• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Here you are :)
Though I'm not sure what it will show up like in the savegame. If it's loaded the censor positions will be vacant (in my game I think they were occupied by blinking versions of Lydiadas Galestid and Punicus Mandonid but I can't be entirely sure as I'm unable to bring up the tooltip for the censor positions without the game crashing).

There seem to be something funny with the censor requirements for non-roman republics. As soon as the rather long office time ends the censors portrait starts to blink back and forth (and switching between displaying the requirements to be fullfilled or not) and the year that the censor took office is changed to "6".
If I hover the mouse over the "?" tooltip the game crashes. If I try to replace the censor nothing happens. If I save the game and then reload the censor positions will be empty when I reload.

I've seen this same thing happen playing as Rome. Often (but not always) it can be solved by saving and reloading.

Yes it can but that entails quitting and relaunching rome which is a hassle. Unless I forget I simply tend to replace my censors from office before their term expires.
Resigning to reload from the main menu is not an option as due to Romes many memory leaks that takes about 10-12 minutes...

Didn't know it happened in vanilla though, I haven't seen it there, but if so perhaps a bug report might be in order (would have to be from someone who has actually observed it in vanilla though, I haven't).

A minor bug with event 115007 (colony_mod.txt) - there is no title. Easy text fix.

Also, I haven't yet had a chance to work on the tcm_diploannex issue someone reported on page 3, but it sounds a lot like a problem I ran into after playtesting TCM2.0 a bit more, which I had figured was a problem with the Sell Province decision and thus removed from 2.1 Lite. I found that sometimes reloading fixed the issue, sometimes not - but if it's causing too many troubles, just delete tcm_diploannex.txt from the Epigoni\decisions folder.

Speaking of the diploannex decisions, I'll need to make more for all the new Epigoni countries. I'll get to it some day...

Found another fairly big bug while trying to figure out why Epigoni runs so slowly for me: in titles.txt, title_bastard has an invalid lose_trigger, causing it to be gained and lost continuously every day (presumeably for every bastard character) and spamming the savegame file with superfluous give_title/remove_title data. In my Rome savegame alone I found and deleted 138,000 such occurances and managed to chop off a good 25MB from the savegame file.

Also, just a minor suggestion for the "Ruler in Waiting" title - would it be possible to have this title invisible unless activated by a law? I've done this for my own game but I'm a little concerned that it might stuff up some other interactions somewhere.

Last edited:
This is a little annoying.:(

rome3.png

The diploannex bug appears to require that the overlord have no alliances other than with the vassal, otherwise the decisions tab goes haywire as Qorten reported.

An easy test case is the Seleucids at the start, you have Cappadocia already paying tribute, so ally them and Pergamon and good luck executing any decisions until you end one of those alliances.

Definitely keep the decision, though, a diploannex option restricting the player to one alliance at a time is fine. I've rarely found alliances much use in EU-series games...

This is a little annoying.:(

rome3.png

You mean the long list ?

I dont think I can do much about that.:p

The diploannex bug appears to require that the overlord have no alliances other than with the vassal, otherwise the decisions tab goes haywire as Qorten reported.

An easy test case is the Seleucids at the start, you have Cappadocia already paying tribute, so ally them and Pergamon and good luck executing any decisions until you end one of those alliances.

Definitely keep the decision, though, a diploannex option restricting the player to one alliance at a time is fine. I've rarely found alliances much use in EU-series games...

Cheexsta is having a look into this problem. The good thing is I think you might have narrowed it down a bit more. :D

I agree that its better to leave it in since its not game breaking and does provide some more options. Thanks for the report.

I can't agree with that. Though, I did not try that course of action in any last EU-R game, I usually ally new (usefull, =/>3 provinces) vassals in EU3. They usually accept the proposal, and come to help in case of a war. It might be not that usefull or useable if you deal with larger contries all the time, but e.g. in the german territories that surely helped.

That said, I'll try that in one of my next EU-R games and see if it's still usefull/useable.

A few of minor issues:

The siege catapult animation for Trogodos (W. Cyprus) shows up in the SE corner of the neighboring sea zone (Mare Pamphilium).

