• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad; I like to see as much of the map as possible, but I also need to see the provinces and who owns/controls what. I'll have to play like I did in EU1, constantly switching back and forth between terrain and political modes.

-Pat

So we could be looking (double-negatives aside) at something in the region of 50-100 new provinces? I'll second calls that some of these go to India and China. Don't want to see Japan get too much of an advantage (once unified that is).

The new sprites look amazing. Can't wait to see what the non-Japanese ones look like.

It does indeed look like DW will have the same message system as Vicky 2. Can't say I'm that excited by that as I generally only notice them every once in a while.

It does indeed look like DW will have the same message system as Vicky 2. Can't say I'm that excited by that as I generally only notice them every once in a while.

The same for me, but that's already more than I noticed the announcements at the bottom in EU3. I generally hide those.

The new sprites look amazing. Can't wait to see what the non-Japanese ones look like.

The amusing thing is the fact the Western Powers has them. :rofl:
(those Japanese sprites are from Vicky 2)

I am liking much of what I am seeing though, so good work there.

I noticed with the India screenshot, there is the province number listed underneath it. Will the province number be available in the full release (with command code or otherwise) ?

It was annoying when I was modding that I had to keep looking in game, alt+tab, open province file, then ctrl+f, and input the name to try to find out the number, then alt+tab back in the game, and repeat. When having the number there means I can write it down then quickly do the changes.
(It was far more worse in HoI3 though, due to vast number of provinces there)

All is good but I don't understand why do we have map that looks like this on the zoom out. Those lines look like something from the 20th century map.

To make it look like you have just got a real map out.

I love Paradox and I love EU3 !!! first time I played EU3 I was wondering why did I buy this game cause I couldnt understand it but now I think its the best and the most fun game I ever played !!!

My thoughts on the new political map:

cat_its_beautiful.jpg

Cannot wait for next wednesday :(

OMZ THE SWIS GARDZ LUK LIK TEH SAMARY!!!1!!! TIS BOKED GIVS ME MY MONEY BAK!!!!11!!!

Actually it looks great, as you'd expect given what V2 looks like. Nice to see some of the interface improvements make it through, too. That said, an expansion will really need some nice, meaty mechanics to make it worthwhile - let's see what you've come up with for us :)

Nice, really nice.

Modder's question : how different are the map files ? what amount of work should we expect to port mod maps ? ... let's say the MEIOU map ? :D

It's... beautiful.
@gigau, I'd expect it to be just a resizing of the map files. Personally, I will just redo the TDY's 100 new provinces. But MEIOU has a bit more... ;)

The minimap isn't updated yet, I see.

Nice, really nice.

Modder's question : how different are the map files ? what amount of work should we expect to port mod maps ? ... let's say the MEIOU map ? :D

Shouldn't be that hard, but resolution is 3x in height/width. We also removed topology iirc.

Nice, really nice.

now wouldn't it be nice if pdox allowed people some earlier access to the mapfiles once those are finished... to speed up conversion :D

Status
Not open for further replies.