• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Respond to Blitznor:

Yes, you are right! I had not noticed that. That is another bug. I know for a fact that the Soviet Union and Finnland were never at war. I would guess that the same event that gave the Soviet Union the Baltic countries also gave them those parts of Finnland or maybe they got the lands for free in the "Finnish Winter War" event but I am not 100% certain and I don't have a save from that long ago. That is concerning. :(

EDIT: I added this information to the first post. Thanks for pointing it out.

Last edited:
I'm playing SU noe in a game and the event that gives the the Baltic countries is not tied to the Winter War. There is however a Finnish surender event wich would give SU the provinces we se them getting in your game. This event fires when Helsinki falls (in my experience, I havn't looked at the files).

Even tough it seems to be a bug, it produces a historic outcome for the Winter War...

I'm playing SU noe in a game and the event that gives the the Baltic countries is not tied to the Winter War. There is however a Finnish surender event wich would give SU the provinces we se them getting in your game. This event fires when Helsinki falls (in my experience, I havn't looked at the files).

Even tough it seems to be a bug, it produces a historic outcome for the Winter War...

It seems that they get the surrender event without even fighting then. As I told above, the Finns definetly choose "Let them come if they dare." I will update the first post again.

You may not know about that, but if you have 'debug fow' activated, the rules of sea_detection will be de-activated, making submarines practically useless, which might very well influence the outcome of a hands-off game! (Of course it has no consequence on the Soviet Union influenceing everyone in Asia...)

First thanks. I was waiting for something like this.

Permit me a short rant, however. Why does an expansion to the third instalment in this series preserve the nonsensical 'annexation' status for, in this game, metro France, Norway and Sweden? Did Germany ever even contemplate annexing these areas? Of course not.

This is the Reich maxima:

76336.png

That, and bar south Tyrol after '43, ONLY that area was ever annexed. You can take away the General Government which would represent what passed for autonomous Poland at this time.

So because the French surrender event attaches the whole of occupied France to the Reich, you get this utterly retarded situation after German surrender - we'll ignore the Western Allies' inaction - that not only does Vichy France continue to exist, but Nazi Germany fights on from 'annexed' northern France :wacko: :wacko:

This and what happens in Sweden in this AAR have me banging my head off the desk wondering why occupied territory is ever treated as anything other than occupied. Imagine the bonfire of 'surrender events' we could have if it was no longer possible to annex anything but your core territory. Christ, we'd only need them for the historical post 1945 territory transfers, Alsace-Lorraine, half Schleswig, and Luxembourg.

But anyway.

You may not know about that, but if you have 'debug fow' activated, the rules of sea_detection will be de-activated, making submarines practically useless, which might very well influence the outcome of a hands-off game! (Of course it has no consequence on the Soviet Union influenceing everyone in Asia...)

I did not know that. Thanks for informing. However, would it be correct to assume that that fact would be a benefit to the US and UK navy? If so then, despite this benefit, the Allies were STILL unable to land a successful invasion force.

I have not. Instead, I saw the UK invade Iceland outright

Indeed, the same happened in this AAR.

"Early Nov. Japan lands a force in N-France and it fails.... ????" hahahaah... I can't in my wildest imagination, believe the Japanese high command would consider such a project. How could they support the landing anyway and keep it supplied? NOT to mention Japan EVER joining the Soviets for anything. They hated the Russians as a people and there is no way in HELL the Japanese people would have sided with the Soviets for anything no matter how much political leverage Stalin pushed on Hirohito. Don't forget the embarrassing episode(for the Russians) called the Russo-Japanese war of 1904-05 so there is no way either nation would trust the other anyway.

This idiotic "global level" AI behavior ruins the "flavor" of the game to me. The flavor is "WW2" not "Risk with a WW2 map."

I can just, just, JUST envision military collaboration between the Japanese and Soviets against the US / UK. But yeah, to the extent Japan starts landing in Europe in support of the Comintern we're still in 1.0 'Mexican D-Day Bremen '39' limbo.

But the important thing is Russia actually fights now. That has to count for a great deal.

I did not know that. Thanks for informing. However, would it be correct to assume that that fact would be a benefit to the US and UK navy? If so then, despite this benefit, the Allies were STILL unable to land a successful invasion force.

Indeed, the same happened in this AAR.

Does it fire after the British take Iceland? Ive been trying to get that event to work, and I edited a few times....the US occupation fired after the British invaded Iceland. I wasnt sure if it was the changes I did or just ive never seen the British take iceland before.