• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Lovin' it

Hi Rens!

Just jumping back into P-dox games after a hiatus (military deployments will do that!), and I find my favorite AAR (Fire Warms) hugely extended, and you've started writing one for HOI3. Yay! Great to read more from the master.

VL

Last edited:
Yes, I was referring to both the quality of the gameplay and fiction updates, as both are of a very high standard :)

Working for Paradox again, are we? I wonder whether it may not have to do with a time whence Portugal woke up with the realization it was no longer an Empire and would be nevermore ;)

Thank you, Lordban! I definitely enjoy the writing of fiction more than of gameplay, but of course gameplay is easier and faster.

Yes, I wonder how Portugal would do in that timeframe... Perhaps I'll get to see!

Hi Rens!

Just jumping back into P-dox games after a hiatus (military deployments will do that!), and I find my favorite AAR (Fire Warms) hugely extended, and you've started writing one for HOI3. Yay! Great to read more from the master.

VL
Welcome, Von Lippe! To this one... and also welcome back to Fire Warms!

I guess I hadn't realized you hadn't finished Fire Warms. If it appears "hugely extended" then you probably have the best parts of the story ahead of you. Pages 65 - 153 probably contain my best writing of the whole story, and they were posted in only about a 6-month period (from December 2005 - June 2006). I don't remember the last time you posted in Fire Warms, but if you missed this period, you missed alot! :D

Thanks again!

Rensslaer

Spreading the Hope of "Portuguese / Lusitanos"

First of all, Thanks so much for your post, Rensslear.
I know you aren't Portuguese but you spread some of the Portuguese spirit in this post..hehe:rofl:

I'm Portuguese and with this post i will try to participate a lot more in this forum,However my English is not the best:wacko:
In this game HOI is very difficult to grow Portugal empire. But is fabulous how you show in this AAR. I passed many time trying to make it but searching with another strategy and always unlucky to grow up so fast, was by economy.
With this AAR is really a good help to know how to manage the Portuguese empire. I'm curious if is enough to grow and reach a size of an mid size country or even a big country and have the chance to resist to the allies attack?:confused:

Before know this forum i was weak :( and didn't believe in this game was possible to reach a good size to defeat the allies with Portugal. I only have a good performance when i resourced to Modding :(. Unbeliever was the time I spend studying history and documents of Portugal during WW2 to do a realistic modding but I didn't know how to do in some matters.
I suppose is not correct asking help for modding in this post. But how is to be a realistic and show what Portugal deserve, I wonder if its possible?..:confused:

Meantime i will try like this AAR grow up the "IMPÉRIO NOVO" of Portugal and once on the life, change the way of Portugal back to glory and not stay in the actual position. I will follow this post that i even didn't have time to read all of it and try to help when needed.. :cool:

Waiting for your answer.
Once again, thanks for you post and Good Life to "Império Novo"..hehe:p

MavGaz

Update!
dictator3xh.gif

Very interesting AAR you maybe can control the world whit the small country of Portugal

this has some serious potential- always fun to see a minor AAR, and the level of support is pretty impressive already. Subscribed!

Wow!

I fell over this and just read the whole thing in one go. It's great writing and great playing. I'm really impressed by how well you've done with portugal. I haven't played HOI3 for a couple of months but this really made me wanna play again (probably gonna buy SF first).
The only problem with this is that I should be writing my final assignment, and now you've made me spend my entire evening and night on this instead.

Really hopes this isn't dead!
Subscribed

In this game HOI is very difficult to grow Portugal empire. But is fabulous how you show in this AAR. I passed many time trying to make it but searching with another strategy and always unlucky to grow up so fast, was by economy.

With this AAR is really a good help to know how to manage the Portuguese empire. I'm curious if is enough to grow and reach a size of an mid size country or even a big country and have the chance to resist to the allies attack?:confused:

Meantime i will try like this AAR grow up the "IMPÉRIO NOVO" of Portugal and once on the life, change the way of Portugal back to glory and not stay in the actual position. I will follow this post that i even didn't have time to read all of it and try to help when needed.. :cool:

Waiting for your answer.
Once again, thanks for you post and Good Life to "Império Novo"..hehe:p

MavGaz
Thanks, MavGaz, and officially Welcome! I hope you're having good fortune with your Portugal game, and glad I was able to help!

Hi to all,

I've read the whole AAR in 3 Days now and are really entertained.

Hope for an update of the epic struggle.

Phelan
That's great to hear! Welcome, Phelan! Three days to read? That's not too bad... You should try reading Fire Warms (my old Victoria AAR)! That'll take longer. :D

Great to see you're following along, Cthulhu! I'm hoping to have time to catch up on your Rodina story, too. Many things left to do, once I finish with Victoria! Welcome!

The Great Old One demandeth it!:eek:
Obey or be forced to obey! :p

Good that I have no AAR of my own I'd had to update. :D

Rensslaer, do you have any ambitious plans, like such as to update someday some of your AARs? :cool:
Ha! :D Very funny.

If you DID have your own AAR to update, you wouldn't have recently reached 16,000 posts!!! :eek: So choose between time to wander and time to create. :) I would love to see an AAR, but that postcount is pretty breathtaking!

My intention is to update 2 or 3 of my AARs in the next two months, but no promises as to when. I'm up to my eyeballs in assignments, so....

This is great so far. That a nation like Portugal isn't reduced to insignificance in Africa by now is a worthy achievement all by itself.

subscribed
Floris! Great to see you again -- Welcome to my new AAR! Thanks! I appreciate your praise. I'm itching to get back to it, when I have time.

