• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've been seeing where the M-R event doesn't fire (Poland and SU make peace and SU gains a bunch of privinces) and the SU doesn't go after Lithuania and Estonia. I've also been seeing where the Allies don't go to war with Germany even after a guarantee. So there's no invasion of Norway and Denmark, for one. Also saw the SU completely annex Romania. Seems that there's too much room for ahistorical things occurring.

Everything can be deactivated with one click at the beginning of the campaign.

Romania can (c. 50% chance) DOW the Soviets if Poland is attacked (mutual guarantees), Finland if Estonia is invaded.
Because of the baltic alliance events the Allies might decide they are not interested in fighting. Not yet and it can stop Germany from invading the nothern countries.

My only suggestion is that you tone down the chance of it going historical.

In that case, if Germany and the Allies are not at war over Poland, then I can turn my entire attention to the Soviet Union, which is what Hitler wanted all along.

Or is there an event that pops up later that has the Allies declaring war?

My only suggestion is that you tone down the chance of it going historical.

In that case, if Germany and the Allies are not at war over Poland, then I can turn my entire attention to the Soviet Union, which is what Hitler wanted all along.

Or is there an event that pops up later that has the Allies declaring war?

OK, you've convinced me. I will add this event which will force the UK to DOW Germany if it didn't do it in September 1939.

Besides I've prepared several new icons, elminated several problems in events and added some pictures.

I will release it as a hotfix in two-three days.

I am quite happy with the pack, but from time to time I am finding things which can be added, almost without any effort and which make sense and don't change much when it comes to game balance.

Grafhics are relatively easy to modify, provided there is enough resources to use.

Here are some which will be included in the hotfix/patch/whatever-you-call-it-but-not-edition-F.

I am almost ready with aircraft icons for CZE

cze_model_15_0.jpg

cze_model_17_0.jpg

there will be new model pictures for several units

Polish mountain -

ill_div_pol_8_5.jpg

ill_div_pol_8_7.jpg

ill_div_pol_8_8.jpg

mechanized

ill_div_pol_3_0-1.jpg

heavy tank

ill_bri_pol_8_0.jpg

recon/amphibious tanks 3TP also known as PZINż 130

ill_bri_pol_10_7.jpg

There will be also new event chins - for example concerning this plane

elk.jpg

I though license deals about PZL 37 Łoś should only activate if POL researches this plane.

In additon this event

poscigowa.jpg

witll result in this

poscigowarysunek.jpg

The TT will replace LOPP completely. Will activate during total mobilisation or if certain airforce doctrines are researched and the cost of planning and studies are paid. Historically Warsaw had modern air defence system which crumbled only when enemy tanks appeared on its outskirts.

I thout it makes more sense to add something which really worked instead of massive, but essentially only para-military organisation. Because three people can be credited with creation of the defence system I chose the unit itself instead.

This change also finishes my adjustments to Rayski's plan which seems more sensible now (no offence to the creators of this mod of course).

The Hotfix is ready - link -

http://rapidshare.com/files/366327466/hotfix_for_E.rar

A number of new icons, some new events and numerous corrected mistakes and bugs.

For example British guarantees event in 1939 invites Poland to the Allies if it agrees so the Balts will join the Allies as well, though in May.

Don't know if this is WAD but...

I've noticed that Germany many times annexes Lithuania when fighting Poland, and when the Soviet Union and Germany reach a deal over Lithuania and Polish territory, Germany does not cede Lithuania to the Soviet Union. Gives the Germans an advantage when they launch Barbarossa.

Don't know if this is WAD but...

I've noticed that Germany many times annexes Lithuania when fighting Poland, and when the Soviet Union and Germany reach a deal over Lithuania and Polish territory, Germany does not cede Lithuania to the Soviet Union. Gives the Germans an advantage when they launch Barbarossa.

That is strange, considering the fact there is event which forces germany to sign a peace treaty with Lithuania (similar for Latvia and Estonia), it should activate almost immediatelly when those countries either lose their capitals, lose most of territory or when a large part of Poland is occupied.

It depends on luck I guess - in my games Germany aren't able to annex the Liths.

I am preparing for AoD edition. Already made the research and I think I can share some results.

I am planning three additional Polish factions:

- event driven Secret State (the underground) with off map capital

Starting as an inactive puppet of Poland will start fighting the moment POL is annexed. Event driven because otherwise there would be very little to do except spying and research untill the uprising which will be the decisive campaign the 'country' will be preparing for. If successful it would result in released POL and annexation of Secret State.

Prepared - unit structure, icons, model images (many thanks to Hagar for those) and general plan for events.

Not ready - implementation, except the graphic part, leader list.

teams:

PSS.jpg

- partially event driven Poland in the exile

I thought about off-map capital, but this might not work as supposed to so it will receive a piece of Scotland (which was defended by Poles) instead.
Partially event driven because it will not have any industry (except electronics/cryptology) and everything will depend on Britain, France and USA and indirectly on the Soviets (release of POWs such as Anders and imprisoned civilians).
The idea is that if Britain researches certain technologies an event triggers activating options for the government in exile which could request assistance with - for example - modernization of an armored division.
Its entire IC would be directed towards replacing losses while MP would be the greatest problem.

Prepared - unit list, timeframe of most important events etc and tech teams

Not ready - leader list, ministers, icons (must be different than for POL).

teams -

POLinexile.jpg

- and SOV puppet Poland which will simply take all communist teams and leaders and use a different file. This might result in TWO Polish states (Korean/German scenario). Lublin will be the capital of the communist revolter so if warsaw is liberated by the Allies or by the underground Vistula will be the new Berlin Wall.

One more detail. Secret State and POL in exile will be roughly similar in size so one woul be able to military controll the other. This means that playing as the underground could involve fighting in the seas and commanding armored divisions trying to liberate the country.

The AoD gives many new technology slots so I thought if 'continuation' POL grasps certain number of VP it might be awarded. Besides I have I wanted to spend the rest of my research in some way.

Only one of those will be available - based on choices made by the player.

forAoD.jpg

Details can change. For example Zieleniewski etc. was a large company producing for the military (cannons, river monitors, steel, granade throwers etc) but mainly dealing with infrastructure.
If Core 0.50 (for AoD) will include infrastructure recovery techs I will adjust the details.
Second thing if it doesn't happen I am going to add dedicated nightfighting techs and Dąbek is supposed to deal with the technology (Maczek cannot do everything). His stats might change reflecting this purpose.
Finally I already mentioned Stomil (POL) and Barum (CZE) as dedicated rubber/synthetic rubber teams and if technology is expanded to include this branch of industry I am going to add both.

Hopefully it works, but I will wait untill 0.50 is in any recognisable shape. Part of the work will be done before it, obviously and things such as leader lists are difficult and especially time consuming enough.

Last edited:
Please, Cegorach, I have had some strange bugs, probably due to wrong install procedure...I made it this way:

1. Make a copy of 1.3b Doomsday Arma folder
2. Install CORE 0.4 into that new Doomsday folder (installer exe created a subfolder mod-CORE)
3. Instal BW CORE graphics
4. extract "Cegoracha_packiet_E... (36 mb) into main folder (not into mod-CORE folder)
5. extract hotfix for E into same place
6. extract Pinky's file (69 mb) into same place
7. extract E3 map (ver 0.4, 29 mb) into same place

Is that correct? I think there may have been a problem with extracting into main folder or sub-folder "mod-CORE".

Ideally, I would like to play CORE + GIP + CORE color graphics + your pack (events, sprites...) + E3.

Or, alternatively, if GIP and CORE color graphics don't suit the taste of your pack then: CORE + CORE black/white graphics + your pack + E3.

Last edited:
Please, Cegorach, I have had some strange bugs, probably due to wrong install procedure...I made it this way:

1. Make a copy of 1.3b Doomsday Arma folder
2. Install CORE 0.4 into that new Doomsday folder (installer exe created a subfolder mod-CORE)
3. Instal BW CORE graphics
4. extract "Cegoracha_packiet_E... (36 mb) into main folder (not into mod-CORE folder)
5. extract hotfix for E into same place
6. extract Pinky's file (69 mb) into same place
7. extract E3 map (ver 0.4, 29 mb) into same place

Is that correct? I think there may have been a problem with extracting into main folder or sub-folder "mod-CORE".

The correct (and tested ) order would be:

1,2,3, 6 and 'edition C - normal map' from the package ( 'E') to the main folder, 'E3 modification package - add ONLY after the other contents were properly extracted' to CORE_mod folder and finally the hotfix to main folder.

Part 7 isn't covered because Pinky's mod includes an older version of Mumia's E3 map.

If you have CORE installed you can simply apply Pinky's pack and after that the two, named (above) folders from my package and the hotfix in the end.

It is complicated so I might just upload a self installer later which will not see any other changes except some new graphics (icons etc.) and two TTs for Lithuania I finally found (I bought a book about LIT army today) - their military industry is almost unknown subject.

Ideally, I would like to play CORE + GIP + CORE color graphics + your pack (events, sprites...) + E3.

Or, alternatively, if GIP and CORE color graphics don't suit the taste of your pack then: CORE + CORE black/white graphics + your pack + E3.

Since Pinky's mod was prepared to convert the CORE for the mumia's map (e3 map) it must be used at some point.

Sadly it means only an earlier edition of the map can be used without problems - Pinky and later me, we converted several files so that they could work properly.

I might start working on a conversion for the final release of the E3 map, but that will not happen right now.

At this moment I am waiting for the AoD release of CORE to take more solid shape and when it is ready there will be time to convert it for the E3 map and later to convert my package as well.

Right now all you can use is an older release of the E3 map combined with CORE with my pack as the final addition.

So who has the new map, in the screenshots from the first thread? Is it CORE HoI2 (a future release) AoD, or the E3 map? Map be lookin good, that's why I'm asking ;)

All right guys. Time to move on.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=474901

From now on this thread will only deal with bugs and errors you might still encounter.
The rest goes to AoD package, including new graphics, tech teams, icons, events etc.

So who has the new map, in the screenshots from the first thread? Is it CORE HoI2 (a future release) AoD, or the E3 map? Map be lookin good, that's why I'm asking ;)

The map is an earlier version of E3 map with CORE 0.4 adjusted to its demands.

It is playable and available to download.

I fired up CORE for about two seconds, maybe that's why I didn't see the new map changes.

Your improvement pack for CORE AoD version is looking good. And make sure the CORE team for regular HoI 2 includes all of the changes in this thread. They're too good to loose.

Cegorach is a CORE Beta, so if anything he's got plenty of time to try to convince us to conclude anything within CORE proper. So far he's taking every opportunity to do just that. ;)

I doubt we will integrate anything 1:1, but so far Cegorach has ensured Eastern Europe, and Poland in particular, did have their fair share of attention.

I fired up CORE for about two seconds, maybe that's why I didn't see the new map changes.

Your improvement pack for CORE AoD version is looking good. And make sure the CORE team for regular HoI 2 includes all of the changes in this thread. They're too good to loose.

Some are unlikely to ever be considered as useful because of their limited use.

River flotillas for example can only be used by human player because only him can establish a set of rules and play according to them

When it comes to shov... advocating certain changes in the mod I guess it isn't so bad - armoured trains are almost certain to be included, revising night fighting (non existent now) goes well and there are also other point where I can congratulate myself.