• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The VIP mod will lag a fair bit compared to plain Revolutions. This is due to it's event-intensive nature (the only way we could make it how it is, really). Try playing the VIP:R Lite campaign as it has no flavour events, so should run a little bit quicker.

That is very odd. :wacko: I'm not sure exactly why that would happen, besides yourself buying goods for hte mobilisation pool (but in which case you should not be receiving money, but spending it).

I happened very fast, but what I noticed was that my exports just went through the roof for a short, but very profitable time.... (yes, I kept the money) I think the time line was around 1846 or so. Things are back to normal now.

Having a pretty good game as Germany. It's now around 1926 and I'm having a heck of a time getting a better score that the UK. But, it's a little hard when the other guy has a pop of over 664,000,000 and they have a tax rate of 100% on the poor, and yet get no rebellions.... Also, I now have large land holding in Africa, but as far as I can tell, no Germans have ever moved there, and we've been there over 40 yrs now? My pop is around 160,000,000. The game is running well, and I've had no CTD.

I've been playing a lot more Victoria after getting it again with my Steam purchase of Victoria 2, and was pleased to discover that a new VIP was out since last I'd played. My current game is as a mostly peaceful, industrializing Bavaria, and have managed to build up a nice web of alliances and survive until the turn of the century. However, each time I've loaded my save recently, I get CTDs within a few months. I'm thinking that it's most likely an event problem, but I have no idea. I'm posting the save at the link below if anyone wants to take a look at it.

Thank you all for your hard work; VIP has long been one of my favorite modifications for any game.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FTXXX79C

Last edited:
Well I've played until 1907 and had no crashes myself. After these crashes, what does it say at the end of the "history.txt" file?

It looks to me like it's something that's going wrong with the peace deal. Here are the last few lines:

history.txt said:
1904-06-17 : July 18, 1904 : Switzerland had Albert Einstein

1904-06-19 : July 20, 1904 : We concluded a diplomatic deal with Germany.

1904-06-22 : July 23, 1904 : We have finished improving our railroad in München.

1904-07-11 : August 12, 1904 : We have finished improving our railroad in Ingolstadt.

1904-07-12 : August 13, 1904 : USA had The Olympic Games - St. Louis

1904-07-19 : August 20, 1904 : We have finished improving our railroad in Landshut.

1904-07-25 : August 26, 1904 : Political Lobbying happened to us.

1904-08-06 : September 7, 1904 : Sociology happened to us.

1904-08-07 : September 8, 1904 : Light Cruisers happened to us.

1904-08-10 : September 11, 1904 : Germany accepted peace with United Kingdom on the following terms : Silinodan to United Kingdom, Mandao to United Kingdom, The Marshalls to United Kingdom, Nauru to United Kingdom, New Ireland to United Kingdom, Samoa to United Kingdom, New Britain to United Kingdom, Bouro to United Kingdom, Jilolo to United Kingdom, Bougainville to United Kingdom, Karema to United Kingdom, Kilwa Kivinje to United Kingdom, Mahenge to United Kingdom, Lindi to United Kingdom, Kangomba to United Kingdom, Windhoek to United Kingdom, Grootfontein to United Kingdom, Songea to United Kingdom, Kribi to United Kingdom, Yaonde to United Kingdom, Swakopmund to United Kingdom, Bamenda to France, Ujiji to United Kingdom, Morogoro to United Kingdom, Tabora to United Kingdom, Dar es Salaam to United Kingdom, Livingstone to United Kingdom, Bornma to United Kingdom, Goxas to United Kingdom, Stolzenfels to United Kingdom, Schuckmannsburg to United Kingdom, Angra Pequeña to United Kingdom, Okavarona to United Kingdom, Doume to France, Duala to United Kingdom, Tanga to United Kingdom, West New Guinea to United Kingdom, North New Guinea to United Kingdom, Ngaoundere to France, Mwanza to United Kingdom, Kigali to United Kingdom, Mayane to United Kingdom, Mporokoso to United Kingdom, Buea to United Kingdom, Maranda to United Kingdom & Bulawayo to United Kingdom.

That's unfortuante. Maybe I'll just edit the save to end the war and give the UK some of Germany's territory. If that works, hopefully I'll be able to finish the game.

Are you using Vista??

Why do culture events never fire for me? (playings as uncivved China)
Is it because they have a death date so close to the start date?
#########################################################################
# Romanticist Music
#########################################################################
event = {
id = 402
random = no
invention = yes

trigger = {
technology = 4002

}

name = "EVT_402_NAME"
desc = "EVT_402_DESC"
style = 0

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1850 }
offset = 15
deathdate = { day = 30 month = december year = 1850 }

action_a = {
name = "OK"
command = { type = prestige value = 20 }
command = { type = prestige_mod value = 2 }
}

Am I reading this event right? That we only have a year to get this tech?

Are you using Vista??

Nah, I'm using Windows 7.

Also, I just wanted to say that I edited the save to give the UK most of Germany's colonies (and end their war), and have been able to keep playing past that point.

It's 1923 now and I'm entrenched within the Entente and have, alongside Russia, France, the UK, and a fascist Austria, beaten Germany in two Great Wars now. I took enough territory to rightfully call myself the "Süddeutsches Republik." Germany's populace, struck with hopelessness and revanchism, elected a fascist dictatorship.

Interesting parallels to the real world.

Why do culture events never fire for me? (playings as uncivved China)
Is it because they have a death date so close to the start date?

Am I reading this event right? That we only have a year to get this tech?

It would seem logical that there should only be a prestige award for discovering a cultural tech when it is not already old fashioned. I could see giving the mod boost to latecomers (more tools in the PR chest).

Untitled.png

easy to fix

Accepting the Megali Idea as Greece reduces relations with Ha'il, not Ottomans, I doubt that's intentional.

Also, here is a strange screenshot from a game as Korea.

clipboard02bgg.jpg