• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I hadn't much time to play lately, and I'm still busy, so the next update probably won't come before the weekend.
But I decided to at least share my plan on attacking Spain (yes I'll declare war on them very soon, since the game is slowly getting boring and this war will surely bring a new challange into it, probably the last one...)

So I'll most likely end this AAR when (if) I win this war (or series of wars) against Spain. To make it more interesting, I won't go to my full force limits, I'll fight with an army of similar size then Spains, but I have the weaker Eastern units.
So I have to win this one with a good tactic, not with pure mlitary strenght...

The plan:

The majority of our forces is awaiting orders near the Spanish border in North Africa (there is also the whole Milanese army stationed (50.000 soldiers), that is probably the reason why they have been so badly beaten by Austria). They are seperated into around 4 different stacks of varying size (from 12.000 to 14.000) - more are on the way (10.000 soldiers from the Khiva border(there are still enough left) and 14.000 from Thrace). The greatest stack will advance into Africa immediatly after the DOW and capture as many provinces as possible, before they meet any resistance, the other will follow one or two provinces behind (since those lands will be already taken from Spain there won't be much (or any) attrition).
When we'll meet the nearest Spanish armys (they have none on the border) the first stack will attack them if they will be outnumbered. Else we'll wait for them to attack (they probably won't wait if they aren't outnumbered). At the same time the stack, which waits in the nearest province behind will be send to arrive some days later then the Spanish army (is our forst stack seems to do a good job against the enemy morale they'll join the fight, if not the move will be cancelled and the first stack will retreat).
The Spanish will surely follow them and run into the fresh stack (and the retreat will be planned to last long enough to get reinforcements and new morale with the foirst stack - a lvl 5 advisor fopr reinforcement speed has been hired for that reason).
We'll use the same tactic if necesarry all the way back to Arabia and hopefully the Sanish army will be on to low moral to fight on or at least suffer heavy casulties from attrition in the captured provinces and from the battles.
Additional forces will arrive from anatolia and Asia and we'll also train one or two extra stacks, while fighting.

Eventhough that tactic might destroy the Spanish forces we won't rely on it. After the war will be ongoing for a few months 20.000 soldiers from Italy will begin to march toward Spain (Milan is still my ally and france is still giving us military access - from the last war against Spain), if we fight tough enough in Africa Spain will hopefully send most of their forces there and those 20.000 will take as many important citys from theit hearthland as they can.
Before they will arrive at the Spanish North border Gibraltar won't be blocked (our fleet will be just one sea province from it and thus they'll still block their ports and so increase their WE), but our main fleet will block it immeadiatly after they arrive in Spain (yes we outnumber them in ships).

On sea our ships have patrolled the mediterran sea and we weren't surprised to learn that none Spanish ships were there (they probably need them for pirate hunting around America, Africa and Indonesia - where they've also conquered some provinces). So as I already mentioned our main fleet (over 50 ships) will stay one proince away from Gibraltar (the one east of it) and so block many of their ports and also the entrance from the ocean (so Spains fleet will be useless). A smaller fleet (10 big ships, 5 galleys) will therewhile hunt down several small (3-5 ships) patrols we spotted in the Indian ocean (most probably pirate patrols).

We'll also use our huge income to finance spys, to decrease Spains stability.

epirusplan1.jpg

:eek: Who's that insanely huge country in the Middle East? Oh, wait, it's you. :D Don't forget your cavalry kicks ass. The Spaniards should run out of MP soon enough with all that bloodletting. If the war gets to your borders, don't forget the scorched earth thing. And I don't think blocking Gibraltar matters because the narrow strait thing allowing land movement isn't there anymore. Believe me, it would make playing Castille so much easier. Kill those Spanish bas-turds!

That huge yellow thing is Muscowy??? WOW!! And Korea??? WOW again!!!

:eek: Who's that insanely huge country in the Middle East? Oh, wait, it's you. :D Don't forget your cavalry kicks ass. The Spaniards should run out of MP soon enough with all that bloodletting. If the war gets to your borders, don't forget the scorched earth thing. And I don't think blocking Gibraltar matters because the narrow strait thing allowing land movement isn't there anymore. Believe me, it would make playing Castille so much easier. Kill those Spanish bas-turds!

I'll try my best:)

That huge yellow thing is Muscowy??? WOW!! And Korea??? WOW again!!!

Yeah Muscovy gained all those land in one massive war against Ming and Korea used that war for their own expansions.

