• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(10338)

First Lieutenant
Jul 23, 2002
Visit site
does iron cross work with the aod steam version...somewhere in a thread it said no..? but i can not find that one again to see if it is just one person or if it affects all..thanks

I would imagine that the game files aren't very different. You would just install Iron Cross wherever Steam put the AoD game files, steamapps/Arsenal of Democracy or something like that.

I don't know for certain, I don't have the Steam version of AoD. I use Gamersgate.

Yes, it does work I have done so myself.

You have to find the AoD game files located in the Steam Directory. I suggest copying those files to another location and applying IC to that so you have both games on your HD.

I personally have been having nothing but problems installing Iron Cross with AoD from steam. what exactly did you do to make this work?

I bought the game a second time from Gamersgate, since I could not get any response on fixing AoD from Steam, and it stopped working when I installed Iron Cross over it. The AoD patches are downloaded separately on Gamersgate, so I stopped patching at 1.04. Maybe I will try 1.05 later, and I can always redownload from GG if there are problems.

Now I must say that I have bought over a dozen games from Steam and never had a problem until AoD.

Henri

I have partially resolved the problem, it´s like a mod you have to make a iron cross folder in your aod folder and then install the game after when launching the game with steam you go to properties, launch settings, and you type iron cross or wathever you have called the folder.
The only problem now is that when i click on a scenario in the game the game stops working....