• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hey. When I colonize those lands as Genoa so the province defects to me, does culture and religion flip to mine like they were empty spots in America? Wonder if I can make Crimea Lombard that way. :)

It'd also make Byzantines so much more fun allowing for Greek Syria, Persia and Egypt in the long run.

Have you done anything about the fact that naval tradition is impossible to get?
This means a)you can NEVER get any good admirals and b)all the advisors that need naval tradition (that h ave nothing to do with the navy) are unobtainable.
Explore, build an admirality, take the appropriate NI. Hardly "impossible" in my worldview.

Hey. When I colonize those lands as Genoa so the province defects to me, does culture and religion flip to mine like they were empty spots in America? Wonder if I can make Crimea Lombard that way. :)

Nope, you need to convert them etc.

Also I should point out I am MOS in the screenshot in the OP, GEN took advantage of me beating the snot out of GOL and colonising their centeral area.

Have you done anything about the fact that naval tradition is impossible to get?
This means a)you can NEVER get any good admirals and b)all the advisors that need naval tradition (that h ave nothing to do with the navy) are unobtainable.

In my games, when you start exploring, your naval tradition raises to 40-50 minimum in little time. Other thing is, if you don't use your fleet or if you don't explore... how do you expect to get your population good at sailing?

The same with army tradition. If you're a peaceful non-fighting nation, how can you expect to raise decent generals? It's the same thing, don't you think?

If your going to be adding provinces, perhaps thiswould be the time to add the much needed provinces in Romania.

As it is, Wallachia and especially Moldova are very poor, weak easy pushovers. They shouldn't be. I have found by modding the WWM mod, that adding a few provinces(that should be there anyway), the principalities have a much more "correct" game.

If your interested, I can share what my changes.

Looks pretty good - nice to hear of the loading hhints, though I never noticed the absence. ;)

EDIT: By which I mean, I thought that EU3's was fine and that other games had gone too far into the loading screen detail. :p

I see that pesky Fog drifting in from the west, now would I be right in thinking that because it has a texture you can adjust its strength or even change its appearance.

Heh, people will be forced to play less gamey and less WC oriented.
Thank you Romtos, you just made me realize why I now love this specific feature! :D

By the way, as for a "court", I always thought that only three slots was a tad bit cheap.
I've always wondered what it would be like if we had, say, 6 or 8 slots (obviously with the modifiers of the advisors drastically reduced).
I hope it would allow for more multitasking and a court that looks like one. It'd be great to act as if plots are on the way in AARs, for instance.
Although with the advisors greatly reduced, I'd cap for 3 advisors of the same type in the 8 slots, to model your new limitation.

Genoa is colonizing the poor horde in the screenshot. To stop them the Golden Horde either must regain military control of the province or force genoa to peace which automatically burns Genoas colonies. This is rather unlikely to happen atm though since the Golden Horde borders 2 player nations and are in quite bad shape :)

I concur. How to get rid of my infamy without 3 top level diplomats? :(

Love the rest, though. ;)

Edit:
Let me make that a question to the devs:
Is the "one advisor of each type limit" hard coded or can we change it?

Have to say I am loving this change.

Yes it will make it harder but it will allow me to experiment a bit more with different advisers rather than only having diplomats virtually 100% of the time.

This is the worst change ever :mad:

Ooh, something someone thinks is worse than the Unlawful Territory penalty.:D

Think of it this way: having more than one advisor trying to have an impact on the same thing just makes for infighting as each one tries to sabotage the other(s), rendering all of them useless.

-Pat

Heh, people will be forced to play less gamey and less WC oriented.
Thank you Romtos, you just made me realize why I now love this specific feature! :D

By the way, as for a "court", I always thought that only three slots was a tad bit cheap.
I've always wondered what it would be like if we had, say, 6 or 8 slots (obviously with the modifiers of the advisors drastically reduced).
I hope it would allow for more multitasking and a court that looks like one. It'd be great to act as if plots are on the way in AARs, for instance.
Although with the advisors greatly reduced, I'd cap for 3 advisors of the same type in the 8 slots, to model your new limitation.

Actually that leads to a question have advisers been changed? or does the Production tech adviser still give a fixed bonus to production making him pretty useless for large rich empires?