• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Neocore_Kate

Major
11 Badges
Dec 2, 2009
www.neocoregames.com
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • King Arthur II
  • Lead and Gold
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
Last week GDN has launched a series of articles about Lionheart: Kings' Crusade gameplay tips / strategy guide. Each week a new article gets published with many useful tips for the game. You can find the first part here:

http://www.gamersdailynews.com/arti...ade-Gameplay-tips--Strategy-Guide-Part-1.html

"Gamers Daily News has teamed up with Neocore Games and Paradox Interactive to help you get the most out of your Lionheart: Kings’ Crusade experience. This series of tips will run every week and give you insight, right from the developers, on how best to approach the game, some tricks on surviving and succeeding and whatever else we can manage to get from them. Since some strategy games can prove to ramp up difficulty quickly, it’s always nice to have that extra edge to take out the competition. Enjoy!

-Christophor Rick, CEO GDN"

If you'd like to share gameplay tips with others feel free to do so in this thread.

/Kate

Last edited:
And the second part was also published today.

"The most important and complex phase of Lionheart: Kings’ Crusade begins when you lead your armies into real-time battles. In this part of the strategy guide you will read some tips regarding unit formations and we’ll also share some ideas about how to use your archers, heavy infantry and knights in the battles."

You can read the article here:

http://www.gamersdailynews.com/arti...ade-Gameplay-tips--Strategy-Guide-Part-2.html

Hope you'll find it useful.

/Kate

Last edited:
The third part of the Lionheart Gameplay tips was published on Friday at GDN.

"Last week we shared some ideas about how to fight with archers and heavy armored units. While they are very useful and indispensable in the battles, they are only one half of the whole fun. This time we’ll have a look at the guys in the light armor."

Christophor, the CEO of GDN applied these tips to a demo scenario as well, you'll find the article and the result of the scenario here:

http://www.gamersdailynews.com/arti...ade-Gameplay-tips--Strategy-Guide-Part-3.html

Please share your thoughts with us regarding the Lionheart Gameplay Tips article series:

Do you find these tips useful?
Have you got burning questions in regards to strategy?
Do you need a strategy tip for a specific level in Lionheart?

Let us know what you think.

/Kate

Do you find these tips useful?

/Kate

I would like to know the difference between Trebuchets and catapults - both are siege engines, Trebuchets are 4 points while Catapults only 3 points when I place them on the siege points outside of Acre and both destroy walls. Catapults have a higher ranged attack rating - is there any reason to use Trebuchets despite the higher price, lower ranged attack rating and as it seems to me lower range?

Last edited:

/Kate

Questions about your standing with the 4 factions in the game:
e.g. in the first mission you gain 1 point with the Papacy.

How much influence with the factions can you actually gain in the game? Is it possible at the end of the game to have all advantages of all 4 factions completely?
Or, if that is not possible, how much influence can you win in the game so that I can plan beforehand what advantages of what faction are most valuable to me so that I can select the choices accordingly?

Edit: I´m near the end of my first campaign as crusaders on normal and there - regarless what action you chose in events - can´t ever get the maximum benefits of all 4 factions. Unless the plugin-DLC´s change something about that, one has to consider which end-benefit of which faction is the least valuable and go for the others.

Last edited: