• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I always liked defensive scenarios which could lead into an offensive one day. My greatest scenario was the Torch Operation in Panzer Generals (original), if anybody knows what I am talking about, playing Germans.

I most certainly do. I always liked the sealion scenario in that game.

I still cannot believe how the Soviets failed to crush you...

Probably because Soviets had less than 100% officer ratio... they still probably suffered from purge effects so they lacked competent battlefield leaders, and, due to the fact that there was no Great Patriotic War, they were sending green troops against hardened Polish veterans of the war with Germany.

I still cannot believe how the Soviets failed to crush you...

The Soviets failed because of my lucky mistake :) If had struck them head on at the start of their offensive I wouldn't survive. Fortunately, half of the Soviets went to West Europe.

I most certainly do. I always liked the sealion scenario in that game.

I thought people know the game only from history books :)

Probably because Soviets had less than 100% officer ratio... they still probably suffered from purge effects so they lacked competent battlefield leaders, and, due to the fact that there was no Great Patriotic War, they were sending green troops against hardened Polish veterans of the war with Germany.

You are right. Experienced leaders and divisions helped too :)

I would like to take an opportunity and ask all those who like HOI3 AARs vote on their favorite AARs at the AARland Choice Awards!

Wow, lack of better words and Panzer General still rules.

Just read the AAR, and I gotta say that was by far the best and most interesting AAR I have ever read. I really loved it, partly because I am Polish myself :p(if only you were our leader in 1936 :D). I suspect you are polish as well, ale moze nie mam racji? I'm currently playing as Germany, but after that I want to try a game as Poland. I really learned a lot from this AAR, I hope you continue and invade Japan xD. And if you really want ti show polish power(hehe), you can manually extend the end date and leave the Allies and DOW on them XD.

Btw, a good way to get the country to surrender or go GIE(whichever you want) is to make a save game right before you are about to take the VP that will win the war. And then if you want them to surrender but they go GIE, then just reload and let the VP fall again and you will usually get what you want on the 2 try, because for some reason GIE or surrender is completely by chance, which is stupid.

Wow, lack of better words and Panzer General still rules.

I am happy you liked it :)

Just read the AAR, and I gotta say that was by far the best and most interesting AAR I have ever read. I really loved it, partly because I am Polish myself :p(if only you were our leader in 1936 :D). I suspect you are polish as well, ale moze nie mam racji? I'm currently playing as Germany, but after that I want to try a game as Poland. I really learned a lot from this AAR, I hope you continue and invade Japan xD. And if you really want ti show polish power(hehe), you can manually extend the end date and leave the Allies and DOW on them XD.

Rozumiem po polsku, but can't speak much Polish ;) I think my grand-grandmother was Polish. However, I also used to hitch-hike in Poland many times.

In 1936 they didn't that was coming but I did, so I had a chance to prepare :cool:

I thought about DOWing Japan, but I had no ships and neutrality was too high.

Btw, a good way to get the country to surrender or go GIE(whichever you want) is to make a save game right before you are about to take the VP that will win the war. And then if you want them to surrender but they go GIE, then just reload and let the VP fall again and you will usually get what you want on the 2 try, because for some reason GIE or surrender is completely by chance, which is stupid.

Sometimes GIEs are annoying but is a part of fun when you are not sure what will happen. However, I will use a "save" if story will ever require it ;) thanx

hoi31344map.jpg

Ja pierdziele.

“Where is the strategic reserve?” asked Churchill.
“In Moscow,” replied mnplastic.
“Oh.”

Good on ya. Excellent AAR :D (even if it does point out some continued failings in the AI...)

I know you finished this some time ago, but I have to tell you how amazing this accomplishment is. I don't think there's a word invented for how awesome you did.

I know you finished this some time ago, but I have to tell you how amazing this accomplishment is. I don't think there's a word invented for how awesome you did.

I can think of one...SuperblyatomicPOWERBOMb awesome! Man i swear i just read this entire aar and it won the vote for the best gameplay, in my opinion as you defeated not only Hitler's Panzers but Stalin's Russian hordes...as POLAND! Badass man most EPIC!

It is a very amazing AAR. I've just completed Polish FtM campaign inspired by it. I think your AAR could be a good inspiration to anyone who would like to play a small country and have fun.

The biggest difference between playing major power and small country is that your actions control circumstances when you play a major but your actions heavily depend on circumstances when you play a minor and you have to have a good skill to turn those circumstances into your favour. Well done :)

Ah crap, I came here to see if there was some kind mod that includes more Polish Ministers and Generals, possibly starting tech. Instead I spent the last couple of hours reading through this wonderful AAR. Congrats on the award, well deserved my friend.

As for the people asking him to carry on the fight, back in HoI2 I've accomplished similar results as Poland, and once you're done marching across Russia, or even sometimes prior to that, you just get tired of it haha. A few times I have built myself a bit of a fleet after conquering Russia and went across the pond...maybe an idea to get this puppy jump started, though I'm not sure how possible that is given his political scene.