• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have not always had troops there, quazzi. It is an action taken by your government.

According to the Orleans peace treaty of 1918:
"- France will agree for a 30-year full demilitarisation of it's entire Eastern Border"

It is my understanding however that the current government knows full well it is ignoring the treaty in its entirety, and by doing so is making a very ambitious but very dangerous gamble using the lives of French citizens as collateral.
Let me repeat in case you didn't understand - we've always had troops there. The provinces in question are over 100 kilometres wide, and having divisions stationed in the general area is in no way a violation of the Treaty of Orleans. The depth of the border zone is far less than that. Stop trying to create problems out of nothing.

Direct your eyes at this update made during your administration. There are troops in the same provinces as right now. Again, stop being idiots.

Not that we aren't en route to throwing the treaty off our backs. Just no point in creating random points from in-game pictures.

Last edited:
We have not always had troops there, quazzi. It is an action taken by your government.

According to the Orleans peace treaty of 1918:
"- France will agree for a 30-year full demilitarisation of it's entire Eastern Border"

It is my understanding however that the current government knows full well it is ignoring the treaty in its entirety, and by doing so is making a very ambitious but very dangerous gamble using the lives of French citizens as collateral.

TRP said:
With Germany distracted, President Tuore set in motion the second part of his plan: As we speak, our Republic has started the largest militarization campaign ever in the history of France, throwing off the shackles of the Orléans Treaty for good. There is no turning back now: Either we manage to raise a credible army in time for Germany to find out, or they catch us at our weakest and we are utterly crushed.

As you notice, the government is well aware that Treaty of Orléans is being violated. The decision was made by the government after lengthy discussion about the ramifications of the decision.

Fact is that the world is currently exploding everywhere around France and France cannot stay unarmed and vulnerable. That is why the government decided that they prefer potential German aggression while being armed to being unarmed and facing massive threats everywhere around our borders.

So we have a fully mobilized army positioned on our side of the 30km demilitarized zone in France? Facing a much larger German army 30km away. (No argument, just seeking clarification.)

If you are breaking the Treaty of Orleans why are you not stationing the army on the German border? Do you really think they see the current situation as somehow less threatening because our army is a a matter of hours further away. What about the French citizens on the border which you are certainly giving the impression of having abandoned.

We have no fortifications to can fall back on. The German army, if they chose, could easily sweep through the plains of north-eastern france and destroy much of our agricultural capacity before our military could respond.

Last edited:
So we have a fully mobilized army positioned on our side of the 30km demilitarized zone in France? Facing a much larger German army 30km away. (No argument, just seeking clarification.)

What demilitarized zone?

(OOC: I'm not sure. Ike knows better, being Minister of Defence and all.)

It was a joke. No more Treaty of Orléans, no more demilitarized zone. So there can be no troops in demilitarized zone if none exists.

I allready mined it so that the Germans will blow up when they cross it, boom they go. Muhahahaha.

I allready mined it so that the Germans will blow up when they cross it, boom they go. Muhahahaha.
I assume that was OOC since otherwise it is our troops than are now in what once was that zone, so it would be our troops which have gone "boom".:eek:

I assume that was OOC since otherwise it is our troops than are now in what once was that zone, so it would be our troops which have gone "boom".:eek:

Must be because I have not been asked to buy all those mines. (I'm minister of Economy. My money!! Mine! No one else uses mm-- the State's money to buy stuff.)

Must be because I have not been asked to buy all those mines. (I'm minister of Economy. My money!! Mine! No one else uses mm-- the State's money to buy stuff.)

OOC: But i just bought an gigantic palace with your money.

As of tomorrow, I cannot continue my job as the President of France, since I'm leaving to my cottage. I will be back for the weekends, so I might just have time to do some Prime Minister stuff next weekend.

From tomorrow morning onwards, quaazi will serve as the president of France, and I will be the Prime Minister.

We'll continue the track we're on right now, don't fret voters, there shall be no major policy change like me hoarding all the gold reserves of France to Tahiti, then proclaim it an independent republic and move there, also becoming it's only (p)resident. You know, as an example.

TRP (stands for Totally Random Productions, a group created by two Belgian men, has no affiliation with the HoI2 modification) has decided to leave AARLand for good after increased pressure from the moderators. They changed their password to random numbers, so they are not coming back (at least under the same name) ever again.

This AAR will continue in the La Republique official forums, which, due to new Rule #22, can't be linked here.
I have nothing against the moderators, but are you happy now?

We are never happy when a member of the forum leaves. This is not the place to discuss it. Thread closed to avoid further instances of the above.

Status
Not open for further replies.