Very interesting AAR you maybe can control the world whit the small country of Portugal
Welcome, Tule91! Controlling the world??? Hmm.... I know of a few great powers who might have problems with that. I'll be lucky just go get on the British Isles! But it won't hurt to try if my allies soften them up... :D

this has some serious potential- always fun to see a minor AAR, and the level of support is pretty impressive already. Subscribed!
Thanks! Welcome, Screamingeagle! I do really enjoy playing minors. I even tried Afghanistan once, in Victoria!

Wow!

I fell over this and just read the whole thing in one go. It's great writing and great playing. I'm really impressed by how well you've done with portugal. I haven't played HOI3 for a couple of months but this really made me wanna play again (probably gonna buy SF first).
The only problem with this is that I should be writing my final assignment, and now you've made me spend my entire evening and night on this instead.

Really hopes this isn't dead!
Subscribed
Thanks, Tahlas! And Welcome!

Yes, HOI is really a neat game, and I'm looking forward to having time to play again. Sorry about your assignment! Hope you got it in in time! :D

Nope, this is not dead. Just in temporary hiatus until I can get time to work on it again.

Many of you may know this, but I'm busy with the Strategy Guide for Victoria 2. That, in itself, is quite fun to be working on, but it does kind of monopolise my time. Come August, I hope to be back at this.

I haven't decided yet if I'll be doing a Victoria AAR. I suppose I probably will -- I always do! But this won't get put by the wayside just because of that.

Looking forward to entertaining you again in the relatively near future. Thank you -- I really appreciate the recent attention, even though I haven't been updating!

Rensslaer

Good to hear from you, Rens. I'm sure we'll forgive the delay given the vital work you're doing ! Very much looking forward to Vicky 2, having only recently had a go with Vicky 1.

Good to hear from you, Rens. I'm sure we'll forgive the delay given the vital work you're doing ! Very much looking forward to Vicky 2, having only recently had a go with Vicky 1.

Vicky 1 was great -- Vicky 2 will be amazing! :)

You'll enjoy. Have fun with Vicky 1 meantime! Still a great game.

Rensslaer

Finally caught up :) Great AAR so far, i haven't tried to play one of the "small" partners in HOI3 yet, but i might just give it a go after i've seen how good your actually doing in your game!

Hi Rensslaer

After hearing about your AAR a few days ago I've managed to read all the way through and I've been very impressed. Great AARing and incredible gameplay. Your tactics were extremely successful and you've done the Portuguese proud. Shame that this is over though, I would have enjoyed seeing Portugal continue its campaign in Africa and Asia.

Finally caught up :) Great AAR so far, i haven't tried to play one of the "small" partners in HOI3 yet, but i might just give it a go after i've seen how good your actually doing in your game!

Excellent! Glad you enjoyed it, and happy to hear that I've inspired you. I really had a blast, and I'm looking forward to continuing with one of the later patches.

Manual soon ready? :p
Indeed! In fact, it's done, and I'm working on the Strategy Guide now.

Hi Rensslaer

After hearing about your AAR a few days ago I've managed to read all the way through and I've been very impressed. Great AARing and incredible gameplay. Your tactics were extremely successful and you've done the Portuguese proud. Shame that this is over though, I would have enjoyed seeing Portugal continue its campaign in Africa and Asia.

Thanks, Tommy4ever! And Welcome! I really appreciate your kind words.

Good news.... It's NOT over! :D I'm just on hiatus, while waiting for time to work on finishing the AAR. Victoria 2 is keeping me quite occupied. But I do have a fair amount of this AAR already played forward, and waiting to be put on "paper" here, while I also want to continue playing from where I've gotten to, and so I will proceed from there using a later patch.

If you would like something to occupy you while waiting for Victoria 2 (this is for anyone, if you like!), might I recommend my Victoria 1 AAR Fire Warms the Northern Lands? You can find a link in my .sig or on my Inkwell Page, where you'll also find links to other of my AARs, such as my Alexander Hamilton one (Castles in the Sky - sadly unfinished). Fire Warms the Northern Lands (a V1 Prussia AAR) was for a long time the longest and most popular Victoria AAR. Tallfellow (above) has actually read it an impressive 3 times!!! :eek: :D

Thanks, Tommy, for your interest!

And thanks, Tallfellow, for your amazing readership!

Rensslaer

Excellent! Glad you enjoyed it, and happy to hear that I've inspired you. I really had a blast, and I'm looking forward to continuing with one of the later patches.
Rensslaer

Well i've always enjoyed your AAR's (I've read all of them, even finished Fire Warms the Northern Lands for the fourth time a couple of days)

And i have a tendency to play German in the HOI games :) But i'm going to give one of the small countries a chance after reading this AAR :)

But have to split my game time between HOI3 and Victoria, because i felt a sudden urge to play it again after reading Fire warms :)

Last edited:
Is it safe? Is it alright?

Well i've always enjoyed your AAR's (I've read all of them, even finished Fire Warms the Northern Lands for the fourth time a couple of days)

And i have a tendency to play German in the HOI games :) But i'm going to give one of the small countries a chance after reading this AAR :)

But have to split my game time between HOI3 and Victoria, because i felt a sudden urge to play it again after reading Fire warms :)

Thank you, Tallfellow! I really appreciate your readership! A fourth time through Fire Warms is pretty incredible -- that's a LONG story! :D

Good to hear about Victoria. Have you played V2 yet? I've got my new AAR going over there -- I Am Siam -- which is really fun.

Is it safe? Is it alright?

Welcome, Ruunu! Actually, I'm going to try to do an update this week sometime! Get back into this. Definitely not dead.

Thanks for your readership! Any new readers?

Rensslaer