• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Great work you have here. Just finished reading all of it and this aar really took me in the forrests of Transylvania, the mountains of Greece,the jungles of Central America and the desert of the Middle East. I could also hear the battle drums and smell the gunpowder when reading about those epic battles. You brought to life this alternative world. Reading this inspired me to write my own aar and allready I have my first update, but I don't think I will post it. Anyway ... keep it up, I'm really interested to see what is Akos planning next.

Great work you have here. Just finished reading all of it and this aar really took me in the forrests of Transylvania, the mountains of Greece,the jungles of Central America and the desert of the Middle East. I could also hear the battle drums and smell the gunpowder when reading about those epic battles. You brought to life this alternative world. Reading this inspired me to write my own aar and allready I have my first update, but I don't think I will post it. Anyway ... keep it up, I'm really interested to see what is Akos planning next.

Well said! It's a work of beauty, isn't it? :D

Are you gonna go after those filthy, filthy Italians? :D

Hmmm, maybe :cool:

You cannot be serious.

KILL THE BETRAYERS OF GOD, EMPEROR AND HOLY TRANSYLVANIA!!!

Oh, 'tis an unpopular decision it seems. It does help though...later on.

I concur with the Finn above me
:(

:confused: Are you saying Transilvania is going through pubirty? ;)

Err, I guess. I don't really associate puberty with enlightenment though.

Ah, a feudal parliament of some sort?

Nice Austrian Succession war pic, the officer with the polearms and all :D

Great assault description, had me riveted the entire time.

Yea, a feudal parliament of sorts, just to sort out all the internal conflict that arises when you have 16 different cultures and 40 different nation-states all ruled under a banner that's only recently (relatively speaking) conquered them.

:D

I WANT moar SCREENSHOTS, moar MAPS
i dun want to read those walls of text

:(

Oh wow, thank you very much for the praise! I'll keep my eye out in case you do decide to make an AAR; they're quite a bit of fun to write.

Well said! It's a work of beauty, isn't it? :D
:)

After all that the Empire gives up something...to transition to a more representative government.

Ákos is an odd fellow, eh?:p

I like having maps too but the story is damn brilliant. Maps are nice but sorta secondary to the storytelling. So not complaining here. If Machnull wants a game strategy AAR there are plenty of others out there ..

So in game mechanics terms are you making Greece a Vassal? Or is the representative government thing just a bit of storyline fluff?

And as always keep up the good work Torbjorn, haven't missed an update and I don't plan to.

So in game mechanics terms are you making Greece a Vassal? Or is the representative government thing just a bit of storyline fluff?
It could also be an indication that a constitutional monarchy is on it's way :D Though to be fair, that should still be 6-7 tech levels away :)

Btw; awesome writing!! *cheers*

Pfft, Constitutional Monarchies. REPUBLICAN DICTATORSHIP!

Speaking of such things, would you be considering of importing this game over to Victoria II, Torbjorn? That would be 10 types of excellent.

I like having maps too but the story is damn brilliant. Maps are nice but sorta secondary to the storytelling. So not complaining here. If Machnull wants a game strategy AAR there are plenty of others out there ..

Those were my thoughts as well, I just use the maps to that people don't lost track of the country's progression and territorial holdings.

And as always keep up the good work Torbjorn, haven't missed an update and I don't plan to.

Storyline fluff mostly, it does play a rather big part in certain things in the future, but obviously that's as much as I can say.

:D ty

It could also be an indication that a constitutional monarchy is on it's way :D Though to be fair, that should still be 6-7 tech levels away :)

Btw; awesome writing!! *cheers*

Well, I sort of have to stick with the Imperial Government so as it remains the Transylvanian Empire, but this is a way of compensating for that, of sorts.

Pfft, Constitutional Monarchies. REPUBLICAN DICTATORSHIP!

Speaking of such things, would you be considering of importing this game over to Victoria II, Torbjorn? That would be 10 types of excellent.

I've always liked the absolute monarchy form of government the best to be honest, but as stated above, it's Imperial all the way.

And I have thought about it, I actually have a strong inclination to, but the Transylvanian part of the story will definitely end with EU3, and then if it goes to Vicky 2 then it'll be another story set within the same world.

I agree, the government form constitutional monarchy is fairly bad but it is one of 2 evils you have to choose in order to get to constitutional republic ;)

Oh lesser evils, how they taunt Transylvania.

