• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A reminder:

Before installing or playing SR, make sure OHGamer's V:R hotfixes are installed. Otherwise, an error is triggered whenever the 1861 scenario is loaded (with or without SR installed). You can download said hotfixes here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=264737

A reminder:

Before installing or playing SR, make sure OHGamer's V:R hotfixes are installed. Otherwise, an error is triggered whenever the 1861 scenario is loaded (with or without SR installed). You can download said hotfixes here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=264737

Random sidenote that occured to me earlier today: as I recall, the Southern Revolutions setup (either that or, perhaps, just during our previous contact in general) had something about the Harry Turtledove series of books in it. Sorry, it's been a good year since I played Victoria to any great extent (moved on to EUIII, then Rome, then HOI2 and 3 again. I'm sure after I buy the new Vicky, I'll rotate back to the old one if the new one has any major bugs lol). Anyway, if/when another Southern Rev is made for the new Vicky, do you think you'll mix any Turtledove aspects in? Might we see a Jake Featherston, a Union-Occupied Canada, and a famous old Custer leading armies at the dawn of the 20th century? Just curious.

Random sidenote that occured to me earlier today: as I recall, the Southern Revolutions setup (either that or, perhaps, just during our previous contact in general) had something about the Harry Turtledove series of books in it. Sorry, it's been a good year since I played Victoria to any great extent (moved on to EUIII, then Rome, then HOI2 and 3 again. I'm sure after I buy the new Vicky, I'll rotate back to the old one if the new one has any major bugs lol). Anyway, if/when another Southern Rev is made for the new Vicky, do you think you'll mix any Turtledove aspects in? Might we see a Jake Featherston, a Union-Occupied Canada, and a famous old Custer leading armies at the dawn of the 20th century? Just curious.

My good friend HMS Enterprize has already done a Turtledove mod for Ricky, and I'll leave him to mod in books I don't even own anymore. I'll just continue to work my own side of the street.

Thanks for your interest!

My good friend HMS Enterprize has already done a Turtledove mod for Ricky, and I'll leave him to mod in books I don't even own anymore. I'll just continue to work my own side of the street.

Thanks for your interest!

Ah there we go. Of course, I prefer the state of affairs in your mod, whereby it doesn't try to script it THAT hard and instead leaves you to fend off the North and, if you're lucky, take backa wavering state or two (Always loved getting Maryland in the peace!), before focussing on making the Gulf of Mexico a Confederate Lake =)

Ah there we go. Of course, I prefer the state of affairs in your mod, whereby it doesn't try to script it THAT hard and instead leaves you to fend off the North and, if you're lucky, take backa wavering state or two (Always loved getting Maryland in the peace!), before focussing on making the Gulf of Mexico a Confederate Lake =)

You sound like a player after my own heart.:cool:

I've been playing this mod quite a bit the past week or so, and the flavor is great. Used to play the CSA pretty exclusively in vanilla Victoria, and it's nice someone took the time to beautifully rework that scenario.

I want to make sure that I have it installed right, though. I installed victoria v1.04 from impulse (original disk doesn't seem to want to work with Rev'ns), revolutions from the same, the OHgamer hotfixes you mention, and the mod. I start off seeing about the same number of USA divisions i used to, including the 7 on Washington. Are the yanks still supposed to begin the game with that many, or does the mod reduce the starting divisions already on the map? I was having trouble figuring out the specifics of how the mod affects US numbers on the offset, so i figured i'd put the question to you.

I've been playing this mod quite a bit the past week or so, and the flavor is great. Used to play the CSA pretty exclusively in vanilla Victoria, and it's nice someone took the time to beautifully rework that scenario.

I want to make sure that I have it installed right, though. I installed victoria v1.04 from impulse (original disk doesn't seem to want to work with Rev'ns), revolutions from the same, the OHgamer hotfixes you mention, and the mod. I start off seeing about the same number of USA divisions i used to, including the 7 on Washington. Are the yanks still supposed to begin the game with that many, or does the mod reduce the starting divisions already on the map? I was having trouble figuring out the specifics of how the mod affects US numbers on the offset, so i figured i'd put the question to you.

No change to starting numbers.

A little OT, but could anyone playing Victoria 2 please drop me a line at csabadass at yahoo dot com?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Done--thanks all!

Last edited:
Any plans to port this over to V2, CSABadass?

None, until and unless PI adds an 1861 scenario. Simply too much work for me otherwise.

A Merry Christmas and Happy 2011 to all!

Hopefully if Paradox makes that expansion they will do it well enough that there will be no need for a mod to fix the Confederacy.

Hopefully if Paradox makes that expansion they will do it well enough that there will be no need for a mod to fix the Confederacy.

But what then shall *I* ever do? :)

Discovered this by accident: Five years ago tomorrow, I uploaded my very first mod--the HoI2 version of what would become Deo Vindice. Thank y'all very kindly for all the support through that and the many iterations that followed!

Status
Not open for further replies.