• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not God, I can not create a Workers Paradise in a single year while facing a opposition that demands war.

If the opposition wanted war so bad, it would have let the former government keep insulting the German Kaiser and violate the Franco-German peace treaty. Primarily, the current government wanted to prevent unlawful confiscation of property and political indoctrination of French youth, but of course, the left would not see these things as unethical at all. :)

I am not God, I can not create a Workers Paradise in a single year while facing a opposition that demands war. Besides God got to rest on the 7th day (or 6th i forgot), the President of France had no such luxury.

Edit- Your truth is a Religion. Your Religion is a lie.

:eek:

OOC : You just destroyed your entire support! Saying the Christian faith is a bunch of bullsh*t a little too much and I can't see anyone but the die-hard commies supporting you now. I mean, seriously? Wow.

Turning of the Tide

Good morning gentlemen. I have some urgent developments for you

50811785.jpg
Things have taken a turn for the worse in Asia. The Great Asian War, Mongolia-Shanxi and Central-Asian wars have lit the fuse of the nationalist powerkeg of the continent. With Russia distracted in the West, Japan decided to strike at the Russian bear.

86177401.jpg
As we speak, Japanese forces have taken the Commanderosjkie Islands and are marching to meet the Red Army in Siberia. While Russia has the home field advantage and a larger army, it is dangerously underequipped and poorly supplied.

83836789.jpg
The SMS Boelcke has arrived in Asia, but not to ferry troops to the Qing as we had first suspected: In a blitz offensive, German forces attacked the Indian plains with vast amounts of mechanized Stormtrüppe, completely overwhelming the weak Indian Coast Guard.

69086362.jpg
In Asia, a spectacular offensive from Germany's puppet colonies is en route to relieve the fortified city of Beiping, carving through the advancing communists with seemingly unbeatable determination. Mao is shaking in his boots as their spree of victories has grinded to a halt, and the People's Republic is now in danger of being cut in half.

73067349.jpg
The last days, German forces have been advancing at unbelievable speeds, in a form of mechanized offensive never before seen in modern warfare. Members of the government have requested military observers to be sent there and watch Germany's fighting tactic, known as the Lightning War, or 'Blitzkrieg', and come up with a viable French answer. As we speak, German have reached the outskirts of Delhi, India's second largest city, where heavy fighting is going on in the suburbs. If Delhi falls, it is highly likely that the Indian state will soon be no more.

65164711.jpg

German forces unload from an armoured 'Halftrack' near Malagar, India

69294779.jpg
Closer to home, the biannual British Congress of the Trade Unions (TUC) took a rather odd turn: With a heavily contested 51% majority, the Trade Unions decided that the Union of Britain was best of transforming into a very loose Confederation, and promptly declared Schotland and Wales independent. This creates some very interesting prospects for us however, as the deeply Catholic Welsh are seeking to establish closer ties with the Irish, who in turn are friendly to us. A defensive alliance with these nations could give us some more leverage in Europe, or even some foreign ports to construct a navy from...

That is all for today gentlemen. As usual, you will find the Issues Facing the Administration in the folders on your tables. Thank you for attending.

Issues facing the administration:

An Empire on Watch, A Republic in Arms
(high priority)
The 1937 elections resulted in a smashing victory for the jingo, pro-military parties. Many Frenchmen believe France needs a bigger army to defy Germany, along with a credible Navy and Air Force. Aside from that, it is possible Germany will be catching on to our 'Reserve' plans very soon, and France will need a strong army when that time comes. Our options include distracting the Germans by starting a riot in the Balkans and the ME, going for full-scale mobilization and hoping it will be finished before Germany reacts, or continue slowly expanding our military, at the risk of losing electoral support and having no credible counterbalance to German agression.

Some friends in the North...
The unexpected autonomy of Scotland and Wales create interesting options for France. We could choose to start a diplomatic mission to Wales and Ireland, or Ireland and Scotland, in order to gain leverage against the Syndicalist British, or even find foreign ports to secretly build a navy in.