Part 31:

War will be declared soon, but before we start, we check the nation statistics one last time, to see, how we are doing against Spain. They have a somehow bigger army and of course they have superior units, but we still have our vassals, Milan and our tactic:D. Surprisingly we seem to have a stronger navy:

epirus601.jpg

epirus602.jpg

epirus603.jpg

Soon the first bad news arrived, but not about the war. Our ally Milan somehow came under a PU with Barabant, but the war was already declared and so we will fight together this last epic struggle. At least our navy in the Indian ocean was successfull and they encountered several minor Spanish fleets (all one big ship and three small ships), at the same time Spain try to get a white peace, but this war won't end until one of our nations will be ruined:

epirus604.jpg

epirus605.jpg

Our land army first encounter happened in Sir. After a few weeks of battle, we decided to fall back into the fresh stack which was positioned one province behind. The first battle was succesfull, although we withdrawed, Spain had the bigger losses. The same thing happened in Tripolitana:

epirus606.jpg

In Cyrenica the first victory was achieved. But they weren't defeated yet and we had to withdraw once more. In the meantime some of our vassals decided to do an joined naval invasion of North Africa:

epirus607.jpg

epirus608.jpg

In Libia the greatest battle in European history took place. poland helped us with another 6.000 soldiers and more reinforcements came from Asyut:

epirus609.jpg

An heroic victory, despite huge losses we broke the morale of the whole Spanish army in africa:

epirus610.jpg

Not only our vassals were attacking Spanish provinces in North Africa, also rebels took their chance:

epirus611.jpg

After their defeat in Libia Spain was hunted all the way through Africa:

epirus612.jpg

At this time Khiva declared war, they thought we wouldn't be abel to defent while fighting Spain. Also our army arrived in the Spanish pennisula and defeated an small stack at the Spanish-French border:

epirus613.jpg

Our allies had successfully captured Gabes and they were fighting some hastly recruited soldiers:

epirus614.jpg

In Sirt the first Spanish army was totally annihilated, before the main force arrived there (our army had an lvl 6 maneuver general). The remaining armys retreted into different provinces, but their greatest force, which had 0 soldiers left was chased into Constantine:

epirus615.jpg

epirus616.jpg

So they were crushed and at that time we vassalised Quara Konyulu (who joined Khiva) and also Khiva had to renounce many claims. Milan managed to free from the Barabant PU, but they came under the leadership of Naples:

epirus617.jpg

Our army in Spain therewhile was defeated and they were annihilated, before they was abel to reach french soil:

epirus618.jpg

But we achived a total victory in Africa:

epirus619.jpg

Milan sued for peace and took two provinces. But eventhough Milan left the war Spains situation was hopeless:

epirus620.jpg

Part 31 continuation:

Rajputana and Begal declared war and were both fast defeated, also Vijayanagar had to cede us one province (so we finnally unified India under our flag:D). More victorys were achieved at sea:

epirus621.jpg

epirus622.jpg

We still hadn't enough war score to acomplish our ultimate goal (releasing Castille) and we weren't abel to attack the Spanish pennisula, because they still had a huge army there. So we managed to receive military access through Portugal, to reach more Spanish provinces in West Africa:

epirus623.jpg

Their only army there was easily defeated:

epirus624.jpg

In the meantime we were attacked by Oman and they became our new vassal (so also Arabia was unified):

epirus625.jpg

Spains situation, before we ended the war (during those years 4 spies from us succeded in decreasing their stability):

epirus626.jpg

And Victory was ours, a heroic victory. We released the probably most important provinces of them under the control of Castille:

epirus627.jpg

epirus628.jpg

Great job, it's funny seeing Castille popping up to tear a united Spain in two like that. Hopefully this will be the end of them as a major power.

EPILOGUE:

I left the game to run until the end of the year Spain was defeated and a few weeks after our great victory our king died and Thomas IV took the throne:

epirus629.jpg

And here are some statistics at the end of tis game. Incame (the fall in the end is because of the new king, who lost much legitimacy and so our tolerance for heathens wasn't 0 anymore):

epirus630.jpg

Armies:

epirus631.jpg

Navies:

epirus632.jpg

And a more detailed information on income and our COTs:

epirus633.jpg

epirus634.jpg

This concludes this AAR, with the deefat of Spain there is no challange left in this game. But it was one of my most enjoyable games.

Thanks for all the coments and of course I'll be happy for any additional replys, but I won't continue this game.

Last edited:
Oh, it's over. There's still Muscowy and France out there, keep going! :p

Nah, it's fine if it ends here. It was a great AAR, I'll be sure to read your next one. I wonder if there's a nation out there that's harder than Epirus (not counting Ryuku/Bar of course)...

Oh, it's over. There's still Muscowy and France out there, keep going! :p

Nah, it's fine if it ends here. It was a great AAR, I'll be sure to read your next one. I wonder if there's a nation out there that's harder than Epirus (not counting Ryuku/Bar of course)...

I don't know when I'll be abel to write another one, because I'm busy these days.

Awww please keep going :(
Or do a WC with Benin :)
Don't stop until Moscow and Paris bow before thee!
Please continue!

Sorry, but I won't continue, since Spain was the only nation with a larger army and it would only get boring conquering everything without a proper enemy.