• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Paradox handles the publishing end of things, and the only news I've heard is what I posted several weeks ago -- they sent it to Steam when they sent it to Gamersgate.

I've officially complained to Steam over 2 weeks ago about the lack of update. Now that I've got a 2nd copy of the game and installed it on my SSD instead of my HDD I must point out the UNBELIEVABLE change in performance. There was never a performance drop on my computer on the HDD during the game, it's an utter beast of a machine... but it still took 10 seconds or so to load the title screen or a game. Now it takes less than a second. Brilliant. I know that wasn't on topic but I'm just saying that SSD = win for FTG

It's been several weeks now- is there anything about getting a Steam patch out that can be reported?
You'll need to ask them, it's entirely out of Paradox's hands.

I have asked them yesterday and received this answer:
Hello Alexey, Thank you for contacting Steam Support. Patches for third party games can only be distributed through Steam once the following two actions have occurred: (1) The Publisher has provided us with the necessary files (2) The Publisher has given us permission to release the update The latest patches will be released as soon as possible, and will be downloaded automatically when available. If you have questions about the availability of a specific patch, please contact the support department for the game in question. Your patience is appreciated, please let us know if you have any other questions.
So both of these actions happened.

Actually if one of their distributors is failing to provide their products with all of their updates on time and efficiently I believe that to be entirely their problem. One should not use game distribution sources if becoming so wholly unreliable.

Actually if one of their distributors is failing to provide their products with all of their updates on time and efficiently I believe that to be entirely their problem. One should not use game distribution sources if becoming so wholly unreliable.
Hard to know that when buying the game.

Impulse has always been good with the lack of DRM and updates to their games. I didn't expect them to just blow FTG off like this. It annoys me and they have lost a customer.

Hard to know that when buying the game.

Impulse has always been good with the lack of DRM and updates to their games. I didn't expect them to just blow FTG off like this. It annoys me and they have lost a customer.

Steam won't lose me as a customer because the rest of their service is often so brilliant. I love my games coming straight off the internet so easily and so quickly :/ It's a shame about FTG though.

In any case, it would be nice if someone at Paradox could contact Steam with a message like "so, uh, we sent you a patch for FTG more than a month ago, why is it not up yet? Our customers are complaining." That would be much better than just saying "we sent it, it's their problem, we wash our hands".

Last edited:
Any chance we could get the patch in rar format, that way those of us who have the steam version can still get all the benefits of 1.2?

I will check again and see if there is anything I can do.

Thanks