• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Some European countries still refer to Charles as Karl , it something we dealt with in the AGCEEP forums a long time ago.

I'm pretty sure they all call him with they did back then. Their localized version of Charles. Ie: Karl in most of central and northern europe, Carlos or Carlo in latin countries and Karel in eastern europe.

As far as I know only the English and French speakers use Charles (then and now). :)

Karel in eastern europe.

Karel is used in netherlands too, iirc. Maybe even in Flemish and the area around flandern, dont know.

can the player be the emperor of HRE?

when i choose Austria, i was never been the emperor of HRE...

Certainly, but you need to make sure the electors like you. If you annex a couple of HRE minors, you're not likely to be elected.

Certainly, but you need to make sure the electors like you. If you annex a couple of HRE minors, you're not likely to be elected.

MichaelM, thank you for your prompt reply.

yes, i was annexed many HRE members..

is there any difference between military annex and diplo-annex in HRE elect?

It's relations that make the difference. I can't remember off the top of my head which one costs more relations, but I'd guess the military annex is worse.

the HRE yet again:

1) What happens when there is no electors left? or if there is just one elector left? If you are that elector?

2) Is it possible for a catholic Japan to become emperor?

3) If the current system is not based on discrete votes from the electors, what effect exactly does having 2 rather than 1 vote do?

I actually like it the way it is. I play Austria as my favorite nation, and it takes some effort to be elected Emperor. Starting with January 1492 Scenario, I have to literally spend ALL my army of diplomats to royal marriage almost every German state there is, in order to get a chance to be Emperor by August 1493 (this is when Maximilian dies). This is also assuming that I did not attack any of the HRE member-states, and that I have not annexed any nation recently.

So even as Austria, I had to #1) behave very nicely to everyone in Europe (basically maintain an honorable reputation), and #2) I had to still make some effort to spend the majority of my diplomats raising relationships with numerous electors like crazy! Only then did I find out that my Austria had a good chance of becoming Emperor. I'm totally fine with this. =)

the HRE yet again:

1) What happens when there is no electors left? or if there is just one elector left? If you are that elector?
Since you always have +200 relations with yourself, a single elector left alone becomes the permanent emperor. If there are no electors left... I don't know. I think it ends up being random.

2) Is it possible for a catholic Japan to become emperor?
Yes.

3) If the current system is not based on discrete votes from the electors, what effect exactly does having 2 rather than 1 vote do?
It doubles the effect of that elector's relation with you.

I managed to get England elected emperor. I controlled the Low Countries, so I assume since I had that territory in the HRE and had all the other attributing factors they decided to make the English king an emperor. That was before I had to go back to being protestant... :(

I managed to get England elected emperor. I controlled the Low Countries, so I assume since I had that territory in the HRE and had all the other attributing factors they decided to make the English king an emperor. That was before I had to go back to being protestant... :(

If you had to "go back" to being protestant, wouldn't that mean that Mary or Elizabeth would have been elected "Empress"?

If you had to "go back" to being protestant, wouldn't that mean that Mary or Elizabeth would have been elected "Empress"?

Mary did get elected Emperor when I got the rep up with some of the electors. For some reason I lost it and I guess it was because when you change religions you loose rep with certain countries.