part of Stardock a Software Company that also devolopes and distributes games, its main activity is software developement not game developement. Stardock is not going anywhere soon.

i bought it today at gamestop today. they "delievered" version 1.0 where 1.2 ist out for months now. can not upgrade it to version 1.2 by myself neither, it keeps saying "game is not installed".

i bought it today at gamestop today. they "delievered" version 1.0 where 1.2 ist out for months now. can not upgrade it to version 1.2 by myself neither, it keeps saying "game is not installed".
Huh. I was only kind of vaguely aware that GameStop was even selling it; I wonder if Paradox forgot to deliver the patch to them.

In the meantime, try the patches that luk3Z generously volunteered to package up as simple archive files here (in 7zip format, I believe).

Wish to buy it

Hello! I found the game with a good price on impulsedriven.com. The game once bought - you can only download it.
So, where should I find the license to registrate my copy?
Thank you!

You get game registration keys from the place you buy the game.

Will it come in the same time (in the same package like an archive) or should i ask for it?
With Steam and GamersGate the key is available from your library on their websites, alongside the game itself. How Impulse do it I have no idea.
Hi, if i buy ftg from any service in 1st post, will I get the key? (for registration this forum)
You are certainly supposed to. That said I've never heard of many of those; either you should ask them before buying, or play it safe and get it from Steam or GG.

• 1Like
Reactions: