• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wow, that is a bit surprising. 1/20th of an EU3 expansion? I guess an EU2 remake was just a bit beyond the expiration date.
1/20th of an EU3 expansion? Where does that number come from?

Ah. EU3 had a much larger sales base to begin with, so that doesn't really surprise me. (The latest version of my editor for EU3 has been downloaded 9000 times, and that's just a modding tool.)

Supposing that EU3 sold roughly 5x as many copies as EU2 did (I have no idea how close to the truth that is), and keeping in mind that EU2 was first released nine years ago and is thus viewed as an old game (and many people have moved from EU2 to EU3), 1/20th the sales for an expansion sounds about right.

EU3 and Vikki had expansions based on the increasing of time lines. What do you mean by a concensus?

If you are talking about a mod like AGCEEP , then expanding dates prior and or later than what is would be in the hands of modders.
This consensus would be discussed by modders in the forum/s. That is, you, me and all others who have an interest.

I treat FTG as an improved base/foundation of EU2.....a new way to let mods to be continually advanced.

As you will know EU2 had reached its limits.

My main bane is
The worst people on these FTG forums/threads are the criticizes from day 1 in regards to FTG, who never did own FTG ........I never seen this happen in other forums/threads for other titles.
You can criticize a game but ONLY if you own that particular game. ( as I have done )
These "non owning" criticizers are a cancer to the forums and should have been banned by Paradox

Fewer than expected apparently :( Don't think you can get a more precise answer than that.
This was commented on in one of the 200 000 celebration threads.

isn't this the fault of Paradox in releasing a EU3 expansion a week or 2 after FTG was released. ?
Does it make sound sense to do these things. This smacks of a lack of bad marketing ploy which reduced sales in one or even both games.
To me very stupid indeed........by someone.

If you are talking about a mod like AGCEEP , then expanding dates prior and or later than what is would be in the hands of modders.
This consensus would be discussed by modders in the forum/s. That is, you, me and all others who have an interest.

I treat FTG as an improved base/foundation of EU2.....a new way to let mods to be continually advanced.

As you will know EU2 had reached its limits.

What happens then? If the AGCEEP staff are all busy working on future patches for FTG then AGCEEP doesn't advance. FTG is being advanced and stuff by the AGCEEP team. EU3 had an expansion based on changing start/finish dates. Why is this an unacceptable goal for vanilla FTG?

Is there anyone currently not working on FTG who is willing to attempt to help out on AGCEEP? I'm game.

My main bane is
The worst people on these FTG forums/threads are the criticizes from day 1 in regards to FTG, who never did own FTG ........I never seen this happen in other forums/threads for other titles.
You can criticize a game but ONLY if you own that particular game. ( as I have done )
These "non owning" criticizers are a cancer to the forums and should have been banned by Paradox

This...

My main bane is

I agree but I've seen people doing this for every release on these forums since I registered. They're pests, but expected pests.
I don't agree they should've been banned unless the rules are changed to make game registration mandatory though. The official stance is that it's ok to own a game without registering it but you cannot expect access to the tech support forums and to be listened to by the developers and because of this that's how they must enforce the rule.

Another interesting (and to me unexpected) statistic that was mentioned is that basic EU2 is also one of the worst sellers for paradox when it comes to their own games. Makes me a bit impressed they supported it for so long.

Another interesting (and to me unexpected) statistic that was mentioned is that basic EU2 is also one of the worst sellers for paradox when it comes to their own games. Makes me a bit impressed they supported it for so long.

If I remember correctly, it was Johan's favorite game and he supported it on his own time for several years.

I agree but I've seen people doing this for every release on these forums since I registered. They're pests, but expected pests.
I don't agree they should've been banned unless the rules are changed to make game registration mandatory though. The official stance is that it's ok to own a game without registering it but you cannot expect access to the tech support forums and to be listened to by the developers and because of this that's how they must enforce the rule.

yea...EU2 IIRC v1.0, v1.2, v1.5, v1.6, v1.8 and v1.9
a lot of versions for a non selling game?

What happens then? If the AGCEEP staff are all busy working on future patches for FTG then AGCEEP doesn't advance. FTG is being advanced and stuff by the AGCEEP team. EU3 had an expansion based on changing start/finish dates. Why is this an unacceptable goal for vanilla FTG?

Is there anyone currently not working on FTG who is willing to attempt to help out on AGCEEP? I'm game.

This...

ATM , I am improving my AGCEEP with AI colonizing file changes, defines changes, rebellions changes, etc etc........but what do you expect from FTG team in regards to AGCEEP to do?

Maybe when 1.2 is released , they will work on it

ATM , I am improving my AGCEEP with AI colonizing file changes, defines changes, rebellions changes, etc etc........but what do you expect from FTG team in regards to AGCEEP to do?

Maybe when 1.2 is released , they will work on it

Oh god, no no no that's not what I meant at all. You've made me out to look like an ungrateful bastard. Possibly I made myself out to look like an ungrateful bastard. Let me clarify what I meant.

I don't mind the fact that AGCEEP isn't being updated because they're busy on FTG. I don't expect any advances in a game I already love and have paid for so, for me, any updates are just an added bonus!

I also understand that other mods are capable of changing start and finish dates but EU3 has modders too. What inhibits the team from considering an "expansion" to extend the dates of vanilla? EU3 had expansions... and it has a bunch of modders too.

I'm assuming my logic is flawed, it usually is. I don't know how it's flawed though XD So someone'll have to point that out for me.

My main bane is

Yeah, I mostly agree here. I'd only say that its okay to criticize a game that you do not own if your concerns are firmly and honestly rooted (through experience with a demo or reading dev. diaries and AARs) and if it is constructively aimed. Complaining for the sake of complaining isn't very useful whether or not you have the game in your library. Particularly as around here if you have concerns about a game that you own and have registered, particularly FtG, this forum offers a lot of opportunities to help work toward improving it.

As for the extension of the Grand Campaign, while its doubtful that will happen in an official capacity any time soon, if ever, all of the work that was put in toward making the game easier to mod essentially allows for extended games anyway. As was mentioned, WATKABAOI is a good bet, and work on it is alive and well. Anybody who is looking for extension into the 19th century would do well check it out. :)

(Unimportant side note: post #1419 for me... kind of a special number for those supposedly few of us who are attached to EU2 and FtG :D)

(Unimportant side note: post #1419 for me... kind of a special number for those supposedly few of us who are attached to EU2 and FtG :D)
I really don't think there's so few of us ;). Though I might be a bit biased... :p

Couldn't it be that FTG sales are low because a lot of EU2 owners just don't see enough of an advancement/improvement to justify buying it? That and anyone new to Paradox games may go for EU 3 instead, it being the "latest and greatest".

I don't mind the fact that AGCEEP isn't being updated because they're busy on FTG.

Actually it is because the...two remaining individuals who were ever involved in the nuts and bolts of AGCEEP releases are currently down for the count. :(