STIA9.gif

This Chapter’s Mood Music

The Internal Government was a rather unpopular decision at the time, as it was seen by the aristocrats and those in power as a weakening of the Empire, but in truth it was not. Ákos had set out the rules and guidelines of the Internal Government as he liked, and in those rules were stated that the crown had the ability to over-turn or veto any decision made by the Internal Government. It could only operate with the agreement of the Emperor, but following the wake of the Greek war, Ákos was intent to let their reforms and legislation pass. It reduced the dissent among the more populous classes of Transylvanian society, but there were still grumbles from the rich nobility that believed the IG was interfering with their lordship over their lands.

Austria had been beaten bloody, but still it clung to life. With the destruction of its armies by Transylvania, the coalition of German minors that were arrayed against the Austrians managed to force the Austrian crown to sign the harsh Treaty of Berlin, which saw the release of Pommerania, Bohemia, Brandenburg, Thuringa, Ansbach, Bavaria, and Salzburg. However, by some unbelievable probability, Austria still clung to life, and raised new armies to replace those destroyed by Transylvania. Ákos did not care, as he actually preferred a strong German power on his western border; not strong enough to challenge Transylvania of course, but strong enough to keep the French and Scandinavians in check.

rG5xd.png

After the Greek war, the Emperor was forced to turn his attention back to the East, where Marshal Dózsa had succeeded in capturing Karaman’s capital, and Ákos demanded the full annexation of the Asia Minor nation. They agreed, but the Karmanese had other allies that they had brought to the fight – the Mamluks, Hedjaz, and Baluchistan. Neither were that much trouble for Transylvania, and so after brief but decisive fighting they do agreed to the peace terms proposed by the Transylvanian Emperor – most were removals of land claims, but Baluchistan was annexed as well into the Empire.

There were other developments within Transylvania as well. Ákos did not forget that the Albanians had assisted the Greeks in their war of independence, and using the power of the crown he removed the Albanian duke from power, and instead of appointing a new one, simply erased the border between Transylvanian and Albania and annexed the state into the Empire. For the first time in history, the Balkans stood united, for the most part. There were still tiny parts that remained under the control of Austria in the Croatian region.

jvfxy.png

The Annexation of Albania, December 29th, 1603

It was during this period that Ákos started to develop a rather unhealthy obsession with the Persian capital of Hormuz. The Persian capital province was surrounded by Transylvanian land and the sea, but it was an important centre of trade that a fair number of Transylvanian provinces were trading through, rather than sending their goods to the far off trade centre that the crown had had built in Jerusalem. It annoyed Ákos, and so he did what Transylvanian kings and emperors did best – made war.

jVcQc.png

The 4th Transylvanian Crusade against Persia, December 22nd, 1606

It was a horribly lobsided affair that bears no value being covered here, but suffice to say that within months the paltry Persian armies were over-run, their government in shambles, and the banner of the Empire flying over their capital. Ákos demanded Hormuz in the peace terms, and the Persians had no choice but to comply and move their capital into the Indian region; and as Ákos gained control of Hormuz, he ordered the centre of trade there demolished entirely, forcibly destroying anyone’s trade houses that refused to comply with the order.

But as 1607 neared a closed, Ákos started to believe he may have made a major mistake in something. Transylvania had stung the Austrians deeply, but it was not a mortal wound that had been delivered, and the German nation’s cuts had sealed, and though the wound was still scabbed, all indications pointed that it would recover, perhaps stronger than before…

3MVi9.jpg

L9ddp.gif

And now to conquer Azerbaijan and the Syrian Desert!

Maps with enclaves....sigh!

I'd like to see what happens when the parliament decided the King's veto is a very bothersome thing...

To make the map prettier.
Moldova, Bessarabia?

Perhaps ;)

And now to conquer Azerbaijan and the Syrian Desert!

Maps with enclaves....sigh!

I'd like to see what happens when the parliament decided the King's veto is a very bothersome thing...

I actually don't think I end up conquering Syria until the 18th century :eek:o

It will be very interesting..

Who owns Bessarabia, Podolia and Cherson ? Those 3 provinces would definitely make the Empire's borders more nicer.
Bessarabia - Moldavia (Independent state...for now)
Podolia - Lithuania
Cherson - Austria

But I agree.

hmm so you are going to switch this to viky I for one have never played Vicky so it'll be intresting I wonder what you are going to switch to. That would be cool have a Mega-Campain where you switch countries every game like CK-EU3-Vicky-HoI3

Methinks that another punitive expedition into Austria is required...