I noticed that the ruler's daughter had the ambition to become a concubine, and that title was available to give her on the character screen... :rolleyes: Is there a way to check for incest like this? Obviously leave an exception for the Ptolemies... :D

Missing title text for female tyrants - they appear as "tyranny_ruler_female".

zeroFX, I do indeed play larger countries (if I don't start large, I become large as quickly as possible - Novgorod to Russia, for example). kebzero wrote favorably of the abilities of vassal allies like you suggest - I think his term was "French battle-thralls" or something like that. :) In my experience, allies get in the way (attrition), and usually if they fight at all (let alone successfully) they quickly peace out for either a white peace or a tiny amount of money. Even when it had become good with IN, I didn't like EU3 enough to get around to the German minor game yet - last time I did that was Lorraine in EU2... That said, Pontus is actually doing a decent job stalemating the Ptolemaic armies in my current war, so it could be that EUR allies are more worthwhile.

A few of minor issues:

The siege catapult animation for Trogodos (W. Cyprus) shows up in the SE corner of the neighboring sea zone (Mare Pamphilium).

I noticed that the ruler's daughter had the ambition to become a concubine, and that title was available to give her on the character screen... :rolleyes: Is there a way to check for incest like this? Obviously leave an exception for the Ptolemies... :D

Missing title text for female tyrants - they appear as "tyranny_ruler_female".

Thanks for the bug reports jh. I will certainly put a stop to the incest matter, with the exception you mentioned and maybe maniac despots as well. ;)

I notice the mod places Stonehenge in Iceni province, but it should be in Dumnonii province. It's very near the NE border, so Trinovantes would be a plausible alternative choice if you want it to start the game in a province owned by a faction rather than a barbarian province. Also, typo in the hover text, should be "... mysteries and purpose" not "mysteries an purpose".

I've noticed a few problems playing Rome, though they may be Cursus Honorum bugs or inconsistencies with Epigoni rather than Epigoni bugs. Edit: something for version 1.32c or 1.33, I guess! Thanks for 1.32b! :D Regarding the concubine incest fix, the ruler's sister should also be included.

I encountered Trin Tragula's Censor bug in less than a decade of Epigoni Rome, while never seeing it in 70+ years of vanilla Rome. For whatever that's worth. :) My impression is that it happens when a Censor serves for longer than the official term of office (the hourglass indicating a penalty for replacing him).

The "daughter becomes sacerdos vestalis" objective does not seem to work. I keep making the requested daughters sacerdos vestalis, but the objective has yet to be counted as satisfied. Maybe it will only trigger when the daughter comes of age and has a real portrait? But by then the mother will most likely have given up on that objective and switched to something else.

Anther minor issue (possibly WAD) is the tendency of people to have ambitions for offices they're not qualified to hold. I have four guys who want to be admirals, yet none are qualified. I think it's the requirement that they be ex-consul or ex-praetor level officials that's the problem, all four are merely ex-quaestors, some still with the ineligible flag set. CH claims that admirals shouldn't need to have held high offices, but if I read the nested AND/OR logic correctly (which is far from certain!), a player Rome does require proconsul/propraetor admirals. It's also slightly weird that nobody has yet asked to be a general, though admittedly I haven't been playing very long (8-9 years, I think). Another example of impossible ambitions is the tendency of consuls to get governorship ambitions (as they should, historically), since the ineligible flag prevents them from being appointed for several years.

And as noted in the CH thread, Pontifex Maximus is an insanely popular ambition. This remains true when it has chance factor 50 instead of 100, so I'm trying it at 10 next, along with a 24 month mtth for the event to lose that ambition...

I encountered Trin Tragula's Censor bug in less than a decade of Epigoni Rome, while never seeing it in 70+ years of vanilla Rome. For whatever that's worth. :) My impression is that it happens when a Censor serves for longer than the official term of office (the hourglass indicating a penalty for replacing him).

This is definitely matches my impression on when it happens too.
And it pretty much happens every time too. Anyone should be able to recreate it. :)