• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(94014)

Corporal
5 Badges
Mar 3, 2008
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
So, I tried installing 0.4 on my new Mac, I used the Mac installation file and all, and for some reason, the game did not work. I tried to drag the un-zipped folders over the ones of the normal game like it says to do, and it appeared that there wasn't enough space. It's too bad, because I really love this game on my PC. What would you recommend I do? Oh, and I should say I re-installed the game so that now I have V:R v. 2.1.

I guess I moved the whole subfolders, and I think two of them wouldn't fit in the regular game folders (gfx and scenarios, if I'm not mistaken). How should I do it?

You should not copy any folders or subfolders, just files from them. For example, files from VIPR 0.4/gfx/map/shields go to Victoria Data Files/gfx/map/shields, overwriting existing files when necessary.

Last edited:
So basically, I would have to copy each small file one by one?
You shouldn't have to. All that should happen is that you install it to your directory so that the folders merge with existing folders and then overwrite any existing files. I have no idea why it wouldn't work like that unless you have got the wrong directory.

I haven't got a Mac myself, but perhaps there is some control thing (similar to UAC for Windows) which is preventing the easy transfer of files to your selected directory?

So basically, I would have to copy each small file one by one?

that's what you do, yes. you can move all files in a folder to the target folder at once but you have to do it for every single folder. simply overwriting the folder will have the consequence that the old folder is deleted -> some files missing...

i assume that there's a way to avoid that but i don't know how. although i have a mac too. stupid me :p

Alrite, thanks guys, I'll give it a shot. It's quite a bit easier on PCs, I wish Macs were as "Paradox-savvy" haha.

It still isn't working. I think I successfully overwrote all the files up until the "scenarios" folder. It's one of the main folders, and I just don't know how to fit VIP files into that one in a way that would overwrite the vanilla files in a clean way. So, any suggestions? Or, is there anyone who has actually installed VIP 0.4 on a Mac and knows how to do it cleanly?

Installing 0.4 on a Mac

I'm successfully running VIP:R 0.4 + VIP:R 0.4 Hotfix 1 on my Mac.

Just be absolutely clinically accurate in ONLY copying across FILES not folders, otherwise you can accidentally overwrite existing files.

I made a separate clean install of Victoria, upgraded to Revolutions 2.01, then copied over the files from VIP:R 0.4, and then the files from VIP:R 0.4 Hotfix 1. Worked first time.

As with other Mods I've run (e.g. the Compendium mod for HOI2) it helps to view both source and destination folders side-by-side in list view, with contents ordered by KIND so you can check if there are any sub-folders you might not see initially.

Ok, I'll give it a shot...what's the ditto command thing by the way? For now, I'm just going to select all the files (at once, with command or control or whatever the button is) from the VIP folder and insert them into the respective folder. Anyways, thanks for the advice, I'll post my results soon.

Hey thanks so much to frinobulax and vinc, my VIP is working! I'm pretty excited to start a new game as Prussia and see what happens. The only odd thing about the game is that a lot of the uncivilized nations in the game are just colored black in Political Map mode. It seems to be that the major countries are normal, but almost all of Africa and some of Asia and Oceania are just colored black haha. Not a big deal though, I'm just happy to have the game working.