• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As I said, at present I have to test my Greece-Crete pack, but first I want to properly install the last version of the mod with all the updates, so that I can upload a fully compatible pack. I don't know how long it will take.

It would be great if you assume the support of the mod until I have it upgraded to AoD. That means, feel free to compiling and releasing updates. Don't forgive the bugfix that I posted here.

Really really really an appreciate work Arturius !
I think for me i'm not really a modder ... i had just written the events who you can find in my pack and nothing else.If you want i can be a beta tester :p or a writer of minor event or a flags-hunter :D but no more ...
Keep it up your work and .... i stay tuned !

I will take you up on your offer. Stand by!

Yes :cool:, currently I'm porting 1914 mod to AOD with E3 map. First only the 1914 scenario and the playable battlescenarios.

@all: Who is or wants to be active for this mod? This forum is like a ghost town. I think, we have to discuss and vote for the future ways of this mod. For that reason we need a standing Mod-Team. I really like this timeframe and I am willing to continue this project. But how big is the interest of the community for it?

Some details: Also I changed worldmap and the energy icon (now it is coal):
zwischenablage01.jpg

PLEASE DO INCLUDE THIS MAP AS WELL IN THE 1897 SCENARIO!!!!!

Please!!! I usually play this one, it would be wunderfull!!! :rofl:

Hey guys, I'm planning a new release for 1914. Let us bring together what should be done and which bugs should be fixed. I suggest to concentrate for the scenarios 1911 and 1914.

1. AOD

I think, it is necessary for continued existence of this mod to convert it to AOD, so this release should also have an (experimental, but playable) AOD-version. Once I started to convert (LINK), but I am got nowhere. I would be very pleased if someone could take a look.

2. AI

I experimented with panda's AI by changing the unit-values (anybody had suggested this). I'm very pleased with it. The war lasts at least until mid-1916. Test it: LINK Please give feedback
In one game the war culminated in a never ending trench warefare. Despite the superiority of the Entente they don't go on offensive. I think it is because land forts. Any suggestions?

stellungskriega.jpg

3. Gameplay

- If Germany defeated France, the war (and game) is practically over. Germans send their troops to east-front and kick the ass of the tsar. Soon Great-Britain offers peace. What do you think about an earlier entry into the war of the USA if Germany defeated France?

- The suppression of the Senussi by Italy is to easy and to fast. Historically they alived the First World War. Maybe we could outfit the provinces with land-forts.

4. GFX & Sprites

- Some pics of ministers are missing that don't have to: Pilsudski etc.

- DrRare's sprites (LINK) which I added in the last release don't work because they have to be renamed or something. They are sprites for Hoi2, not for DD or Arma. Is there anybody who is well versed with this?

- I have noticed that some sprites as well aren't working. The air units for example. Can someone affirm it?

5. Ministers

- Some ministers are missing. What should done are the ministers of the commonwealth, especially head of state and head of government.

Could you make the provinces of Palestine, Syria and Iraq to national provinces of the Turkey and change the name from Turkey to Ottoman Empire (if it has not changed so far)?

Btw: I've heard Russia asked Bismarck once (in the 80tes of 19th century)
what Germany will do, if Russia attacks Austria-Hungary. Bismarck answered:
We will fight with AH. What about integrating this event in a new style into the 1897 scenario?
If G. decides we will help Russia result could be a great-German Empire and the Panbalkan-Russian Tsardom, together as allies.

That would be nice^^! :rolleyes:

Could you make the provinces of Palestine, Syria and Iraq to national provinces of the Turkey and change the name from Turkey to Ottoman Empire (if it has not changed so far)?

Btw: I've heard Russia asked Bismarck once (in the 80tes of 19th century)
what Germany will do, if Russia attacks Austria-Hungary. Bismarck answered:
We will fight with AH. What about integrating this event in a new style into the 1897 scenario?
If G. decides we will help Russia result could be a great-German Empire and the Panbalkan-Russian Tsardom, together as allies.

That would be nice^^! :rolleyes:

This mod calls 1914. It simulates the situation around WWI. The map resp. the borders are changed already (like other things).

I will abandon my support for 0.52 but not for 1914 in general. I want to concentrate on my project (LINK). I hope another guy (maybe Melkor89) will bring all the new stuff together for a new update.

So you want to go for the "1914 for AoD" project?
I haven't dealt much with AoD yet (I really don't like the interface with greater resolutions :( ) but I understand that it could provide much more possibilities for us modders. Perhaps we should drop the 1914 for Doomsday/Armageddon completely? :confused:

That won't change anything. I don't think AoD's stacking penalty will help your mod at all, and hoi2 allows it to run faster.

And is there still some work being done or are you deader than dead?

So you want to go for the "1914 for AoD" project?
I haven't dealt much with AoD yet (I really don't like the interface with greater resolutions :( ) but I understand that it could provide much more possibilities for us modders. Perhaps we should drop the 1914 for Doomsday/Armageddon completely? :confused:

I don't have the warrant to decide if modding on Armageddon version should be stopped. Converting and modding to AoD is what I do and what I want to do. Because there was not (and is not) a solid mod team I decided on my own. I told only that I stopped my support for this. So I cannot answer you precisely.

AoD is the latest version of HoI2 and the version that is under supportment. For me a changeover seems to be reasonable.

That won't change anything. I don't think AoD's stacking penalty will help your mod at all, and hoi2 allows it to run faster.

And is there still some work being done or are you deader than dead?

There is a difference between Arma and AoD already, so why should 1914 for AoD have no changes regarding 1914 for Arma? What is the disadvantage of AoD's stacking penalty especially for 1914?

All done progress is downloadable in this forum. I don't know if anybody is working on the Arma version.

Could somebody reupload the AI?

LINK

Converting and modding to AoD is what I do and what I want to do.

I don't judge :). Of course you can do what you want, it's your work and it's your decision what you do with it :D.

And big thanks for reuploading :D.

But 1914 with E3 map is awesome beyond comperhension good sir. And you can use national ideas to change things like repressions, economy (from civilian economy to war economy), conscription, and a hundred other things :D.

I don't judge :). Of course you can do what you want, it's your work and it's your decision what you do with it :D.

And big thanks for reuploading :D.

But 1914 with E3 map is awesome beyond comperhension good sir. And you can use national ideas to change things like repressions, economy (from civilian economy to war economy), conscription, and a hundred other things :D.

Maybe do you want elaborate a concept for national ideas? If you don't have mod skills, so I will script your ideas.

Also, could someone please explain to me what is the so called "vanilla hoi2"? I saw a map identical to the arturius map and I think that someone said it was the hoi2 vanilla map. What is this vanilla version?

Vanilla map means standard map, the map that comes with Hoi2. The map I edited is based on E3 map. But guys, soon Darkest Hours will be released. It uses a similar map like E3 and it will be includ a WWI scenario. You should check this, because I'm busy with helping to develop Darkest Hour. Dunno if I will have time for 1914 Mod.

Last edited:
Please finnish the AOD 1914 version. AOD is very stable now compared to what i think DH will be at the time off release.
Or you could just release a conversation off the current 1914 version to aod without many new changes.