...and some friends in the South
For a long time, the Opposition government was considered France's only legitimate government by the autocratic Grand Admiral OAM. Now that the Rightists are in government, this might open a few new doors diplomatically. An alliance - Or union - with National France will give us channels to project power into the Middle-East, access to foreign ports and ships (National France still holds a large part of the French pre-war fleet), and the ability to station troops near Mittelafrika, to guard against Göring and his lackeys.

...and maybe in the West aswell
The United States of America are facing severe crisis due to the Berlin stock market crash. Several years of neoliberal Republican rule has made the country completely dependent of Germany's Imperialist Capitalism, and black Monday subsequently crashed the nation's economy. Facing strong Syndicalist and Fascist opposition at home, many fear for a civil war, and it is said the US government is looking for new ways to acquire foreign currency to help stabilize it's economy. Some agents inform us the country would even be willing to sell off a large part of it's relatively modern fleet, including a few aircraft carriers and 1936-class Battleships. Seeing as the French economy is running strong, it could be a smart move to befriend the Americans and protect their interests - it could gain us a navy in the short term, or potential allies in the long term.

That is all gentlemen. Good luck, and have fun!

Sacre blue invaders!

I don't want to see a German Raj :( And what did the British just do? Gave freedom to Welsh and Scots, they must be nuts.

So much for the Internationale. I suppose I'd like it if we tried to bail out India and China, but it'll likely be too late for French arms to do anything.

So it's up to the...ahem..."Catholic Bloc" to save us now.

EDIT: Although negotiation with Wales will almost certainly involve negotiations with UoB. So we will need to clarify the UoB's status in the Internationale.

We also need to know about the political situation in the USSR. How did Stalin gain power?

Last edited:
The randomness. It hurts!

Seriously, UoB taking the autonomist way is like seeing a white tiger. Very rare but possible that is.

You tell us. I've never played the Armageddon version of KR before, it's got a motherload of new events. I thought it was impossible to make KR even more awesome, but darnit, they did :D

Ouch, it would hurt to be Foreign minister now. Wait, I am Foreign Minister!! Shit!!

"Oh, that's bad. Someone better inform the president"
"But sir, you ARE the president"
"Good; then he already knows"
(Scary movie)

Thane, we have no navy and all of 18 divisions in active service. Just how do you propose we effect events on another continent?

I wasn't trying to suggest - much less propose - anything; I'm just curious.

Since you ask, though, I recall that the previous government made efforts to (or did, I don't entirely recall) supply arms to the Chinese rebels. It seems, to this citizen, that it should be easier to do the same to North American countries than to East Asian ones, but I suppose that logistical knowledge like that might be why you're a politician and I'm not.

Regardless of my ideas, though, should some way to affect events on another continent present itself, I am curious as to the general inclinations of the government.

You tell us. I've never played the Armageddon version of KR before, it's got a motherload of new events. I thought it was impossible to make KR even more awesome, but darnit, they did :D

Better yet, we are currently planning to release Kaiserreich 1.2 mid july :D. This version will include a lot of new events. And to top it off, we are already discussing even more improvements for 1.3!!!

I wasn't trying to suggest - much less propose - anything; I'm just curious.

Since you ask, though, I recall that the previous government made efforts to (or did, I don't entirely recall) supply arms to the Chinese rebels. It seems, to this citizen, that it should be easier to do the same to North American countries than to East Asian ones, but I suppose that logistical knowledge like that might be why you're a politician and I'm not.

Regardless of my ideas, though, should some way to affect events on another continent present itself, I am curious as to the general inclinations of the government.

What happened was that the previous government turned France into the world's black market, and gave Mao a special discount. I really don't like selling arms to all countries willy-nilly, but if we're going to keep on doing that, I say we should ONLY sell weapons to Mao and other anti-German forces.

We also need a willing buyer for those weapons. There isn't really much tension in Louisiana and Quebec at the moment. Unless...those very weapons that we sell end up causing tension in the first place...

Better yet, we are currently planning to release Kaiserreich 1.2 mid july :D. This version will include a lot of new events. And to top it off, we are already discussing even more improvements for 1.3!!!

KR2 for HOI3. The people demand it!

(Yes, HOI3 sucks, but KR could probably make it more awesome)

Status
Not open for further replies.